• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone have any howto's on how to theme android phones. Ie uccw, minimalistic text etc?

:smh: you must be new here? Pm me guy :Lol

I'm on TW as we speak. And haven't switch in over a month. Its OK and necessary if you want the true perks of the phone. Jus gotta make it work. That's all.

:smh: you must be new here? Pm me guy :Lol

I'm on TW as we speak. And haven't switch in over a month. Its OK and necessary if you want the true perks of the phone. Jus gotta make it work. That's all.
not new here. Been around since 08. I just never really changed my phones outside of wallpaper and widgets. I will shoot you a pm

I've had the HTC One for a lil less than 2 weeks now. ZERO Regrets.
same here. in fact my girl just got hers yesterday lol. touchwiz is just ugly. period. but as dude above said, make it work if you want those features. its not that big a deal. with that being said, long as we obliterate iphone...i dont care

I prefer touchwiz over pure Android.
iqJWLYqDtPdEK.gif

[h2]Google “Play Games” Leaks Ahead of Google I/O – Cloud Saves, Multiplayer Matchmaking, and Leaderboards[/h2]
by: Tim-o-tato  | posted 05.11.13 | AppsGamesNews

Back in mid April, information taken from a MyGlass application teardown  showed Google  was working on something big for the Android gaming community. Today, that previous information is all but confirmed. An updated Google Play Services app (version v3.1.36), which escaped Mountain View, has been cracked open, spilling lots of great information. Inside, there are files and strings of code detailing cloud-based saves for games, multiplayer matchmaking, player invites, achievements, and global leaderboards. Yep, this is Google Play Games

So far, the only working part of the new “app” is the ability to change accounts through the Play Games settings menu. Options to turn on game notifications and manage those who can send you game invites (all handled through Google+ accounts) is also inside. Beyond being able to view just a settings menu, there isn’t much to see. There are a couple icons for achievements and leaderboards inside, but without a game client, this serves little purpose to anyone yet.

With Google I/O  taking place next week, there is almost no doubt we will see this unveiled in just a couple of days.

Try and act surprised at I/O, okay?

ViaAndroid Police

Cheers Roy!

[h2]
Google “Play Games” Leaks Ahead of Google I/O – Cloud Saves, Multiplayer Matchmaking, and Leaderboards
[/h2]

by: Tim-o-tato
 | posted 05.11.13 | Apps
Games
News

Back in mid April, information taken from a MyGlass application teardown
 showed Google
 was working on something big for the Android gaming community. Today, that previous information is all but confirmed. An updated Google Play Services app (version v3.1.36), which escaped Mountain View, has been cracked open, spilling lots of great information. Inside, there are files and strings of code detailing cloud-based saves for games, multiplayer matchmaking, player invites, achievements, and global leaderboards. Yep, this is Google Play Games

So far, the only working part of the new “app” is the ability to change accounts through the Play Games settings menu. Options to turn on game notifications and manage those who can send you game invites (all handled through Google+ accounts) is also inside. Beyond being able to view just a settings menu, there isn’t much to see. There are a couple icons for achievements and leaderboards inside, but without a game client, this serves little purpose to anyone yet.

With Google I/O
 taking place next week, there is almost no doubt we will see this unveiled in just a couple of days.

Try and act surprised at I/O, okay?

Via
Android Police

Cheers Roy!

Maybe it's because I don't play many games on my phone, but is this a feature that folks really want??

The only thing I like about touchwiz is the dlna / direct to TV for pics/vids/music. It's pretty smooth and I haven't found any 3rd party app that is as good.

But then there are a lot of little things that are just poorly designed. You have to wonder if the designer was just lazy or has no understanding of style.

Overall, though, I can live with it.

Maybe it's because I don't play many games on my phone, but is this a feature that folks really want??
I'm not a mobile gamer like that either, but there is a growing market for mobile games and I know they would be excited for this.  This would be like the XBox Live/PSN of mobile gaming.  

The only thing I like about touchwiz is the dlna / direct to TV for pics/vids/music. It's pretty smooth and I haven't found any 3rd party app that is as good.

But then there are a lot of little things that are just poorly designed. You have to wonder if the designer was just lazy or has no understanding of style.

Overall, though, I can live with it.

TW music player = :x

So my N4 fell off a ledge about 3 feet and my front glass shattered and the screen isnt responsive... Have no insurance either(never ahd on my phones)

What would be my best bet? Do stores repair the screens of a N4?

So my N4 fell off a ledge about 3 feet and my front glass shattered and the screen isnt responsive... Have no insurance either(never ahd on my phones)

no corporate cellphone store does repairs. They only mail out a phone if you have insurance. Best bet is to find a middle of the mall phone repair spot

no corporate cellphone store does repairs. They only mail out a phone if you have insurance. Best bet is to find a middle of the mall phone repair spot

Thats what I meant, I know corporate stores dont repair phones... Guess ill start looking around for little shops that do repairs

Anyone have any suggestions on an easy root for my Galaxy Note 2 (SCH I605). My first Samsung Android device, stuck to Motorola before and just used z4 root on those devices themselves. The link I check on xda isn't workinf for some reason.

Last edited:
I wonder when the Note 2 will get 4.2.2 and if that air gesture stuff is possible in it.
eh, if samsung does release 4.2.2 for Note 2, its probably be half !@!# attempt ....they At&T and Samsung just released JB for the Note 1, and its runs like crap w/ no multi-view, thank god for the good folks from XDA tho

i remember reading folks sending off their N4s directly to LG to get it fixed. forget how much it was.

[h1]AT&T to allegedly discontinue the HTC First due to poor sales[/h1]
14 May, 2013 | Comments (19)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidTouch UI

The first Facebook phone, it seems, has been a failure. Sales of the HTC First  have been a disappointment, to the point where AT&T, the sole carrier of the device in the US, had to slash the price from $99 to $0.99 within a month of the phone's launch. And now, it seems, they will be discontinuing it altogether.
gsmarena_001.jpg

​
According to the sources at BGR, AT&T will shortly be discontinuing the HTC First in the US and return the remaining stock back to HTC. HTC has a contract with AT&T to keep the phone on store display for a stipulated amount of time and after that the phone will be discontinued. The price drop was done to move as many devices as possible till then.

Exactly how bad was the response to the HTC First? According to BGR, AT&T sold fewer than 15,000 units nationwide since the price was dropped to $0.99. The sales of the phone have been described as being even worse than the HTC ChaCha, which was sold as the HTC Status  in the US and had a dedicated Facebook button.

The HTC First was the first phone that can be described as a Facebook phone and came out of the box with Facebook's new Home launcher running on top of stock Android. It seems people just aren't interested in Facebook taking over their homescreens, as user reviews for just the launcher itself on the Play Store have mostly been negative.

It remains to be seen where Facebook goes from here, as clearly not many have liked their first attempt at entering the mobile phone segment. As for HTC, their bad luck streak just doesn't seem to end.

Source

I honestly dont even know why HTC agreed to make that POS anyway 
mean.gif
.  NOBODY wants a Facebook phone 
laugh.gif

i remember reading folks sending off their N4s directly to LG to get it fixed. forget how much it was.

I read online its anywhere from 100-150... My local shop is charging 150 so I'm just gonna get it from there... Lg can take a few weeks... Can't go without a phone for that long :lol:

Back
Top Bottom