• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know this is actually the first time I've looked at the iPhone 5. Why didn't Apple make it a little wider as well? Looks so weird. :x

That note 2 has swag written all over.... Idk it just might be too much when putting it in my pocket since my gnex just fits :frown:

Rumor: Next Nexus phone with new Android release coming in the “next 30 days”

inShare

rumor-report-simple-connections

Recently there’s been rumblings that Google will release up to five Nexus devices this holiday season, but some have openly wondered if Google will even release one. The number of Nexus rumors is surprisingly low for this time of year, so we reached out to several of our old friends to see if they could help us out. Read on for the latest rumors surrounding Google’s next Nexus.
The Rumor

Google will unveil their next Nexus phone within the “next 30 days”. The device has “already leaked” in blogs and it will include a new version of Android. However, the next version of Android will be a Jellybean point release and not the major upgrade to Android 5.0 that some had speculated.
The Sources

This rumor comes from three different industry sources that I spoke with over the last month. They have provided reliable information in the past and I find them to be trustworthy. As with most of these rumor reports, the sources wish to remain anonymous.
One Android Insider’s take on the rumor

WARNING: Before anyone has a cow, please keep in mind these are only rumors. Nothing is final until it is final. Sometimes the information given to me is correct and sometimes it is not. I get hundreds of rumors sent to me every month, but I only give the full rumor report treatment to the ones that I believe to be true.

Let the countdown begin. If you plan to buy a new Android phone before the end of the year, then you better hold onto your wallet for at least the next month. While we can’t confirm all of the product details, we are certain that Google will release a new version of Android this year and they will have a new flagship Nexus smartphone.

I find it interesting that our sources told us the big announcement was coming soon, so I am going to assume that Andy Rubin will reveal the next Nexus phone at AllThingsD: Dive Into Mobile on October 29-30. This is the same conference that he revealed Android 3.0 on the Xoom in 2010, and he always seems to have big news when he sits down to talk with Walt Mossberg.

Andy Rubin talking to Walt Mossberg at All Things D conference.

Even though Google could reveal the next Nexus smartphone in the month of October, it might not go on sale until November. We expect this next Nexus to be an unlocked GSM device, so it should go on sale sooner rather than later. Last year the Verizon Galaxy Nexus was launched several months after Google had hoped for, but we won’t have to worry about carrier delays this time around.

It is also pretty noteworthy that our sources said the identity and manufacturer of the next Nexus smartphone had already leaked out. There has been a lot of chatter over who would make the next Nexus, but most of the signals are still pointing at LG. We were already told that the LG Optimus G would be the base of a Nexus device, and other reports are slowly starting to come in.

The LG Optimus G with stock Android photoshopped in.

We really thought that the next Android release would be 5.0, so I was a little surprised to hear that the next Nexus will feature a point release. Google did this before when they announced Honeycomb Android 3.1 at Google IO 2011, so it wouldn’t be the first time it has happened. We have already spotted Android 4.2 in our recent server logs, so it’s possible that is the version of Android that we will see on this next Nexus device.

Someone is testing Android 4.2.

Even though this will be a point release, we still expect there will be several new exclusive features. We are working on a big post to detail all the possible new features, but recent rumors suggest we will see multi-user logins, enhanced Maps, enhanced dialer, enhanced camera features, and native support for wireless display standards like Miracast.

Finally to wrap things up, we have not heard any credible information about other new Nexus devices. We definitely believe there will be a flagship Nexus smartphone for this new Android point release, but there could be additional devices on the way. Possible Nexus devices that have been rumored include a refreshed-entry-level Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 with 3G modem, and Nexus 10 tablet.

If we dig up any additional details, we will surely update this post. Please contact us if you have something to share.

http://androidandme.com/2012/09/new...w-android-release-coming-in-the-next-30-days/

Hope this is true!

[COLOR=#red]BTW it has been CONFIRMED. The Galaxy Note 2 in the US will have the Quad-Core Exynos Processor + 2GB of RAM and still be LTE enabled. No more gimped specs for us, even the the Snapdragon 4 more than held its own.[/COLOR]

My upgrade is on the 18th. Looks like it will come at the perfect time. I have been leaning towards the RAZR MAXX HD but with word of a new Nexus phone and then the Note 2 and whatever the hell else may be coming who knows what I will get.

hmmm dat note 2 tho... i don think itll fit comfortably in my pockets but me gusta.

android tablets will get multi panes soon im sure then i can finally get rid of this xoom.

the n7 is too small

Most people I know who have the Samsung Note, never give complaints about the size and from observation of people in public with the note. They don't put it in their pockets. What I've seen is girls take it out of their purse/handbag and for guys a large inside/outiside jacket pokcet/blazer which fits in perfectly. I think some off us have conception that phones goes in our pocket all the time. Yes that's true but with bigger phones fitting it in a pocket should be less of a concern if your gonna use that as a daily driver.

I currently have a Note 1 (yes I still have my Nexus), and it slips into the pocket just fine.  Its very thin, and its really not as large as you would think.  The phone just seems normal sized after a couple days.  The Note 2 is actually slightly narrower so dont let the size discourage you

Last edited:
Sharp starts production of 5-inch smartphone displays with 1080p resolution
By: Raymond Wong | Oct 1st, 2012 at 10:05AM 8 Comments Filed Under: Mobile

Sharp (SHCAY) announced on Monday it has begun production for the next generation of smartphone LCD panels. Measuring at 5-inch in diagonal width with a 443 pixel per inch (PPI) density, Sharp’s new LCDs will sport a whopping full-HD resolution of 1920 x 1080. Sharp says the new display uses “CG-Silicon technology” to fit “the same number of pixels in a smartphone-size screen as there are in a full-HD LCD TV.” Google (GOOG) is rumored to be partnering up with HTC (2498) to build the 5-inch Nexus smartphone with a 1080p resolution display. Aside from the Oppo Find 5 that uses a 5-inch 1080p LCD, most smartphones and “phablets” usually top out at 720p (1280 x 720 resolution). Sharp’s new LCDs will usher in a new age of visual clarity on smartphones.

Sharp Begins Production of 5-Inch Full-HD LCD Panels

Sharp Corporation has started production of 5-inch full-HD (1,080 x 1,920 pixels) LCD panels for smartphones with a pixel density among the highest in the world. Production began at the end of September at Mie Plant No. 3 and full-scale production will begin in October.

This LCD panel employs CG-Silicon technology*2, a new pixel design, and an innovative production process to achieve the same number of pixels in a smartphone-size screen as there are in a full-HD LCD TV. The panel, which has approximately 1.3 times the pixel density of conventional LCD panels*3, can display crisp text, super-clear maps, and amazingly real HD images.

By providing ultra-detailed LCD panels to support the growing worldwide demand for smartphones, Sharp will contribute to smartphones with increasingly higher quality images.

LCD Panel Specifications

Display size 5 inches
Number of pixels 1,080 x 1,920 (full HD)
Pixel density 443 ppi
Application Smartphones
This product will be displayed in the Sharp booth at CEATEC Japan 2012
(Tuesday, October 2 to Saturday, October 6, 2012 at the Makuhari Messe convention center, Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture).

*1 As of October 1, 2012 (based on Sharp research).
*2 Developed jointly by Sharp and Semiconductor Energy Laboratory Co., Ltd.
(Head office: Atsugi City, Kanagawa Prefecture; President: Shunpei Yamazaki).
*3 Sharp’s 4.3-inch HD LCD (1,280 x 720 pixels, 342 ppi).
Tags: LCD, Sharp
RAYMOND WONG

God please let these be the screens for the nexus phab

Last edited:
Sharp starts production of 5-inch smartphone displays with 1080p resolution
By: Raymond Wong | Oct 1st, 2012 at 10:05AM 8 Comments Filed Under: Mobile

Sharp (SHCAY) announced on Monday it has begun production for the next generation of smartphone LCD panels. Measuring at 5-inch in diagonal width with a 443 pixel per inch (PPI) density, Sharp’s new LCDs will sport a whopping full-HD resolution of 1920 x 1080. Sharp says the new display uses “CG-Silicon technology” to fit “the same number of pixels in a smartphone-size screen as there are in a full-HD LCD TV.” Google (GOOG) is rumored to be partnering up with HTC (2498) to build the 5-inch Nexus smartphone with a 1080p resolution display. Aside from the Oppo Find 5 that uses a 5-inch 1080p LCD, most smartphones and “phablets” usually top out at 720p (1280 x 720 resolution). Sharp’s new LCDs will usher in a new age of visual clarity on smartphones.

Sharp Begins Production of 5-Inch Full-HD LCD Panels

Sharp Corporation has started production of 5-inch full-HD (1,080 x 1,920 pixels) LCD panels for smartphones with a pixel density among the highest in the world. Production began at the end of September at Mie Plant No. 3 and full-scale production will begin in October.

This LCD panel employs CG-Silicon technology*2, a new pixel design, and an innovative production process to achieve the same number of pixels in a smartphone-size screen as there are in a full-HD LCD TV. The panel, which has approximately 1.3 times the pixel density of conventional LCD panels*3, can display crisp text, super-clear maps, and amazingly real HD images.

By providing ultra-detailed LCD panels to support the growing worldwide demand for smartphones, Sharp will contribute to smartphones with increasingly higher quality images.

LCD Panel Specifications

Display size 5 inches
Number of pixels 1,080 x 1,920 (full HD)
Pixel density 443 ppi
Application Smartphones
This product will be displayed in the Sharp booth at CEATEC Japan 2012
(Tuesday, October 2 to Saturday, October 6, 2012 at the Makuhari Messe convention center, Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture).

*1 As of October 1, 2012 (based on Sharp research).
*2 Developed jointly by Sharp and Semiconductor Energy Laboratory Co., Ltd.
(Head office: Atsugi City, Kanagawa Prefecture; President: Shunpei Yamazaki).
*3 Sharp’s 4.3-inch HD LCD (1,280 x 720 pixels, 342 ppi).
Tags: LCD, Sharp
RAYMOND WONG

God please let these be the screens for the nexus phab

A 5" Nexus made by HTC.... My Body can't be ready enough for this..... Please let this be true.

1080p on a 5 inch display?
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

hmm might have to just wait on that next nexus phone 
laugh.gif

The clarity of that screen will be 
eek.gif

I sincerely doubt the next Nexus is a 5 inch phone. I think the 5 inch+ market is a bit too niche for a flagship phone.

:stoneface: @ me. Left my GNex at the gym. Now I gotta use my girl's old 4S since my upgrade is in January. Gonna try and flip it for a One X if I don't like it.

EDIT: Y'all seen the HTC One X+? So many phones to pick from. Might just go with that one.

Last edited:
HTC One X+

att_one-x.jpg

First quadcore processor phone with LTE coming to the AT&T in Novemeber.

1.7GHZ Tegra 3 Quad Core Processor
64GB of internal storage
2100MAH Battery
LTE
1.6MP FFC w/ Image Sense
Jellybean 4.1 and Sense 4+

DO WANT.

Back
Top Bottom