• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Browsin' swappa for my wife's phone and since she doesn't want another big phone we might be landing on S5 or S6 unless she wants to be cheap then we'll dive to the top of the bottom of the barrel and get a Moto G4 Play.

I'm also itchin' for new tech and considering getting a Pebble Steel since they cheap

Imagine being the server on that table tho, and if you knew who they were.

****** betta tip me at least a $100

Home > T-Mobile LG G6 will launch on April 7
T-Mobile LG G6 will launch on April 7
March 16, 2017 Alex Wagner 3 Comments

If you’ve been eyeing the LG G6 and its dual rear cameras ever since it was announced last month, there’s now a launch date that you can circle on your calendar.

T-Mobile will launch the LG G6 on April 7. Pricing will be set at $26 down and $26 per month for 24 months, or $650 full retail.

As expected, early LG G6 buyers will get a free Google Home from LG. You’ll need to purchase your G6 before April 30 to qualify.

The G6 is the latest Android flagship smartphone from LG. One of the highlight features of the device is its display, which is an 18:9 screen that’s taller than most other smartphone screens. The 5.7-inch 2560×1440 display also has slim bezels to make the phone easier to hold.

Other features of the LG G6 include dual rear cameras with one 13-megapixel 71-degree lens and one 13-megapixel sensor with a wide-angle 125-degree lens. Inside the G6’s body lives a Snapdragon 821 processor, 32GB of storage, a microSD slot, NFC, a 3300mAh battery, and USB Type-C. The G6 itself is IP68-rated for dust and water resistance.

Source: T-Mobile

Excellent price, smart move

Solid price point, but I won't be completely satisfied until these phones are in the $500 dollar range. No point in spending $1000 for a flagship phone.

These phones are worse than cars with the depreciation dropping to the floor a few months past release.

Hopefully LG got their **** together and this doesn't have several quirks/issues like the last few iterations

Coming from a Note 7, i would say that the V20 doesnt have the same overall build quality or premium feeling that the Note did. But overall, i am pretty happy with the overall performance and the 2nd screen is more useful than i expected it to be. 

Only thing keeping these phones in that price point is the fact that many can't afford to pay outright for a phone. There are some solid phones out there less than u can get an iPhone, Galaxy, etc. Offering installment plans w/ 0% APR would help these phones a little, even offering them in stores would help as well w/ the same option of having an installment plan.

I don't really do reviews but I thought I'd do a quick review on my M9P after I've had it for a nearly two weeks.

Quick specs:

6 GB Ram
128 GB storage
5.5 inch 1440x2560 screen
4000 mAh
Kirin 960 processor
Android 7.0

So first things first, the design/build quality. The phone is definitely a "premium" phone. It has a great weight to it and the slight curve makes it feels fantastic in hand. Power/volume buttons are very clicky and tactile. Pretty much gotten use to the power being under the volume rockers now. Don't have any "slippage" issues when holding it either. Part of me doesn't really like the capacitive buttons since it's just shown as two lights. Might just be because I'm use to on screen buttons. But I'm ok with it. As far as the size, this phone is on the edge of being a one handed phone for me.

The front fingerprint sensor (prefer it on the front) is LIGHTNING quick. It also acts as a button.

The AMOLED screen is fantastic, no complaints here.

Next is battery life. With a 4000 mah battery you expect great battery life, and this phone surely does. I'm an average user on the consumption side and I can get through a day and half before I need to charge. The supercharging is amazing as well. I can go from 20-100 in about an hour and a half.

EMIU is the skln that comes with it. Honestly, not a huge fan since I love stock Android. I do have Nova Launcher, so that gets rid of a lot of the issues as far as the home screen goes.

As far as performance goes this phone is a BEAST. Zero lag when moving around. I don't game or anything on my phone so I can't speak to graphics and that kind of stuff. But opening apps, switching from app to app, and loading content is fast. No stutters.

So one of the things I dislike on this phone is the speaker. It's trash. If you go over 75% loudness it's pretty bad.

I don't really take pictures with my phone, but here's a quick sample:

vyhSK0v.jpg

There is a "pro" mode where you can change your setting but this was taken on auto.

With the phone being Daydream ready, I'm pretty excited for 7.1 to come to give it a shot.

Last edited:
My dad might be in the market for a new phone. He's got an LG G4. 

How do you guys think an S6 compares to a 2017 budget phone? He was at TMobile yesterday and he was saying they were offering an S6 for sub-$400. 

My dad might be in the market for a new phone. He's got an LG G4. 
How do you guys think an S6 compares to a 2017 budget phone? He was at TMobile yesterday and he was saying they were offering an S6 for sub-$400. 

If he had to have a s6, I wouldn't buy one from a carrier at this point. They are way cheaper on the 2nd hand market. Outside of the camera though, I think a newer "budget" phone could compete performance-wise with a s6 depending on the price range he looking at.

If he had to have a s6, I wouldn't buy one from a carrier at this point. They are way cheaper on the 2nd hand market. Outside of the camera though, I think a newer "budget" phone could compete performance-wise with a s6 depending on the price range he looking at.
Thanks. Yeah, I just browsed Swappa really quick after my post and S6s are significantly cheaper there. Could even go for a slightly banged up S7 for sub-$400 

Back
Top Bottom