What's your plan for the Concords?

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Be honest I copped a pair from flightclub for that 375, a pair from a reseller, and I have a pair on the way from my homie from Texas from his homie who works at HOH around Dallas. 
I went 0 for 4 on websites (NDC, Eastbay, Finishline, CT)....

NDC was all my fault, I was on the website for hours before 12, and I kept reloading, 12 came around and I kept reloading...45 minutes later I realize I should delete my cookies/browsing history and BAM there they were. Then I kept getting crapped out when trying to finalize the order, just kept deadin me....

Ah well, 2 pairs in hand, 1 pair on the way and I'll probably grab another. NDC WOULD'VE been an EASY cop had I grew a brain stem and deleted cookies on time....I don't know why I didn't remember to do that as I always remembered to in the past.

Just a tip for fellow NTers...
So four pairs, right?  Now what exactly is the point of having 4 pairs?  I could see if you were going to flip and make a profit but you said you bought them at high prices already....Not trying to flame or anything, but just really curious
2 pairs are gifts, one pair I'mma put on ice and the other I'mma rock. Normally I only get 2 pairs unless it's a particular pair I really like and I want 3 of. 

Yo, im working at a shiekh and from what the manager told me, everything went smoothly. It was well organized and people left with their stuff. End of story.

The somewhat crazy stuff happened the night before. People coming in asking for hook ups and !+#% like we're really hooking people up. This girl went up to my coworker offering a sexual favour in exchange for the shoes. Other people tried to brive *sp. Some of the offers were real good. 600 for a pair of concords isnt too bad, but they were right next to da cameras, so you cant really do anything withoit getting caught.

Some of these stories are rediculous tho. Gotta love america right?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

AhX_pqWCQAAB672.jpg

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Yo, im working at a shiekh and from what the manager told me, everything went smoothly. It was well organized and people left with their stuff. End of story.

The somewhat crazy stuff happened the night before. People coming in asking for hook ups and !+#% like we're really hooking people up. This girl went up to my coworker offering a sexual favour in exchange for the shoes. Other people tried to brive *sp. Some of the offers were real good. 600 for a pair of concords isnt too bad, but they were right next to da cameras, so you cant really do anything withoit getting caught.

Some of these stories are rediculous tho. Gotta love america right?
eek.gif
eek.gif
600... shhh I'm about to get fired then

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i remember during the 90s and early '00s when u could cop jordans even after relesase with no problems

those were the days
That store was getting more the following Thursday too...makes a huge difference
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by aznballa33

what the hell? what a waste
I'm almost positive this is a PS

I don't know, but I've seen this done to almost every major release shoe, this isn't the first time...
I don't know what kind of message this sends, that money, or those shoes, could have gone to some underprivileged kid who could have actually used them 
30t6p3b.gif

an underpriveledged child needs 200 dollar kicks? nah b.... i coulda been rockin those

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

And the same %%$$ happen at other events like black friday...

Exactly, it's ridiculous..
All over some material things.. This nation as a whole needs to do better. 
There were videos of the same black people doing the same #%#% on Black friday as well..

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

And the same %%$$ happen at other events like black friday...

There were videos of the same black people doing the same #%#% on Black friday as well..

Open ya eyes don't be a slave to the media
Only showing blacks is exactly what they feeding ya

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

This country has made us lose sight of the human condition and instead fend for self, pulling down everyone else who does not fit in our moral, political, or religious ideas. Education and professional aspirations have become tantamount to the golden rule which once draped upon its hallowed walls. In an effort to make something of ourselves we have to justify the wrongdoings of another. It's pretty despicable. I am just as guilty as the next man.

UHMERICA!
This is what makes us AMERICANS.  We are too free.  I'm not complaining.  I'm just saying we won't be where we are now if it weren't for this.  It's funny how you just noticed this now.  It has always been like this.  It just wasn't commercialized because of the internet.  It's always been like this, there's no damn way it's gonna change now and it will always be like this.

Well in my small town in indiana, Anderson to be exact, thats right the place where one of the TEEN MOM girls live.. no riot, no fights, I still missed the shoe, the store had 2 pairs of size 12... where they do that you ask? lol HERE... %%%.. And on top of that I had ordered a pair on finishline website, and they ended up cancelling my transaction, no shoes, and no money, because i have to wait for my 201, to get back in my account.. The demographic in this store was pretty much mixed crowd, of races and ages, so it was white and black, etc.

SALTY.

Will buy Size 12, for close to retail lol
smile.gif
oh and i want a size 12, laney XIV
smile.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

There really is no reason that classic J's can't constantly be in stock like AF1s and other popular shoes.

Hype kills.

JB/Nike as a company is killing my love for Air Jordan sneakers.

The reason that they don't constantly stock the shelves with classic J's is because they are trying to lure in an entire generation of consumers for the long run.  If J's were readily available, over time the allure of having Jordans would fade and the culture would die out. But with this manufactured hype due to the limited amount of shoes being released, the "need" to have the new Jordan and the "need" to be exclusive will always be there.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

There really is no reason that classic J's can't constantly be in stock like AF1s and other popular shoes.

Hype kills.

The reason that they don't constantly stock the shelves with classic J's is because they are trying to lure in an entire generation of consumers for the long run.  If J's were readily available, over time the allure of having Jordans would fade and the culture would die out. But with this manufactured hype due to the limited amount of shoes being released, the "need" to have the new Jordan and the "need" to be exclusive will always be there.

They did not need to make these damn Concords that limited though. I don't know how accurate that guy is in the video who said 30 pairs per store. But no doubt, they did not make enough to go around. Holiday season + the most coveted Air Jordan model ever. What demand do they have to create?

laugh.gif
  I didn't know it was like this.

This is why I just keep my %#! in General Forum.   It's been a long time since i cared for anything JB. 

Times changed I have a mortgage, and all kinds of other bills. 

But i respect your hustle if you got some concordes safely. 

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Hype kills.

They did not need to make these damn Concords that limited though. I don't know how accurate that guy is in the video who said 30 pairs per store. But no doubt, they did not make enough to go around. Holiday season + the most coveted Air Jordan model ever. What demand do they have to create?

I agree with you. They could have had 30 pairs available in each size at all locations and still sold out. But you wouldn't have had the hype, the chaos, and the news reports, and the manufactured "allure" of having the new Jordans. JB doesn't want everyone to have the shoes. If everyone has the shoes, the "need" to have them will fade. JB is trying instill the need to have the new air jordans in the next generation, all by creating this hype and not producing as many.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

So, were there any other reports of utter chaos in non-urban areas? 

Saying someone is a "slave to the media" isn't applicable here...that's what you WANT to believe.

[marlo] you want it to be one way, but it's the other way. [/marlo]

I agree with you. They could have had 30 pairs available in each size at all locations and still sold out. But you wouldn't have had the hype, the chaos, and the news reports, and the manufactured "allure" of having the new Jordans. JB doesn't want everyone to have the shoes. If everyone has the shoes, the "need" to have them will fade. JB is trying instill the need to have the new air jordans in the next generation, all by creating this hype and not producing as many.
They can do that with any other models that are not as popular. I'm saying with this one in particular, they should have made more and the hype will still be there. *shrugs* I remember with the Aqua 8's, the supply and demand matched up pretty well for some reason, but not sure if they produced more of those.

I got two pairs for myself and a pair for each of my daughters. This was an eventful release that exposed people for who they really are. I'm glad to see most of you were able to get them without losing your lives. For those of you that missed them, GL with the search.

That Christmas tree pic is beautiful
pimp.gif

I don't agree with that premise at all.

Plenty of people wanted these that stood out in the cold for ours and still were left out.

If the demand is substantially higher than the supply then why not try to balance it out a bit more.

I estimate about <10% of the people who were at my mall last night got the Concords. The other 90% had that same $180 in their pocket ready to buy.
That's money missed out on by Nike/FTL/FNL/JB.

..IMO

They can do that with any other models that are not as popular. I'm saying with this one in particular, they should have made more and the hype will still be there. *shrugs* I remember with the Aqua 8's, the supply and demand matched up pretty well for some reason, but not sure if they produced more of those.

You're not lying about the aquas.. they even made it into outlets back in the day for $100

Crazy how they are going for 350-400 these days
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

You're not lying about the aquas.. they even made it into outlets back in the day for $100

Crazy how they are going for 350-400 these days
30t6p3b.gif

Word? I didn't know some made it to clearance. But it seemed like most people who wanted them, were able to get them with reasonable effort at retail. BTW, Aquas> Concords any day.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom