We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

Nilabas na ang alas = red jerseys
pimp.gif

Game time na and James Yap is back! Here we go!

Yeah, Red Jersey. Show them our Fiercefulness and braveness. Un ba meaning ng Red sa Flag??

The Red ones doesnt really look good at first, but after a couple of minutes. this is better than the blue one

Crucial make by Gabe Norwood to end the first quarter. Score stands at 22-17, 5pt lead by Japan.

our defense sucks! offense puro pick n roll which japan is defending well. we've given too many offensive rebounds.

how can we rebound against middle east teams if we cannot rebound against japan?

We're actually lucky with our outside shots, if they can only improve their transition defense and rebounding. Its only a 6pt lead. need more effort andenergy

hi yeng, remember japeth?

Those last two minutes of the first half were garbage. Japan ran the same play on them three times and they could not even stop it.
It's a good thing Arwind made that three at the end. At the half, Japan leads 41-35.

He needs to keep Norwood, Miller, Pennisi, Asi...and let Japeth and James Yap hit their stride. Dein na si Dillinger, puro pa-pogi eh.

1st half observations:
Japans getting too many offensive rebounds.
Japan has very good pick and roll defense. Reminds of the Celtics pick and roll defense vs the Lakers in the 2008 Finals.
RP falling in love with the 3pt shot too much. We need to start taking it strong to the hole.
Asi and Pennisi are the pillars of the team so far.
Hyperdunks PI are butt ugly with the red jerseys.
Still think Jimmy Alapag should be on the team esp with Helterbrand not clicking (yet)

Oh and I wouldnt be surprised if either Raymundo or his def assignment or both show blood.

Did anybody else hear the Popeye theme song?
Also si Helterbrand mas mukhang Hapon kesa dun sa ibang player ng Japan

watching jp guards make me miss alapag even more. The ability to manufacture a fastbreak with their quickness

is japeth injured? we definitly can use his length and athleticsm now

jp getting away with a lot of hawi. I think jp bigmen watch a lot of patrimonio and asaytono

hopefully jp is starting to get tired with their short rotation

Back
Top Bottom