who's CURRENTLY da hotter NYC rapper outta these 2?

was ur pick?

• A$ap Rocky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Montana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
he had 14 volumes, its easy to believe he sold 100k of each volume = 1+ million of total sales.
 French wsn't even recognized until coke wave, and didn't start gettting taken seriously to around Mac & Cheese 2. & i'm talking the Bronx, let alone ****** knowing him outside the tri state.

gee wiz, that was ONLY is 3rd mixtape, way to rant and basically agree with me.
laugh.gif
and for da record

da reason he caught on SO FAST with just his 3rd was his coke boy dvd collection.

Last edited:
Why pose a question if you not gonna listen to any of the opposing view points ninja? :lol:

Sold out solo tour
100+K 1st week
Killing festivals
Opening for Rihanna

Vs.

1 hot single with the 3 hottest rappers at the time

If you just want to say you prefer all the gritty Coke Boy tapes then that's fine. Say French>ASAP. You can have your opinion. But to ask who's hotter and not acknowledge all of what ASAP is doing and your only rebuttal for French is "HAD he came out when he should have THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPEN' A whole lot of shoulda, coulda, woulda

repped

Basically it depends on YOU :lol:, NT puts me on to a lot of these "scorching hot up and coming rappers" (yes sarcasm) that you don't hear about outside of NT. Sorta like J. Cole but that's a whole 'nother argument. Only reason I know who A$AP is is because I kept seeing it bumped to the top of the music section. TBH I thought "effing problems" was 2 Chainz song. Me and all my friends knew who French was wayyyy before an A$AP. Unless i'm on the internet heavy i'm not gonna know who A$AP is. I'm not saying French is better but he's more exposed in my "world" if that makes sense i.e. TV/radio/Instagram so imma say French is hotter. Sorry guise

I am thankful for NT though cause without yall I wouldn't know who 80% of these artists are, thats one of the good things about NT imo. Hell NT put me on to Chief Keef :lol: :smh:

son aint that nice, he got yall fooled w/ that take it back ****.

doubt he could do sway's 5 fingers of death like this.

Never took this kid serious but homie blacked the **** out on that freestyle :x

niether did i, had him written off cuz he's a shorty and was on x-factor, but son has skills. and thats high praise from me considering how i feel about kid rappers.

Last edited:

Are you trying to say Astro is better than Joey Badass?

I really don't care about rapper freestyles anymore, nobody cares about freestyles...seriously they are all written most of the time. A freestyle is not what I'm listening to on my iPod and neither is anyone. But content wise Joey Badass is awesome, come back with an oldschool sound and flow...and did it completely on his own. Everybody at Murrow believed in him, then he dropped a YouTube video and all of Brooklyn was believed and next thing you know he made it on MTV. I gotta give it up to the kid...he having a great year.

Artists like Joey Badass, ASAP, Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson give me hope for rap music.

French has bangers....but soooo much of his music is trash

I really don't care about rapper freestyles anymore, nobody cares about freestyles...seriously they are all written most of the time. A freestyle is not what I'm listening to on my iPod and neither is anyone. But content wise Joey Badass is awesome, come back with an oldschool sound and flow...and did it completely on his own. Everybody at Murrow believed in him, then he dropped a YouTube video and all of Brooklyn was believed and next thing you know he made it on MTV. I gotta give it up to the kid...he having a great year.

Artists like Joey Badass, ASAP, Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson give me hope for rap music.

That's honesty a problem right there, but that'sfor a whole different thread.

from the little bit i have seen of both rappers, yes i am.

imo the songs/vids i've heard from joey other than having that "ah, hes taking it back" moment with him, have not been that impressive. seems like most of the props he gets is cause he sounds like he could have been around in 93 and is so much different (than the norm, not as in gifted) than alot of cats out today and not cuz he killed a song or his tape was good.

astro on the other hand had the x-factor and kid mc stigma (and i dont mess w/ either) to overcome. and with a couple of videos has been able to get me to take him seriously.

from the little bit i have seen of both rappers, yes i am.

imo the songs/vids i've heard from joey other than having that "ah, hes taking it back" moment with him, have not been that impressive. seems like most of the props he gets is cause he sounds like he could have been around in 93 and is so much different (than the norm, not as in gifted) than alot of cats out today and not cuz he killed a song or his tape was good.

astro on the other hand had the x-factor and kid mc stigma (and i dont mess w/ either) to overcome. and with a couple of videos has been able to get me to take him seriously.
stop it 

In my area, everyone think's French Montana is a typical southern rapper and only likes ******g problems because all of the people featured in it. Barely anyone knows them as individuals.

Haven't watched that Astro kid . . . but IMO Joey Badass isn't some hip hop savior

90 percent of his hype comes from the fact that he is coming up in an era where his sound is rare

His whole appeal is that he sounds like he came out of a time machine from the "golden era" . . . but in the long run he is not doing anything new and not doing anything to advance the sound of rap . . .

Meanwhile guys like Rocky and Drake and even Kendrick are collaborating with artists of different genres, and venturing into more places soundwise and it doesn't sound forced . . . Joey is just doing his best imitation of what a new rapper would sound like in 94 . . .

Haven't watched that Astro kid . . . but IMO Joey Badass isn't some hip hop savior​

90 percent of his hype comes from the fact that he is coming up in an era where his sound is rare​

His whole appeal is that he sounds like he came out of a time machine from the "golden era" . . . but in the long run he is not doing anything new and not doing anything to advance the sound of rap . . .​

Meanwhile guys like Rocky and Drake and even Kendrick are collaborating with artists of different genres, and venturing into more places soundwise and it doesn't sound forced . . . Joey is just doing his best imitation of what a new rapper would sound like in 94 . . .​

Dude is 17 years old and RAPS/makes better songs than a lot of dudes he's coming up with. To ignore his talent and go with the "hes not a hip hop savior" angle is corny as hell . We get at rocky and French for making "southern style" music and then get at joey for making "east coast" style music y'all dudes need to make up y'all damn mind about what type of music New Yorkers should make .

Last edited:
Dude is 17 years old and RAPS/makes better songs than a lot of dudes he's coming up with. To ignore his talent and go with the "hes not a hip hop savior" angle is corny as hell . We get at rocky and French for making "southern style" music and then get at joey for making "east coast" style music y'all dudes need to make up y'all damn mind about what type of music New Yorkers should make .

Dudes in here are funny man. Throwing shade on Joey but completely ignoring he's MILES ahead of the two clowns being talked about, in terms of actual rapping ability.

Side note: 5 years ago up north dudes were clowning the south hard for all their non lyrical rappers (specifically Gucci and Shawty Lo). Fast forward, now y'all are saying French, who's borderline ******ed, is carrying the torch for NYC :lol:. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Here we go with another topic, just make this the official NY hip hop's struggle for relevance thread.

My 2 cents... Joey is not that nice, I think the nostalgia of it all got y'all hung up and at this point y'all will make anyone out the area a hero cause NY hip hop just ain't relevant.

Here we go with another topic, just make this the official NY hip hop's struggle for relevance thread.

My 2 cents... Joey is not that nice, I think the nostalgia of it all got y'all hung up and at this point y'all will make anyone out the area a hero cause NY hip hop just ain't relevant.

Personally I don't give a damn bout the relevancy of NY hip-hop. But even if Joey's not THAT nice he's so far ahead of ASAP and French it's not even funny. Them two dudes are the bottom tier of hip-hop when it comes to actual talent.

I don't think anyone is saying Joey is NY's savior, so I don't see where that's coming from. Just that he's very talented for his age.

Joey is not that nice, I think the nostalgia of it all got y'all hung up and at this point y'all will make anyone out the area a hero cause NY hip hop just ain't relevant.
^^^

And just because he's a better rapper than Chief Keef we're supposed to ride him?

Don't get me wrong, he's decent . . . but y'all really overrate him . . .

Personally I don't give a damn bout the relevancy of NY hip-hop. But even if Joey's not THAT nice he's so far ahead of ASAP and French it's not even funny. Them two dudes are the bottom tier of hip-hop when it comes to actual talent.
See . . . This is what's crazy to me . . .

Look at ASAP's tape and album and then go look at 1999, the Pro Era Tape, and all the random records Joey has dropped and compare the two's versatility . . .

Joey is a one trick pony . . . he gets a dusty beat and uses the same flow . . . Rocky isn't one to rely on lyrical prowess, but he flows well with the beat and musically his taste and beat selection is top notch . . .

Back
Top Bottom