who's CURRENTLY da hotter NYC rapper outta these 2?

was ur pick?

• A$ap Rocky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Montana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
See . . . This is what's crazy to me . . .​

Look at ASAP's tape and album and then go look at 1999, the Pro Era Tape, and all the random records Joey has dropped and compare the two's versatility . . .​

Joey is a one trick pony . . . he gets a dusty beat and uses the same flow . . . Rocky isn't one to rely on lyrical prowess, but he flows well with the beat and musically his taste and beat selection is top notch . . .​

But what about the lyrics tho slim?

This is rap were talking about. Yeah A$AP may have versatility but his bars are below average and his range of subject matter is lacking. Personally, I'm tired of hearing cats who "sound nice" but are saying absolutely nothing.

Maybe I'm getting old, but can't deal with all these new rappers talking about nothing, there's enough of those already who are established and better.

Last edited:
See . . . This is what's crazy to me . . .​
Look at ASAP's tape and album and then go look at 1999, the Pro Era Tape, and all the random records Joey has dropped and compare the two's versatility . . .​
Joey is a one trick pony . . . he gets a dusty beat and uses the same flow . . . Rocky isn't one to rely on lyrical prowess, but he flows well with the beat and musically his taste and beat selection is top notch . . .​
But what about the lyrics tho slim?

This is rap were talking about. Yeah A$AP may have versatility but his bars are below average and his range of subject matter is lacking. Personally, I'm tired of hearing cats who "sound nice" but are saying absolutely nothing.

Maybe I'm getting old, but can't deal with all these new rappers talking about nothing, there's enough of those already who are established and better.
I mean it's not like dude is Chief Keef or Soulja . . . and on that same token, he's not Nas either . . .

He's lyrically decent . . . No better or worse than Joey Badass . . .

I mean do you really consider that on the same level as

Last edited:
I mean it's not like dude is Chief Keef or Soulja . . . and on that same token, he's not Nas either . . .​

He's lyrically decent . . . No better or worse than Joey Badass . . .​

Never said he was Chief or SB.

He's def. worse than Joey tho.

Like on a Meek Mill level minus the yelling.

you also could watch this kid from the chi. he will be the next big lyirist to come out of the city 

I would say A$AP. I just think French and his boys have the coke money to buy their way into the system - radio plays and features.

Dudes in here are funny man. Throwing shade on Joey but completely ignoring he's MILES ahead of the two clowns being talked about, in terms of actual rapping ability.

Side note: 5 years ago up north dudes were clowning the south hard for all their non lyrical rappers (specifically Gucci and Shawty Lo). Fast forward, now y'all are saying French, who's borderline ******ed, is carrying the torch for NYC :lol:. Hilarious.

Joey is better lyrically and that's where it stops..........

Dudes in here are funny man. Throwing shade on Joey but completely ignoring he's MILES ahead of the two clowns being talked about, in terms of actual rapping ability.

Side note: 5 years ago up north dudes were clowning the south hard for all their non lyrical rappers (specifically Gucci and Shawty Lo). Fast forward, now y'all are saying French, who's borderline ******ed, is carrying the torch for NYC :lol:. Hilarious.

Joey is better lyrically and that's where it stops..........

well unless you think A$AP is producing these tracks, I dont know what else you want from the kid.

A$AP is just the hipster flavor of the month

Walking around NY, NO ONE over 18 is listening to A$AP like that.  High school kids and under is all dressing like this cat too.

French ***** on A$AP based off catalog alone.  Dude got like a bunch of mixtapes and A$AP only got a mixtape and a album (2 mixtapes if you wanna count Lords Never Worry)

French only has 1 dude in his crew who can really rap IMO and thats Chinx, but A$AP got a stronger crew (Ferg, Twelvyy) who rap better than he does.

And French got the crazy support (MMG crew, Bad Boy, i see more Coke Boys shirts in NY than A$AP shirts)

The hood feels French.  The kids feel A$AP. 

Walking around NY, NO ONE over 18 is listening to A$AP like that.  High school kids and under is all dressing like this cat too.

French ***** on A$AP based off catalog alone.  Dude got like a bunch of mixtapes and A$AP only got a mixtape and a album (2 mixtapes if you wanna count Lords Never Worry)

French only has 1 dude in his crew who can really rap IMO and thats Chinx, but A$AP got a stronger crew (Ferg, Twelvyy) who rap better than he does.

And French got the crazy support (MMG crew, Bad Boy, i see more Coke Boys shirts in NY than A$AP shirts)

The hood feels French.  The kids feel A$AP. 

So no one over 18 listens to A$AP, but you got grown men walking around w/ Coke Boys shirts....

OK.

This is rap, 2013? Sad :smh:

Both these dudes are so trash. Im not even from NYC, but the fact that the hip hop scene there has fallen so far that these 2 dudes even have deals is terrible

Alls i know is this

When they play an asap song in the club thats when mfs re up on drinks/drugs, go to the bathroom etc

When french comes on tho.....TWERKATHON :smokin

I cant hate on either tho cuz they both doin it and obviously both have a large fanbase

So no one over 18 listens to A$AP, but you got grown men walking around w/ Coke Boys shirts....

OK.

This is rap, 2013? Sad
mean.gif
It's unfortunate but it's the truth

I still believe the best rappers are in NY, they just wont get any burn cause rap is a business, not about how nice you are its about how much money can you make

Lmaooo at the French Montana being borderline ******ed comment!

I feel like everyone has such a vast hip hop taste. But yet we all try to push our opinon on the other.

I won't be convinced to being a French fan and won't convince you either on being a ASAP fan!

Justice is served

skimmed through the thread hoping ninja would fight someone to defend french montana's "hotness".

disappointed. :smh:

OK.

This is rap, 2013? Sad
mean.gif
It's unfortunate but it's the truth

I still believe the best rappers are in NY, they just wont get any burn cause rap is a business, not about how nice you are its about how much money can you make most "nice" rappers cannot make good music.
Ficksed

:nerd:New York needs to find rappers who don't pretend to be from the south cuz both these dudes sound like rejects and look like it too.

that LIVE.LOVE.A$AP mixtape was aight... i guess.  French is garbage. Im still waitin' on him to make a record i like...

Back
Top Bottom