!!!! What the hell did Kanye West just do!!!?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

here you go NT.

article-0-066B8826000005DC-621_468x719.jpg
Is that a peachfuzz on B's legs?

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Shut up already. Holy %#%+. Dumbest argument I've ever seen. If you're older than 13 you should be embarrassed.

dumbest argument ever? and you felt the need to acknowledge it, huh?
what does that say about you?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Yeah nah he probably wouldn't have done that to Pink
Pink would've punched him in the face and proceeded to curse him out with the little time she had left until they cut her mic off
laugh.gif

Like ppl have to ask themselves with everyone else who was nominated if it was anyone but Taylor Swift would Kanye have done that?
imagine if kanye wouldve pulled that stunt at a source hip hop awards back in the days
dude would be spitting through the wire for the next several yrs

hiphopmediatraining-17155512-1252899830.jpg%3Fym3_04BD16PIl9r3

This reminded me of when 50 Cent walked across the stage at the Grammys few years back when Evanescence beat him out for best new artist or something..

smh.gif
at both instances..

Originally Posted by JD617

Shut up already. Holy %#%+. Dumbest argument I've ever seen. If you're older than 13 you should be embarrassed.

dumbest argument ever? and you felt the need to acknowledge it, huh?
what does that say about you?
grin.gif

Umm...it says that I don't like to read dumb arguments?

*ignored*

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

This reminded me of when 50 Cent walked across the stage at the Grammys few years back when Evanescence beat him out for best new artist or something..

YOUTUBE VID?CLIP????

hiphopmediatraining-17155512-1252899830.jpg%3Fym3_04BD16PIl9r3

smh.gif
at both instances..
the only difference is that they beat 50.

taylor beat beyonce.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Kanye is like Kevin Garnett only picks on ppl he thinks he can defeat
QFT.
yup

there are certain artists that would have punched kanye in the back of the head as he was speaking if he took the mic from them like that.

Originally Posted by shaolin

YOUTUBE VID?CLIP????
Yea what you mean walked across the stage? Like in front of them during their speech or behind them like he thought he was about to win or did heget up from his seat and walk across the stage?
laugh.gif

shaolin wrote:
Av1r3x wrote:

YOUTUBE VID?CLIP????

i hated their hit song back in day
mad.gif

but anyways..

so 50 just walked across the stage? I guess he took the long path to leave?

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Wow. So after watching the video of Kanye's interruption, I will say this. Kanye is a reason why many people still use derogatory terms towards people of color. I don't care about country music or Taylor Swift but the girl has probably been working her entire LIFE for a moment like that and it gets ruined by this clown. Newsflash, Kanye. The majority of people that support you and buy your product are White. You lost fans and yes...$

Way to literally ruin your career...
Kanye is not a reason, people who use that derogatory term are gonna use that derogatory term. The people who draw for that term are the same people that are gonna use it for the nice black kid that helped them with the groceries. It pisses me off that anything a black man does weighs on the entire black population as opposed to just that man.

This

Here's the thing; in art there are certain people who are Spectacles and there are other people who are Events.

A Spectacle is someone who only does negative things on a grand scale and gets everyone hot under the collar and hooting and hollering for a few days until wemove on. It can't be maintained because it needs to constantly produce itself and it becomes increasingly tiresome for people to watch it.

People who are Events are the ones who can get on stage and do amazingly incredible things with and for their art that make people go "Holy #!!% that was+%!*@@! awesome" and it stays in your mind for the rest of your life and its beautiful. These are the people that you know are always going to be aroundfor a long time because they don't always have to preform at that level but those moments remind you that they're coming from a place of beauty andlove and that potential will always put them a cut above everyone else.

Kanye is one of the few people who straddles the line between the two. #!!% like this is a Spectacle, its something you'd expect from 50 Cent or CourtneyLove. When he does stuff like the Glow In The Dark Tour or his Grammy tribute to his mother that is him being an Event, those are the moments that make yourealize he truly is an enormous talent in very real ways.

But I fear that the more Spectacle we see from him the less and less we're going to be willing to see the Event.

Bowzer Blitz wrote:

laugh.gif
@ The blacks on this board caring how white people view us...they don't care how we look @ them so why is this an issue? SMH @ some of you for real.

roll.gif
roll.gif
seriously as if white people give a damn what blacks think about them sometimesit seems like were back in 1960's when ninjas would get lynched just for looking at a white woman the wrong way

these ninjas on here trippin

I dont think KANYE SHOULD HAVE DONE WHAT HE DID BUT I AINT MAD AT HIM DUDE TOLD THE TRUTH AINT NOBODY BUT LITTLE WHITE GIRLS IN THE SUBURBS GONNA BUY TAYLORSWIFT WACK ALBUM LIKE I SAID BEFORE WHITE ARTISTS GET AWAY WITH BEING WACK (BECAUSE THEY ALMOST ALWAYS HAVE A LARGER FANBASE DUE TOP THEM BEING WHITE) THEN UGOT A MILLION OF LAME WHITE SUBURBAN KIDS WHO CAN RELEATE TO THEIR WACK MUSIC

Back
Top Bottom