Who are the most Disloyal/ Bandwagon fans in sports and on NT?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by mavrx

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Mavericks fans.
smh.gif
dallas sports fans are disloyal/bandwagon jumpers
smh.gif
Ah now come on...
smh.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah, I actually hate sports fans in Dallas. Half these dudes couldn't tell me who owned the Mavericks before Cuban. When the Mavs traded for Kidd, I had one guy who swore he was a Mavs die-hard ask me "Wait, why is everyone talking about the Mavericks bringing Jason Kidd back? He never played here..." I gave him the
indifferent.gif
and told him I wanted nothing to do with talking about sports with him.

And Cowboys fans at Texas Stadium... Ugh.
sick.gif

Who wants to remember Perot or Don.
laugh.gif

Seriously, can a Warriors fan on here defend the presence of the Wave this season? I'm sure there's a lot of loyal fans on here and if I were one ofthem I would be heated at what happened. Either Oracle got populated with bangwagoners or the loyal fans just got outpriced, maybe both.

I agree. I'm a Knicks fan, but I NEVER post in the season threads or game threads simply because I'm just ashamed and embarrassed. Hell, I think the last time I posted in a Knicks thread on this board is when I said that Marbury (along with a couple other players) is a cancer and will never help this team win anything. After that remark, all of the ignorance from other Knicks fans on NT spewed in and since then, I've never bothered to post in another Knicks thread on this board. Even my AIM screen name has been "nyknicks535" since I was in middle school, and I don't even know why I still use it. I am too embarrassed to look someone in the face and tell them that I'm a NYK fan.
laugh.gif

You're worse than a bandwagoner fan
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

and you've got the nerve to point out bandwagoners

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Seriously, can a Warriors fan on here defend the presence of the Wave this season? I'm sure there's a lot of loyal fans on here and if I were one of them I would be heated at what happened. Either Oracle got populated with bangwagoners or the loyal fans just got outpriced, maybe both.
It's just an insult that REAL Warrior fans that have been there forever are getting grouped together with those bandwagoners.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

No, I can't defend it. Ticket prices have skyrocketed through the roof (like 100+ for upper level for the big games)...but again, there's a differencebetween those bandwagoners and REAL warrior fans, which are still at Oracle, but the bandwagoners filing in have definitely ruined the luster a little sincethen.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Golden State Warrior fans.Remember the fire Don Nelson and take your stupid dog with you thread.
laugh.gif

Need I say more about these fans here.

Second worst fans on NT here are Houston Rockets.Remember when that detailed article came out about T-Mac tanking a game and faking a injury to get out the game this year in Philly.

NONE of the T-Mac slurpers on here (nyk buck or Franchise3) even came to his defense.Before the Rockets went on they're 22 game winning streak this season most Rockets fans were nowhere to be found on here when they're team was under 500 and Magic, Kenny, and Charles on the TNT halftime & pre game shows during games were saying how the Rockets need to blowup the team and trade either T-Mac or Yao.

Here we go again with the Warriors/bandwagon talk
tired.gif

The "Fire Don Nelson" thread proves that we are not delusional fans. We can critique our own team. We're not oblivious to our flaws. I think you misinterpreted that thread and thought we were saying "Let's bail on the Warriors because the Warriors are struggling". We're not "bailing" on the Warriors, c'mon now, we love our team.

You go on to call out Houston Rocket fans as being the 2nd most disloyal/bandwagon fans. If you want to call out Warriors fans for wanting to fire Don Nelson, I can also point out that Knick fans want to fire Isiah Thomas and Mavericks want to fire Avery Johnson. Why not call them out too for essentially the same thing?

You got a bias against the Warriors and their fans... I can tell.

Thank you. We may complain a bit about Nellie, but just looking in your game threads you guys are ALWAYS super-critical on your players and expect to winevery game. You definitely have a bias against us, and it's been VERY evident in all your posts regarding the Warriors. That "fire don nelson"thread was much more than "fire don nelson he sucks" if you had reading comprehension skills, you'd know. i hope you just simply didn't readit, because any 5th grader with reading ability could tell that the thread wasn't Warrior fans really calling for Nellie's firing.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

You can tell people are n00bs to the NikeTalk Sports Forum when they say Warriors fans on NT are "bandwagoners".

We were strong on here when the Warriors sucked.

You can rationalize it any way you want. Back then, people said there were tons of Warriors fans on NT because there were a ton of NTers from the Bay Area. Now we're "bandwagoners".

Good call.

Come on dog, me and you probably about the same age and I've been to the Coliseum when the Warriors were garbage and the only reason the place waspacked was because there were a ton of fans for the other guys. There was never any problem walking up to the ticket booth 5 minutes before the game andpurchasing some tickets. Now you guys might not be bandwagoners, but there's a ton more "fans" now all of a sudden. And this is real life,which correlates with all the NT Warrior "fans."

I'll go ahead and extend the whole disloyalty thing to the entire Bay, it's downright pathetic. Now that the Niners suck no one goes to the games,and I guarantee people won't be going to AT&T when the Giants lose 100+ games. And while the A's and Raiders have a small pocket of loyalty, weall know how their attendance is. And to dude who said the Sharks are probably the least loyal, you trippin. Hockey fans are no joke, Sharks' fansincluded.

Unfortunately our area isn't that great with sports, yall might be too young to know this. We're too busy protesting torches and living in trees.

^Sure, it obviously isn't as crazy as it is now, but it was still better than a lot of arenas back then. I went to a Niner game last year and it was stillpretty packed, and I guarantee the Giants will still sell tickets because the park is so damn nice and the Giants are still the main baseball team in teh bayarea (even tho i'm more of an A's fan)..of course not as much but it won't be empty all the sudden.

and i agree that knick fans are the most loyal...anybody still rooting for that crappy team deserves some e-props.

i hate the knicks with a passion even though i been in nyc for about 8 years now. but i will say the knicks fans on this board are anything but disloyal

Second worst fans on NT here are Houston Rockets.Remember when that detailed article came out about T-Mac tanking a game and faking a injury to get out the game this year in Philly.

NONE of the T-Mac slurpers on here (nyk buck or Franchise3) even came to his defense.Before the Rockets went on they're 22 game winning streak this season most Rockets fans were nowhere to be found on here when they're team was under 500 and Magic, Kenny, and Charles on the TNT halftime & pre game shows during games were saying how the Rockets need to blowup the team and trade either T-Mac or Yao.
WHO IS YOU, REALLY?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ the notion of 'bandwagon Rockets fans'

WHAT HAS THE ROCKETS ACHIEVED REALLY, (minus the 22 game winning streak) in the past decade FOR people to hop on this Rockets bandwagon you speak of?
laugh.gif
tired.gif

As a Rockets fan here on NT, I know who roots for the Rockets. Ph3n3mon (sp?), buc, travfrancis03, Kadoma when he used to post, CSolida the admin who postsevery 3 years, rocketzballa23, anti theft, bonafide, durrty pancakes, etc etc. (sorry if I forgot to post you) Then there's T-Mac fans like One Trust andShuges.
pimp.gif
And I know my dude Mez One is a Rockets/T-Mac fan on the low.
pimp.gif

As for the streak, a lot of people were just appreciative on what the Rockets were doing.

Don't get it twisted though, there were people too questioning who they played, and easy schedule this, easy schedule that.

It's whatever.

Us Rockets fans BEEN here on NT though. A lot of us from the jump. A lot of us before you even got here.
indifferent.gif

You act like there's not a Rockets season thread, or we just all of a sudden popped up during the 22 game winning streak.
indifferent.gif

As for the whole T-Mac faking an injury thing, when it comes to the league, I'm with Charles on this. If a player says he's injured, we just have toassume dude is injured. No matter who it is. So
indifferent.gif
@ yourconspiracy theory T-Mac faking an injury

Bottomline, you don't know what you're talking about.

Word to whoever said you have no credibility.
laugh.gif

All I know is that after this season Bulls bandwagoners are going to be easy as hell to expose because I can name the entire NT Bulls fan base

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by Bastitch

You can tell people are n00bs to the NikeTalk Sports Forum when they say Warriors fans on NT are "bandwagoners".

We were strong on here when the Warriors sucked.

You can rationalize it any way you want. Back then, people said there were tons of Warriors fans on NT because there were a ton of NTers from the Bay Area. Now we're "bandwagoners".

Good call.

Come on dog, me and you probably about the same age and I've been to the Coliseum when the Warriors were garbage and the only reason the place was packed was because there were a ton of fans for the other guys. There was never any problem walking up to the ticket booth 5 minutes before the game and purchasing some tickets. Now you guys might not be bandwagoners, but there's a ton more "fans" now all of a sudden. And this is real life, which correlates with all the NT Warrior "fans."

I'll go ahead and extend the whole disloyalty thing to the entire Bay, it's downright pathetic. Now that the Niners suck no one goes to the games, and I guarantee people won't be going to AT&T when the Giants lose 100+ games. And while the A's and Raiders have a small pocket of loyalty, we all know how their attendance is. And to dude who said the Sharks are probably the least loyal, you trippin. Hockey fans are no joke, Sharks' fans included.

Unfortunately our area isn't that great with sports, yall might be too young to know this. We're too busy protesting torches and living in trees.

Uh No...I dont know what games youve been to but back then when the warriors sucked the arena was always almost near packed and a majority of people werewarriors fans. What games did u go to, the kings and lakers games? If so then I know why.
Of course theres a lot more "fans" now than before, people have caught a ride on the wagon...but still there were a lot of warriors fans, eventhrough the down years. They might not have shown it b/c a losing team isnt exciting, but people do still follow their team, maybe just not as close if theyarent doing good.
Niner games have no one attending? Why do you think they STILL televise their games on local t tv? The Raiders have a HUGE fanbase...are their gamestelevised locally? The Giants? Would you want to waste your money on a mediocre team? No, I would rather spend my money and time more wisely, but i'llstill follow the team. And the A's and Raiders fans are a different creature. Even when the A's were in the playoffs they couldnt sell out the upperlevel. Thats what you get when your team is located in the Alameda county area.
I think a bunch of u guys are getting loyalty and following their teams mixed up with people spending money on attending games.

if you only come on nt when your team is doing well, and disappear when they suck, or if you are on nt 24/7 and only post in threads when your team is doingwell, i consider you bandwagon.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

if you only come on nt when your team is doing well, and disappear when they suck, or if you are on nt 24/7 and only post in threads when your team is doing well, i consider you bandwagon.

dis man iz right. the internets is serious bizznass. whut chu do herre is what you is in real lyfe. word.

I've been around NT since 2000...and I'd say the biggest bandwagon fans on here have been for the Miami Heat and the New Orleans Hornets.

Warriors fans have been repping hard on this board for a long time so they don't belong in this discussion. But Heat and Hornets? Them N's popped upout of NOWHERE all of a sudden when they got good. And you HARDLY see any Heat fans posting these days. If you're a true fan you're there repping yourteam through the good and the bad.

Edit - I forgot about Nuggets fans
laugh.gif
Them N's arrived in DROVES whenthey drafted Carmelo.

I don't believe in that. I don't believe in somebody becoming a die hard fan of a team when someone drafts a player you like. Melo and Bron are twoguys I want to see excel in the NBA but you'll NEVER catch me saying "we" when I refer to the Cavs or the Nuggets on here. It's sickening.Half of the nuggets fans on this board have not been to the state of Colorado.

Yeah, Warriors fans have been here for awhile.

Word to SantaRosa and everybody calling Musselman, Musselhead.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

if you only come on nt when your team is doing well, and disappear when they suck, or if you are on nt 24/7 and only post in threads when your team is doing well, i consider you bandwagon.

thats the truth right here. if you don't want to be a bandwagoner don't do this stuff.

I hate Warriors fans. But not because they're bandwagoners or disloyal by any means. They're a loyal bunch if anything, sitting through 12-13 years ofrough patches.

And just because I can...
They're to basketball as the Yankees are to football....
... I did a double take.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

So just because they don't post on NT, they're bandwagon fans?

I didn't become a member of NT until April 2006. Does that mean that I've been a Warrior fan only since April 2006? No, I've been a fan of theWarriors since '97. Posting on NT has nothing to do with how long you've been a fan.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Uh No...I dont know what games youve been to but back then when the warriors sucked the arena was always almost near packed and a majority of people were warriors fans. What games did u go to, the kings and lakers games? If so then I know why.
Of course theres a lot more "fans" now than before, people have caught a ride on the wagon...but still there were a lot of warriors fans, even through the down years. They might not have shown it b/c a losing team isnt exciting, but people do still follow their team, maybe just not as close if they arent doing good.
Niner games have no one attending? Why do you think they STILL televise their games on local t tv? The Raiders have a HUGE fanbase...are their games televised locally? The Giants? Would you want to waste your money on a mediocre team? No, I would rather spend my money and time more wisely, but i'll still follow the team. And the A's and Raiders fans are a different creature. Even when the A's were in the playoffs they couldnt sell out the upper level. Thats what you get when your team is located in the Alameda county area.
I think a bunch of u guys are getting loyalty and following their teams mixed up with people spending money on attending games.
Yeah, this makes sense. I can't go to a lot of games just because financially, I'm handicapped. Does this mean that I'm any less of afan?

I swear, the logic of some NTers nowadays
smh.gif

And my hypothesis as to why you see "more fans" now: The population isn't the same now as it was in the 1990's. There are a lot more people.People grow up and become fans. Old fans never left, unless they really were bandwagon fans or... die. Combine the people growing up and becoming fans at afaster rate than people dying and bandwagoners leaving, it equals more fans.

Back
Top Bottom