WHAT'S MORE IMPRESSIVE LeBRON'S 52/TRIPLE DOUBLE OR KOBE'S 61 @ MSG

lmao ... people are actually debating this? i dont even understand how you can say kpbes performance was better, he did nothing but score ...
lebron dropped a 50 point triple double AFTER everyone was hyping kobes 61 and AFTER everyone was waiting for an encore ...

52 11 10 > 61 0 3

Originally Posted by enrique23

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Just got in from the game...and honestly...the array of shots kobe took were more impressive....but both games were great

sure kobe took more difficult shots. props.

but at the end, 52 10 11 2 >

in the end:
having set a new record in MSG >>>> triple double in MSG
its that simple
LOL. this dude keeps going at it

lbjvskobeda9.jpg

this looks simple.

next.

Originally Posted by belle155

Just got in from the game...and honestly...the array of shots kobe took were more impressive....but both games were great

in the end:
its that simple

it wasnt 10/10/10

he dropped 50 in addition to 11/10. If you didnt read already, now Bron and MJ are the only 2 players in HISTORY to drop 50 MULTIPLE times in that arena. doesnt that count for something. if im reading that right, kobe only scored more than 50 once.

brons 2 50+ games > kobes 1 50+ game ?

its not the double nickel, brons got the double 50+

this can be argued about forever, lock it and go to bed NT

What type of logic??? You probably said Kobe had a 50+ night against Toronto...
indifferent.gif

*ignored

Originally Posted by belle155

in the end:
its that simple

it wasnt 10/10/10

he dropped 50 in addition to 11/10. If you didnt read already, now Bron and MJ are the only 2 players in HISTORY to drop 50 MULTIPLE times in that arena. doesnt that count for something. if im reading that right, kobe only scored more than 50 once.

brons 2 50+ games > kobes 1 50+ game ?

its not the double nickel, brons got the double 50+

this can be argued about forever, lock it and go to bed NT

tell me what people 25 years from now will remember? that only lebron and jordan had multiple 50 point games or that kobe broke jordans record and set his own?

oh and btw, BOSTON vs. LAKERS in june

we both know that once they shut down lebron, its a wrap

they have better players at every position aside from lebron

so now its about scoring more than 50 points multiple times? as far as Kobe vs Lebron goes, i don't think you want to go there.

for the record, i think Lebron's performance was better... i dont know what you meant by referencing the double-nickel in your post, though. if you weresomehow trying to compare Lebron's performance to the double nickel, then yeah you really do need to go to bed.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

*ignored
laugh.gif
yo for real I think I OD on thisfeature, I must have like 40+ people on ignore
everytime I click a thread at least 4 are minimized
laugh.gif
mostly in the S&T forum too

and for the people who keep bringing up kobes minutes being the reason his game wasnt more impressive... he played 36 minutes and took 31 shots and 20 freethrows.

Now you do the math

Originally Posted by siramazing

and for the people who keep bringing up kobes minutes being the reason his game wasnt more impressive... he played 36 minutes and took 31 shots and 20 free throws.

Now you do the math

[table][tr][td]L. James[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]44:03[/td] [td]17-33[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [td]16-19[/td] [td]+7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]52[/td] [/tr][/table]

What's your point? They had similar shooting & FT #'s with Kobe crafting his performance in 8 less minutes...

MY TEAMS IN ORDER.
NBA: MAGIC, CAVS-NFL:RAIDERS,FALCONS-MLB:WHITESOX,MARINERS, UNC B-BALL, PSU FOOTBALL

I see why I dont take dudes serious who have 2 teams in each sport...
indifferent.gif

they were both great......

Kobe getting MVP chants at Toronto, Atlanta, BOSTON and now New York>>>>>> both their performances

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

they were both great......

Kobe getting MVP chants at Toronto, Atlanta, BOSTON and now New York>>>>>> both their performances
best thing ive read all night

I'm a Big Kobe fan...

But Bron's 52, 11 & 10 is simply amazing!

Both feats are remarkable though by arguably the best player/s on the planet.

Too bad some cant just enjoy both displays of talent. You had the most skilled player's scoring outburst two days ago and the best player in the NBA withthe incredible triple double. For a guy like Kobe at 31 to still be so effective a scorer and player after 13 season is incredible. For a guy with suchphysical gifts as Lebron to score 52 in a triple double while still not a polished player is incredible.
Some should really learn to appreciate both gifts.

Appreciating both gifts just praising better performance. not a bad idea

then why were you bringing up kobe getting 0 rebounds all throughout the knicks vs lakers post after kobe's performance. You weren't appreciating hisperformance, you were trying to find something negative to downgrade his game.

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

is 61>52? cus my math is horrible
is 10 rebounds 11 assists > 0 rebounds 3 assists? Because my Math may be horrible
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and lets just say those 11 assists were all on 2 pt fgs, then lebron would have been responsible for another 22 points for the cavs plus the fact he scored 52points

Lebron's perfomance against the sissy cream puff Knicks tonight proved that my argument in the Kobe 61 thread is right - he is absolutely the best OVERALLplayer in the NBA right now. No question. Kobe is the better scorer, is much more refined offensively and is a better outside shooter...but Lebron is betteroverall when it comes to getting your teammates involved and rebounding. It's always been natural to Lebron, where Kobe at that age had a shoot-firstmentality. Honestly, if Kobe had the same floor game as Lebron he should've averaged a triple-double playing with Shaq in the early 2000s. But he just HADto prove he was the next Jordan. If Lebron got to play with a young Shaq and had the luxury of defenses being unable to double-team him, he'd EASILYaverage 20 ppg, 10 rebounds, and 15+ assists. Lebron wouldn't feel the need to score 30+ ppg, and they'd win 70 games. Yeah Kobe's floor game isgreat now...but it took him until the age of 29-30 to really trust his teammates and let things flow out of the triangle offense. There IS a reason PhilJackson already retired from the Lakers once...he couldn't stand Kobe's selfishness back then, and that's why the Lakers lost to the fluke Pistonseven though they had 4 hall of famers.

I still enjoyed Kobe's 61 pt perfomance more from a style standpoint, because he consciously emulates Jordan. But having a triple-double with 52 points isultimately more impressive...it hasn't been done since Kareem did it when I was a friggin infant. MJ's double-nickel is still my favorite though.

This Sunday is gonna be the best show on earth...I hope Kobe doesn't get some freak injury in the 1st quarter.

Originally Posted by solefob

Appreciating both gifts just praising better performance. not a bad idea

then why were you bringing up kobe getting 0 rebounds all throughout the knicks vs lakers post after kobe's performance. You weren't appreciating his performance, you were trying to find something negative to downgrade his game.
i'm trying to figure out which one was a better performance.
cuz i'm trying to praise the better performance. no?

they were both good, both did what you expected them to do... kobe dominating strictly by scoring on a high percentage and with perfect free throws and lebron,by being the all round beast we know he is, both were great! its just preference which player you like better. if your a kobe fan youre gonna say kobe. if yourlebron you say the triple.

imo, the triple doube is better, but if i was a player i would rather have the scoring record...

lebron is a beast... it pains me to admit it, but damn lol.... monster stat line, im sure if he wanted he could of had like 70,12,15 but they may have lost..and im sure at the pace kobe was going the other night he could of broken 81 but pau scored like 34, had kobe kept on chuckin maybe, but im sure they would oflost...

Back
Top Bottom