What was your starting salary like STRAIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE?

$34k for a lab position
frown.gif

just finished up my freshman year.... Someone tell me whats some good directions to go? lol

also im undeclared

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

I'm not sure what type of engineering my cousin did but he did get a 60k per year job at some company in anahiem straight out of college. He told me he did a lot of troubleshooting for the company if that helps.

Dude graduated from csu long beach.
Yea 60k for an engineer fresh out of school in california definitely isn't unheard of but EC isprobably the lowest paying engineering major on average. You'd still get out making more than most though.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Graduated B.S. Biology, 07
Worked as a Lab technician for NYIT for 30,000 (Long Island)
Part-time research on a 3,000 stipend
Quit job went back to school
Graduated M.S. in Biomedical sciences, 09
M.D. Pending
Will be making 350, 000+ when I graduate hopefully

eek.gif

Pea coats for days.
roll.gif
roll.gif

was in school for photography art institute of Atlanta. lot of bs going on stopped going. now got my cdl and im averaging 2800 a week but im hardly ever home. get to do a lot of free traveling across the country too.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by allout46

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

With this practicum I have lined up for next year I'm hoping to to get a job as a social worker with a starting salary of $65K. BTW the job max's out at $95K. OWWWWWW

grin.gif
doubt this will be occuring for you unless you have a phd
yeah, saw that too like hmm...

Thats the difference between working for a non profit and the government. I would post the job postings but its not that serious. EDIT: Heres the link. Keep inmind that that I will be starting with a MSW and potentially 2 years of experience working for the VA.http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/search...d=3876&ss=0&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&q=social+worker

Originally Posted by Dollaman11

i didnt go to college but my salary out of highschool (grad 07) was 50 k..its almost doubled now. got into a trade young and the market where im at is booming for hardwood and tile installers. i didnt do well at school, but i defs wouldve liked to go to university
So did you go to an apprenticeship program?

Graduated May 08 with a B.S. Chemistry from University of Rhode Island
Received a couple job offer starting around 50k but didn't take either
Now back in school completing my M.S. in Chemical Engineering in May 2010
From the offers I seen and received, lowest starting with a M.S. in Chemical Engineering is about 78k
If anyone is looking for a good engineering discipline to pursue..Chemical Engineers hands down makes the most...60K is starting with a B.S. degree
Also if you have the time...get a advanced degree..MS,PHD,MBA..it will pay off in the long run

^^ thanks. Im thinking of majoring in that. my cousin was getting offers for 50 in charlotte with his degree from suffolk university. he now owns his ownbuisness or somthing im not sure, he's really secretive, i just know he's ballin.

my dudes with degrees in CS or IT, do you guys have any certifications? Like Cisco's CCNA or Microsoft's MCITP?

this is what i never understood...and this doesnt apply to all but...

i gotta friend who went to school for like 6yrs...
graduated and now makes like 35k and will probably top out at
45k a yr....

i found a gig and ran with it and was making that while he was in school...
i mean... whats the deal?

so Im basically gunning for the very top positions (CEO and such) where Ill eventually be making 500k to a million a year

Im thinking about majoring in business administration or international business with a finance minor, or something like that. I really dont know what to dothough because nobody in my family has ever gotten a proper education (apart from my mother as a nurse in denmark) so Im kind of lost. Anybody have any insighton what sort of education I should pursue?

I know for a fact I want to be in business, but its such a broad category, preferably end up travelling a lot and such.

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

45k a yr....

Some people desire education and don't really care for money that much, ya know..

Diploma in Dental Hygiene
University of Manitoba 2007
5 week stint in Yukon, Canada
Currently Alberta, Canada
Registered Dental Hygienist

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

45k a yr....

Some people desire education and don't really care for money that much, ya know..

blows my mind...

im reading these posts of cats having these VERY degrees...

Business management
and you making less than 50k? man you should've been working...

Graduated at CSUF B.S. Biochem '04

Worked as a pharmacy technician (Irvine/Anaheim)

Graduated at UCI School of Medicine c/o '08

Currently completing residency

Making a lousy 60k a year (I work 60+ hours a week at times)

In 3-5 years I'll be making anywhere from 300-500k.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

so Im basically gunning for the very top positions (CEO and such) where Ill eventually be making 500k to a million a year

Im thinking about majoring in business administration or international business with a finance minor, or something like that. I really dont know what to do though because nobody in my family has ever gotten a proper education (apart from my mother as a nurse in denmark) so Im kind of lost. Anybody have any insight on what sort of education I should pursue?

I know for a fact I want to be in business, but its such a broad category, preferably end up travelling a lot and such.
Sounds exactly like what I need to know.

OR, whats it take to be a pharmacist? Good schools? Workload out of college?

OH @$#+ I MEANT TO SAY MAJOR IN FINANCE NOT ACCOUNTING.
anyone else w/info
smile.gif
i think it would be about the same though

Back
Top Bottom