What streetwear company was bigger than Ecko in its prime?

L-R-G was the biggest in my memory.

When I finished high school in 2007 tons of people were wearing it.

It was unique in that it appealed to different markets. Urban hip hop kids wore it and the skate/surf crowd was all over it as well. Kids that were wearing brands like quicksilver, billabong, etc starting showing up with L-R-G also. I thought that was pretty crazy.

Brands like Ecko didn't do that. They were stuck in the urban realm of clothing.

Last edited:
i remember Ecko even had its own team in Madden 2002 thats how big it was i guess. I never wore that i was always rocking rocawear, sean john, akademics back then

I still have the black spider-man shirt with him holding his shoulder. Such a dope shirt.

You were still in high school when Ecko's run was over. Graduate d in 06 and I didn't wear a piece of Ecko after the first week of school because they were pushing garbage. LRG didn't have a run like it nor the impact. You gotta remember that the brand started in the early 90s and it transcended clothing. Like dude said, they were in Madden. If that's not big I don't know what is.

Last edited:
I still laugh at that episode of Eastbound and Down when Kenny went to go see Stevie's Mexican wife, and she came to the door rocking the FUBU outfit.

He looked at her and said "Why are you wearin that **** anyway?!?! That's for them by THEM!!"

And wearing Southpole in the DMV was basically the same as tattooing the word "LAME" across your forehead. Same with FUBU and Ecko and Phat Farm.

L-R-G was the biggest in my memory.

When I finished high school in 2007 tons of people were wearing it.

It was unique in that it appealed to different markets. Urban hip hop kids wore it and the skate/surf crowd was all over it as well. Kids that were wearing brands like quicksilver, billabong, etc starting showing up with L-R-G also. I thought that was pretty crazy.

Brands like Ecko didn't do that. They were stuck in the urban realm of clothing.
Thats cause you missed when Ecko was at its peak. around 05 is when Ecko started losing its appeal. Then Ecko Cut & Sew came about for people that grew up on Ecko but needed something more mature.

DMV heads really think they the most stylish in the nation huh?

I'm not try a start that argument.

But what I said about brands considered lame in the DMV when the rest of the nation was loving is absolute truth. Ask anyone. It caused a lot of culture shock for kids moving to the DMV from other areas.

Last edited:
I still have the black spider-man shirt with him holding his shoulder. Such a dope shirt.
i LOVE that shirt, i have it too...spider man was embossed on da shirt in white velvet..thankfully i copped it in a XL so i can still

wear it now and it fits like contemporary shirts fit..and its brand new cuz i copped it during da cusp of da jersey era so i rarely wore it ever.

Man DMV people swear they know how to dress. Theyre about 4 years behind when it comes to fashion
Word? Foams and New Balance's have been a staple here since the 90's, its more like everyone else is 10 years behind us...

because its houston

they're usually late on things..

especially back then i would think

no shots, since i live in houston now

when i moved here in 06 it was extremely rare to see anyone even wearing streetwear (not saying no one did obviously some did PG, SF2)

i wore STF 501's and dudes clowned me for wearing "skinny jeans" :lol:

but i think the only reason why alot of these citys nowadays stay up on things now is all due to the internet

Everytime I go to Houston and Dallas yall ****** still deep in the mall with Karl Kani, Coogi, Girbaud, and those extra hard creased *** jeans that was hot when I was in high school over a decade ago

Guess I'm speaking from a biased standpoint as I was usually the first dude around my way on LRG, 501s, Diamond Supply, etc. used to hit the club and realize H- Town is mad late. To this day I still see dudes in super starched jeans (usually super hood dudes). And Dallas is like 4 years behind Houston

Fubu was the goat.

LRG had a great run, until the dead serious hoody came out :smh:

Sean jean had the streets too for a min

Those ultra super starched creased jeans :lol: Those were heavy here back in middle school ('98-'00). Every once in awhile in some slum area I'll see somebody with those now and be like

tumblr_meecu5ipOZ1ra8i62o1_500.gif

No love for Pepe Jeans London??? I loved that back in 8th-10th. 

I can not believe it, I went on eBay and they all the vintage Pepe Jeans heat, including the greatest pair of jeans ever made. THE JEANS ON JEANS

Loved the hell out of these man, they went oh so hard.

Back
Top Bottom