What's your plan for the Concords?

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Y'all fools just sound shook cause these shoes brought out the inner city folk...mogs be acting just as stupid during black Friday and some electronic releases..some of y'all need to just be honest w/ ya selfs and say you're scared of certain blacks and Latinos..
laugh.gif

This release DID bring  out the *#*++%# and criminal population of blacks and Latinos though. Pointing this out isn't racist, it's the truth. Just like how Black Friday brings out the redneck white trash in full force (weren't dudes fighting each other for Tickle Me Elmos a few years back?). All three racial groups have these scumbags.

It's all changing.

The allure as a child was having the same shoes as your friends or classmates and creating memories in those.. Now kids want to be unique and different and have that "rare" limited item that no one else has...

The destruction of what it was to be a child is lost

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Exactly, it's ridiculous..
All over some material things.. This nation as a whole needs to do better. 
There were videos of the same black people doing the same #%#% on Black friday as well..

Open ya eyes don't be a slave to the media
Only showing blacks is exactly what they feeding ya
indifferent.gif

lets compare jordan releases to apple releases
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WaitWut

DT43 wrote:

There were videos of the same black people doing the same #%#% on Black friday as well..

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

These releases don't even compare,

More mature people in the Apple releases, Less kids and way less people from the hood.

I remember when my parents went to the 4S release, they had no problem with the people there, AT&T was even giving free donuts and coffee. Some people that didn't get the phone just left peacefully and cool about it.

I couldn't see that happening in a JB release.

Originally Posted by JD214

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

More mature people in the Apple releases, Less kids and way less people from the hood.

I remember when my parents went to the 4S release, they had no problem with the people there, AT&T was even giving free donuts and coffee. Some people that didn't get the phone just left peacefully and cool about it.

If retailers were restocking Concords throughout the year then your logic would make sense. ANY Apple that is announced as a "get it now, its not coming back" product will cause bloodshed, period.

Edit - I just reread that %$!$. The people that left peacefully knew that they could wait a few days to come back for another chance
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DJ236

I don't agree with that premise at all.

Plenty of people wanted these that stood out in the cold for ours and still were left out.

If the demand is substantially higher than the supply then why not try to balance it out a bit more.

I estimate about <10% of the people who were at my mall last night got the Concords. The other 90% had that same $180 in their pocket ready to buy.
That's money missed out on by Nike/FTL/FNL/JB.

..IMO

The XI releases arent really even about the money they make from the XI to Nike/JB.  Sure they could make tons more and sell them out instantly. Also Nike did make more of the Concord XI then any other Retro of the past few years, its just that the demand is so insanely high. What its about its using the draw and scarcity of the XI to create the hype and prestige for the rest of the brand.  All those people who went home empty handed without the XI will be lining up for the next meaningless "limited" JB release is what Nike is thinking.
Nike makes millions and millions of the XI, but in the greater picture it only enhances the brand and makes it more of a luxury brand overall so it can charge premium prices for all of the other shoes and gear it sells. The big picture is more important to Nike/JB then just selling a few hundred thousand more pairs a year of the XI

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

get money boyz
pimp.gif
THIS IS A BAD REPRESENTATION OF HOUSTON. DUDES AINT EVEN FROM HOUSTON.�
Wouldn't be surprised if these were the N.O. transplants.
[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
tim teufel[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 12/24/111:43 AM
[/td][td]
So many racist people going at black folks with all these videos popping up smh
[/td][/tr][/table]

You expected anything different? Vids like those are a haven for the "I'm not racist, but..." crowd to expose their real feelings.

....didnt JB make an attempt to curb this behavior a few years ago when they released a retro 15 blk/red for preorder on jumpman23.com? wasnt that supposed to be a test run for future retro releases?

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Originally Posted by DJ236

I don't agree with that premise at all.

Plenty of people wanted these that stood out in the cold for ours and still were left out.

If the demand is substantially higher than the supply then why not try to balance it out a bit more.

I estimate about <10% of the people who were at my mall last night got the Concords. The other 90% had that same $180 in their pocket ready to buy.
That's money missed out on by Nike/FTL/FNL/JB.

..IMO

The XI releases arent really even about the money they make from the XI to Nike/JB.  Sure they could make tons more and sell them out instantly. Also Nike did make more of the Concord XI then any other Retro of the past few years, its just that the demand is so insanely high. What its about its using the draw and scarcity of the XI to create the hype and prestige for the rest of the brand.  All those people who went home empty handed without the XI will be lining up for the next meaningless "limited" JB release is what Nike is thinking.
Nike makes millions and millions of the XI, but in the greater picture it only enhances the brand and makes it more of a luxury brand overall so it can charge premium prices for all of the other shoes and gear it sells. The big picture is more important to Nike/JB then just selling a few hundred thousand more pairs a year of the XI

This is the EXACT point I was trying to make. Thank you

Originally Posted by JD214

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I agree the releases don't compare, Apple creates hundreds of thousands of iphones. To me, waiting in line for a phone or a game, which has a never ending restock, makes less sense then waiting for sneakers, that has a finite amount of stock. The people that left happily about not getting their iphone did so because they know it will eventually restock and be replaced by another iphone.

Everybody wants to play "superior minority" because they didn't go after the sneakers, where is all of this "we have to do better" when it's a real issue?(Coming from someone who didn't want/buy the concord 11's?

Back
Top Bottom