What was your starting salary like STRAIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE?

not graduating yet.. Jan '10 i'll have my BS in CS, though job markets not good good couple of my friends are only getting salary offers of around 40kwhen just 2 years ago, it was about 60k

Originally Posted by omgitswes

waiting on some electrical engineers to come in here so I can see what I might be looking at hopefully 60k to start.....
I would like to know too , im way late but thinking of starting school trying tgo get there

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Graduated B.S. Biology, 07
Worked as a Lab technician for NYIT for 30,000 (Long Island)
Part-time research on a 3,000 stipend
Quit job went back to school
Graduated M.S. in Biomedical sciences, 09
M.D. Pending
Will be making 350, 000+ when I graduate hopefully

eek.gif

Pea coats for days.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Graduated B.S. Biology, 07
Worked as a Lab technician for NYIT for 30,000 (Long Island)
Part-time research on a 3,000 stipend
Quit job went back to school
Graduated M.S. in Biomedical sciences, 09
M.D. Pending
Will be making 350, 000+ when I graduate hopefully

eek.gif

Pea coats for days.
roll.gif
roll.gif

GRaduated spring 08
working TV production (ABC News) Part-Time
made about 33,000 last year
Still looking for that full-time gig

Originally Posted by krazy88s

GRaduated spring 08
What was your major?

During school I was making 24k working at the post office
Just graduated with a degree in Computer Information Systems this past May and currently
nerd.gif
ing

Originally Posted by treewing

Originally Posted by krazy88s

GRaduated spring 08
What was your major?

Forgot that. It was Sociology and Comm.

BS in Bio May of 08
Flopped on the DAT
Now working as Sys Admin @65k
DC Metro

side note, I worked at the helpdesk in college because it was so easy it was like free money. Now I get paid to do the same things........sometimesless
eyes.gif
. I also took VB and C so I can read codes...........

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

hi

& what is your major + year graduated + location + title of first job
Hai. Would you like my SSN and maiden name too? You over-inquisitive stalkerish son of a
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif

I'm a student. You know where to find me.

wow those are all valid questions for this thread, I hope you were joking or have prior issues with op

lol... good point. the mods may not realize that i'm only joking. flanders should know what's up, though.

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
%+$+ you wally
tongue.gif

Spoiler [+]
i already know your SSN and personal info

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

With this practicum I have lined up for next year I'm hoping to to get a job as a social worker with a starting salary of $65K. BTW the job max's out at $95K. OWWWWWW

grin.gif
doubt thiswill be occuring for you unless you have a phd

Originally Posted by TD The God

40K, U of New Hampshire, Mech Engineering - 2004, Worked for a Engineering Consulting firm as a Purchaser
damn arent engineers supposed to be one of the highest if not the highest out of undergrad ? I'm glad I'm doing CE Ive been hearing ME ishurtin especially with all the auto field problems at least.

smh.gif
at me not jumping into pharmacy... my boy graduates next year with 90k almost guaranteed...

Originally Posted by CJ863

smh.gif
at me not jumping into pharmacy... my boy graduates next year with 90k almost guaranteed...

I feel you man, I would had gone that route if I would put more time into studying rather than partying.

Originally Posted by allout46

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

With this practicum I have lined up for next year I'm hoping to to get a job as a social worker with a starting salary of $65K. BTW the job max's out at $95K. OWWWWWW

grin.gif
doubt this will be occuring for you unless you have a phd
yeah, saw that too like hmm...

econ binghamton university 2006 started off with just under 40k- i do sales operations

looking for a new job and to get my MBA

Man I got about 57 credits at a 4 year university and my current major is Speech Communications...whats the job market and average salary for that?Beenthinking about switching it up but idk what to. They say do what you love and i understand that, but in the end i wana be able to make alot of money doing it.

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Originally Posted by omgitswes

waiting on some electrical engineers to come in here so I can see what I might be looking at hopefully 60k to start.....
I would like to know too , im way late but thinking of starting school trying tgo get there
Not an electrical engineer but my friend is and he's graduating in a week. I know where I'm at (Los Angeles) there's a huge marketfor it and dudes in his graduating class had no trouble finding work. He got a really good gig with Chevron, looking at 45k straight out of school which isgreat, even for LA. I don't know about 60k though, good luck.

I'm not sure what type of engineering my cousin did but he did get a 60k per year job at some company in anahiem straight out of college. He told me he dida lot of troubleshooting for the company if that helps.

Dude graduated from csu long beach.

BA in Economics, just graduated a week ago, and yesterday accepted a job with Teach For America in Philly, making about $41,000 a year.

I remember when I was a little kid, my dad was telling me by the time I was graduating college, I'd be able to get a 100k job.... Damn.

pharmacist, graduated 2 years ago. started at over 6 figures. had a few raises since then. bonus next week.

Back
Top Bottom