What streetwear company was bigger than Ecko in its prime?

Complex needs to make a list that showcases da

ENTIRE OG marvel line from ecko...there was so

Much i cant begin to remember 1/2 of it.

Hell i think marvel started to drop their own line of

Tees because ecko made em so hot.
you know a list will pop up by the end of the week no credit to niketalk tho

Was Ecko big? I never really knew people in the hood who wore it. I always thought it was for kids in the suburbs who wanted to play b-boy. I thought LRG was the same way. I mean I saw it here and there. I remember I got a Echo shirt when it was still Echo, because it had an ill design on it. Echo was nothing then, and I got it for the design.

Karl Kani and FUBU were far bigger. Karl Kani and Cross Coulours were basically the fathers of the whole movement.

I never wore any of that either. I was wearing Guess and Polo back then, with a small amount of Tommy and Nautica mixed in

Complex needs to make a list that showcases da

ENTIRE OG marvel line from ecko...there was so

Much i cant begin to remember 1/2 of it.

Hell i think marvel started to drop their own line of

Tees because ecko made em so hot.
you know a list will pop up by the end of the week no credit to niketalk tho
laugh.gif

Urban Brands:
LRG
Ecko
South Pole
Fubu
Sean John
Rocawear
Akademics
en-y-ce
Triple-5-Soul

Street wear Brands:
Diamond
The Hundreds
Stussy
Crooks & Castles
10 Deep
Supreme

i agree with this except for LRG

i feel that one should be under street wear...

but there is def a different between the two

Exactly. Was never hot like that here in Houston. Roc, Sean John, Akademiks, LRG all >>>>>>>>> Ecko by a long shot

because its houston

they're usually late on things..

especially back then i would think

no shots, since i live in houston now

when i moved here in 06 it was extremely rare to see anyone even wearing streetwear (not saying no one did obviously some did PG, SF2)

i wore STF 501's and dudes clowned me for wearing "skinny jeans" :lol:

but i think the only reason why alot of these citys nowadays stay up on things now is all due to the internet

Last edited:
Everytime I go to Houston and Dallas yall ****** still deep in the mall with Karl Kani, Coogi, Girbaud, and those extra hard creased *** jeans that was hot when I was in high school over a decade ago

Urban Brands:
LRG
Ecko
South Pole
Fubu
Sean John
Rocawear
Akademics
en-y-ce
Triple-5-Soul

Street wear Brands:
Diamond
The Hundreds
Stussy
Crooks & Castles
10 Deep
Supreme

i agree with this except for LRG

i feel that one should be under street wear...

but there is def a different between the two

Bobby Hundreds excluded LRG from his list of top street wear brands, he said it would be #1 under urban though. But Jonas (R.I.P.) always said he hated that word.

Everytime I go to Houston and Dallas yall ****** still deep in the mall with Karl Kani, Coogi, Girbaud, and those extra hard creased *** jeans that was hot when I was in high school over a decade ago

im saying bruhh...

go to greenspoint or sharpstown mall and you'll see N's still wearing all that :lol:

Last edited:

usually older hood cats, typa cats hanging outside of a gas station type cats

most cats wearing 501's, jordans and nike text shirts which is no better but in houston there are plenty cats fully in the know and the rest fully don't care

View media item 580507

This right here is how every single dude in the DMV dressed when I was in high school including me (these pics are not me):

View media item 580510
View media item 580511
I can guaruntee you the dudes in these pics were either wearing Nike ACG Boots, New Balance 991's/992's, Foamposites, or Jordans.

:pimp: either that or a Luxe-T : hat :pimp: :pimp:

LRG>

in its prime

but ecko did have a pretty good run too

nothing flyer then some faded denim shorts (enyce, rocawear, ecko, etc)

some fresh white forces (lows)

and a fresh white pro club, pro 5, or shaka back in the early 00's

:smokin

:lol:

LRG in its prime couldn't be ****** with :pimp:

Jonas and his team had the recipe for success. Don't act like They ain't have damn near EVERY knockoff brand on the street and stands in the mall selling fake Dead Serious hoodies

lrgds.jpg

Enyce, Akademiks, 555soul, Rocawear, SeanJohn were all fire back in the day too though. The Urbanwear scene was heavy. You actually had to have some fly **** for cats to rock you. Nowadays any fool with photoshop can order some AA tee's and get them printed with whack **** and be a "designer" :smh:

Still rock my Shooters lanyard. 

Got some Bonadacci hooded t shirts somewhere lol. 

:wow: :wow: BONADACCI WAS MY **** :lol: :smh: :pimp:

Anyone remember MCHUNU?

Damn this thread makes me feel old :smh:

Solbiato is still poppin' though :lol:

we've said it before but someone else touch on it too...internet ruined regional style...completely.

Element
Giant step
Yellow rat bastard
Union
555 soul
Stussy
PNB
True
Spikes Joint Crooklyn
Milk Crate
Gat
conart
Clobber
TNF bubble
cement 5 panel by your favorite brand

Anybody remember that brand davoucci that was always in the source? Lol

They had like leather vests and jackets and s***.
Ive never seen that brand outside of the source lol.

T5S was my brand because it provided great utility
pimp.gif

Give me these kicks...

This hoody...

And I got enough stash pockets for 3-5 dimes
pimp.gif

Trade one up for some pizza money. Skate around downtown all day with everything concealed. Man those were the days.

Back
Top Bottom