What was your starting salary like STRAIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE?

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Man 40K will be nice

even though it's nothing to most.... I would be balling in my mind lol

Cosine, three years to go for me..smh

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Finished with my degree in Business Administration - Marketing

Alberta, Canada.

I came out into about $32,000/year. That was 3 years ago.
how is marketing. i was thinking about that or management.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

hi

& what is your major + year graduated + location + title of first job
Hai. Would you like my SSN and maiden name too? You over-inquisitive stalkerish son of a
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif

I'm a student. You know where to find me.

wow those are all valid questions for thisthread, I hope you were joking or have prior issues with op

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

BA in Business Economics
Market Research Analyst
$45,000
Orange County, CA

what school did you go to if you don't mind me asking?? planning to be a business economics major myself

graduated in 2000 with a degree in Music Education.
started with HP in Dallas making less than $30,000/yr.

got a job with Seagate in Oklahoma City making more now.

If I get this job I'll be making $42K/year.....oh I graduated 2 weeks ago with a BIS in Elem Ed.

process... who do you work for now?
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Not for who everyone keeps PM'ing me about...

how is marketing. i was thinking about that or management.
I would personally go management now, if I could. My best friend took the same program I did, but it took him forever to find a job.

My job was one the evolved from a college job. I am now an inventory integrity manager/associate buyer, which is alot more the management route.

Econ 2006 from NU, NYC, Analyst, my official salary is $63k, but I've made a lot from bonus money.

2009 grads, get ready for a lower starting salary than the ppl before us........... companies have the hiring power now

made 65k when I failed out.

my dude makes $135 by playing golf with the right person (he went to college but they didnt ask)

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

hi

& what is your major + year graduated + location + title of first job
Hai. Would you like my SSN and maiden name too? You over-inquisitive stalkerish son of a
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif

I'm a student. You know where to find me.

wow those are all valid questions for this thread, I hope you were joking or have prior issues with op

lol... good point. the mods may not realize that i'm only joking. flanders should know what's up, though.

Graduated with a degree in Business Administration and not at all using it. So much can be done with a business degree and I can't pinpoint one area Iwould enjoy doing for a career.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Graduated B.S. Biology, 07
Worked as a Lab technician for NYIT for 30,000 (Long Island)
Part-time research on a 3,000 stipend
Quit job went back to school
Graduated M.S. in Biomedical sciences, 09
M.D. Pending
Will be making 350, 000+ when I graduate hopefully
I'm about 5mins away from NYIT, I'm getting my B.S. in Bio in 2 years. I wouldn't mind taking some time off to work. How would I goabout getting the job as a Lab Tech.?

waiting on some electrical engineers to come in here so I can see what I might be looking at hopefully 60k to start.....

40K, U of New Hampshire, Mech Engineering - 2004, Worked for a Engineering Consulting firm as aPurchaser

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey
I'm about 5mins away from NYIT, I'm getting my B.S. in Bio in 2 years. I wouldn't mind taking some time off to work. How would I go about getting the job as a Lab Tech.?
My step-dad is friends with the school Dean and he hooked up me. You should check out monster.com or any of those other job websites. Or just gothe lab departments in colleges near u (eg. LIU) and ask around for open positions.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Graduated with a degree in Business Administration and not at all using it. So much can be done with a business degree and I can't pinpoint one area I would enjoy doing for a career.
smh.gif
Just find you a good paying desk job. I got a BS in Business Management and working on my MBA now, I really don't care what I'm doing aslong as it pays well and doesn't add stress to my life.

Business being so broad FTW

Dec 2005 graduate
Started work Jan 2006
Degree - Business Admin: Accounting
Degree - Business Admin: Finance

Starting salary: $44k + OT money

Job: Staff accountant

Graduated with a BA in Psychology a few years ago
First job was a Social Worker for MHRA in NY
Starting Salary was $34K

Now I have my own business because I hate social work.

i didnt go to college but my salary out of highschool (grad 07) was 50 k..its almost doubled now. got into a trade young and the market where im at is boomingfor hardwood and tile installers. i didnt do well at school, but i defs wouldve liked to go to university

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

^^my job is doing market research. What type of research does your company do?
this was my first job out of college. I was responsible for internal and external analysis of sales, competitors, trends, industry news, new areas of opportunity, etc.

this was a photo equipment manufacturer
Oh ok, just asking. I just started as a market researcher a few months ago. The company I work for focuses mainly on the Industrial market.

Back
Top Bottom