who's CURRENTLY da hotter NYC rapper outta these 2?

was ur pick?

• A$ap Rocky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Montana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
their own sound? I dont hear it, I dont get the feeling of "originality" when I listen to ASAP. Wearing dresses on TV is damn original though, so props to him for that.

And that bolded sentence literally doesnt mean anything :lol:

So please then tell me what other rappers currently out have a sound like theirs........ LongliveA$AP, Brand new guy, Goldie, Choppas On Deck & damn near everything other than ****** Problems or work sounds like nothing currently out.

And cool a weekend where Damn near all of hiphop is throwing parties & the biggest DJ's in hiphop are Dj'ing those parties mean nothing in the scope of what's hot in Hiphop......... what an astounding revelation :smh:

The #1 most common criticism I remember of all those tracks is that they sound too much like old 3-6 stuff

Basically w/ bone thug flows.

their own sound? I dont hear it, I dont get the feeling of "originality" when I listen to ASAP. Wearing dresses on TV is damn original though, so props to him for that.

So please then tell me what other rappers currently out have a sound like theirs........ LongliveA$AP, Brand new guy, Goldie, Choppas On Deck & damn near everything other than ****** Problems or work sounds like nothing currently out.

And cool a weekend where Damn near all of hiphop is throwing parties & the biggest DJ's in hiphop are Dj'ing those parties mean nothing in the scope of what's hot in Hiphop......... what an astounding revelation :smh:

The #1 most common criticism I remember of all those tracks is that they sound too much like old 3-6 stuff

Basically w/ bone thug flows.

3-6 + Bone Thugs Flow + Houston's sound = Rocky

Ain't nothing original about dude.

A$AP ROCKY >>>>>>>>>>>> FRENCH MONTANA

ACTION BRONSON >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FRENCH MONTANA

mafioso rap download Blue Chips right now if you haven't heard it, if you have heard of Blue Chips and haven't downloaded Blue Chips shame on you

That's not really a bad thing. That's honestly the reason why I can listen to a lot of him and Spaceghostpurrp, cause they do a very good job of imitating them. Its really the next best thing to actually listening to old Hypnotize Minds stuff. Seems like they were truly fans and influenced by them and some Houston rappers, instead of just hi-jacking their style then heading to another city/state to bleed them dry.

That's not really a bad thing. That's honestly the reason why I can listen to a lot of him and Spaceghostpurrp, cause they do a very good job of imitating them. Its really the next best thing to actually listening to old Hypnotize Minds stuff. Seems like they were truly fans and influenced by them and some Houston rappers, instead of just hi-jacking their style then heading to another city/state to bleed them dry.

but when talking originality, you just made my point for me.

I think French is trash too btw

3-6 + Bone Thugs Flow + Houston's sound = Rocky

Ain't nothing original about dude.

Goldie sounds like 3-6 ?
1train has a Bone flow?
Wild for the night sounds like bone too?

PMW, Angels, hell what on the ALBUM sounds like bone to you because i don't see it. Then the nerve of these same cats to call Rocky out for not being original & then bump cats like Bronson & Roc Marciano who sound EXACTLY like 90 ny cats but that's okay right.... they deliberately jack everything from that era, try nothing progressive but that's hot?

the bottom line with this post is that everyone who's in here talking about A$AP ain't this or that has made a comment on how he dresses and that's the real reason behind these answers....

The _ said it himself his music is heavily influenced by all those dudes. I like some of his music but ain't nothing original about it. There's dudes that's been making this sound for years.

Last edited:
Being influenced and trying to mimic something are two different things. all i keep hearing is that his music sounds like etc etc etc.... but it doesnt

Jay was influenced by Kane & Rakim does their music sound the same
Ye said himself on CD that he bit the drums Dre's **** does their production sound the same

Peso & Purple swag had direct similarities to older houston Rap.... None of his new **** has direct songs you can link them too and say yea he's trying to be like.......

What about Goldie, Suddenly, Hell reminds you of houston or bone

The whole LiveLoveASAP mixtape sounded like Houston and him and his crew was using Bone Thugs flow. The whole ASAP Mob tape sounds like some old 3-6. His new album still sounds like Houston.

I'm not tryna discredit dude but it's to obvious. If you can't hear it I don't know what to tell you bruh.* kanye shrug*

The whole LiveLoveASAP mixtape sounded like Houston and him and his crew was using Bone Thugs flow. The whole ASAP Mob tape sounds like some old 3-6. His new album still sounds like Houston.

I'm not tryna discredit dude but it's to obvious. If you can't hear it I don't know what to tell you bruh.* kanye shrug*

Lmao...dude I love how you say the whole tapes sounded exactly that same as a city. As if they used the same beats or lyrics. Did you ever hear rocky say " influenced by Houston hear it in my music".

I just don't understand the hate for sounding like this or having a flow like that. Artists are influenced off one another...living in NYC we are influenced by so many different things because we are a melting pot. I have French friends, SoCal friends, ATL homies, Texas...you name it they are all hear.

So it is very easy for a dude from NYC to be influenced by a number of different cultures...but it is great when you can mash it all together and make it one unique thing. Which IMO rocky did. He raps south, he raps NY, he raps harlem, he made his own lane, his own style, his own trends.

So it is very tough to say he swagga jacked anything from anyone. He has been influenced like every artist has.

Lmao...dude I love how you say the whole tapes sounded exactly that same as a city. As if they used the same beats or lyrics. Did you ever hear rocky say " influenced by Houston hear it in my music".

I just don't understand the hate for sounding like this or having a flow like that. Artists are influenced off one another...living in NYC we are influenced by so many different things because we are a melting pot. I have French friends, SoCal friends, ATL homies, Texas...you name it they are all hear.

So it is very easy for a dude from NYC to be influenced by a number of different cultures...but it is great when you can mash it all together and make it one unique thing. Which IMO rocky did. He raps south, he raps NY, he raps harlem, he made his own lane, his own style, his own trends.

So it is very tough to say he swagga jacked anything from anyone. He has been influenced like every artist has.
if dudes listen to that interview posted above the answer is there it should be common sense but i guess i gives dudes too much credit. rap has changed man it's the era of the internet and being able to listen to anything u want within a few seconds. Rocky is 24 years old and was a youngin in the early 2000's when the southern rap explosion started I have no problem at all with him being a NYC cat and having bone thugs and southern rap influence him it's natural if that's what you listen to. That would be like us getting mad at TI, Ludacris, Wayne , etc in their prime all using that familiar NYC flow to gain a larger fanbase and respect throughout all regions. **** is corny

In none of my post did I say dude was swagga jacking anybody. I can't hate dude if I actually listen to some of his music. All I said was he's not doing anything original. :lol:

Last edited:
Bottomline is ****** discredit Rocky because he's from NY and want him to sound like Joey Bad*****

instead he took a sound that he's influenced by and was obsolete on a mainstream scale, tweaked it and made it poppin....****** just mad

and I went to that French show at sob's, thorougly dissapointed...even more tight he took Max off the album.

Bottomline is ****** discredit Rocky because he's from NY and want him to sound like Joey Bad*****

instead he took a sound that he's influenced by and was obsolete on a mainstream scale, tweaked it and made it poppin....****** just mad

and I went to that French show at sob's, thorougly dissapointed...even more tight he took Max off the album.
exactly and then they wanna get mad at joey and say "he needs to get rid of that tired 90's NY sound it's wack" at the end of the day n_s gonna hate a young NY rapper with some kind of buzz

exactly and then they wanna get mad at joey and say "he needs to get rid of that tired 90's NY sound it's wack" at the end of the day n_s gonna hate a young NY rapper with some kind of buzz

I discredit him because I think he sucks. I dont want him to sound like Joey, theres plenty of NY rappers that sound nothing like dude...I just want to hear some memorable music thats all, and neither him nor French Montana are making that right now

I discredit him because I think he sucks. I dont want him to sound like Joey, theres plenty of NY rappers that sound nothing like dude...I just want to hear some memorable music thats all, and neither him nor French Montana are making that right now
100x100px-LS-ab3372b9_2f471a9d_tumblr_manxnf2NGi1rhnbc9o1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom