• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Intrigued by the Galaxy S III but are put off by its large 4.8-inch display? Don’t worry, it looks like Samsung (005930) has apparently got you covered. Unwired View got its hands on a flier in Germany teasing the launch of a Samsung product that’s billed as “something small [that] will be really big” and “a little sensation.” Unwired View notes that the flier prominently features “the S that Samsung has always used for its Galaxy S branded devices, so it’s going to be a Galaxy S that will get unveiled next week.” The smaller version of the Galaxy S III is rumored to have a four-inch display, making it roughly the same size as Apple’s (AAPL) iPhone 5"

http://www.bgr.com/2012/10/03/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-mini-rumor-october-11th-launch/

If true............. :pimp: Copped! -Coming from an iPhone fan btw-

"Intrigued by the Galaxy S III but are put off by its large 4.8-inch display? Don’t worry, it looks like Samsung (005930) has apparently got you covered. Unwired View got its hands on a flier in Germany teasing the launch of a Samsung product that’s billed as “something small [that] will be really big” and “a little sensation.” Unwired View notes that the flier prominently features “the S that Samsung has always used for its Galaxy S branded devices, so it’s going to be a Galaxy S that will get unveiled next week.” The smaller version of the Galaxy S III is rumored to have a four-inch display, making it roughly the same size as Apple’s (AAPL) iPhone 5"
http://www.bgr.com/2012/10/03/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-mini-rumor-october-11th-launch/
If true.............
pimp.gif
Copped! -Coming from an iPhone fan btw-
Apple should really be worried, this is the first time people can actually say this. I gotta give Samsung their props on marketing and releasing beastly Devices since the debut of the S II

This jb update on the sprint g nex is in ******g real. This thing FLIES even when you have flash side loaded and playing HD vids in the stock browser. Its so much faster than ICS or jb on the S3

I agree, and I'm rocking a Nexus s 4g and it feels like a brand new phone. Huge improvement, Nexus line FTW!

gunna go to the dark side and use an iphone for a lil bit .
gunna find out why everybody loves this
I know what you mean tho. I am waiting on the Droid RAZR MAXX HD but it is looking like its release is delayed. I small part of me wants to try out the 5 but feel like I know that would be pointless

gunna go to the dark side and use an iphone for a lil bit .
gunna find out why everybody loves this
I know what you mean tho. I am waiting on the Droid RAZR MAXX HD but it is looking like its release is delayed. I small part of me wants to try out the 5 but feel like I know that would be pointless

after a day of using this 4s heres what i learned

the phone gets better reception than my gnex.
the phonecall quality is good but cant hear too good outside unless i use speaker.
the browsing experience is way behind compared to my gnex.
the ui is very snappy and quick no lag or anything
the speaker for music is much better than that of the gnex
the screen is the same as the gnex in terms of being able to see it in direct sunlight.
sometimes i felt the 3.5 inch is too small and i made much more errors typing than i did on the gnex

I have a S3 right now and came from a gnex. So a lot of the antenna and speaker issues aren't there anymore. Thanks for your input tho

If true.............
pimp.gif
Copped! -Coming from an iPhone fan btw-
Whoa. This would be dope. I, like some others, are getting impatient waiting on some of these releases smh it seems like there more great choices than ever tho

So after having 3 different iPhones in the past 4-5 years, I have decided to give the Galaxy S3 and Android OS a shot . IMO the iPhones have just got really repetitive and i really wanted to like the iPhone 5 but nothing about it intrigued me enough to get another one for 2 years. So i figure the Galaxy S3 will hold me over till the iPhone 6 (cuz I'm sure the next one will be 5S or something like that). Or if i like the new OS and phone maybe I'll stick to Samsung. But anyway, I really like the large bright screen (although The Note was too large). My S3 should be in on Friday, looking forward for its arrival... I managed to get the white 16gb for $4 :smokin so i couldnt pass it up. Anyone have any tips or "must haves" as far as apps goes???

Nice! Can you recommend anywhere to look for a nice sleek case? Nothing bulky, was never a fan of the otterboxes, too big for me. But it seems this phone nas no where near the amount of case selections the iPhone has. And also any apps you recommend?

Nice! Can you recommend anywhere to look for a nice sleek case? Nothing bulky, was never a fan of the otterboxes, too big for me. But it seems this phone nas no where near the amount of case selections the iPhone has. And also any apps you recommend?
www.sgpcase.com

Got the Neo Hybird and I love it. Adds a lot more grip to the phone, I found the plastic back was really slippery.

Real talk, Jelly Bean on my Gnex is the best phone experience I've ever had its murdering my Razr.

Battery life is still hot boo boo though.

I'm hoping I can grab this Note 2 for work but if not I'm gonna just ride out the GNEX until they make me switch it.

Its crazy how nearly a year old phone can be this good.

Gotta love the Galaxy Nexus Dev community they are amazing soo many different roms, mods, tweaks available for flashing. I will never own a non Nexus device again.

Real talk, Jelly Bean on my Gnex is the best phone experience I've ever had its murdering my Razr.
Battery life is still hot boo boo though.
I'm hoping I can grab this Note 2 for work but if not I'm gonna just ride out the GNEX until they make me switch it.
Its crazy how nearly a year old phone can be this good.

Same thing over here man its crazy how smooth this $#@% is playing 1080p video in your browser with no lag is a beautiful thing. If you want to keep jellybean and have great battery life install the latest Miui build battery life on it is top notch with the stock kernel.

Your right bro just wanted to see if I can get this thing to lag or stutter haven't experienced any yet even with pop up play

Welcome to the GS3 team man. :nthat:

I actually went and bought the official Samsung cases for the GS3 as well as the Speck cases. I find myself using the Speck case more.

http://www.speckproducts.com/smartphone-cases/samsung.html

They're really good in offering protection and it gave my phone a nice grip (at least to my hands).
You can find them cheaper on Amazon.

In terms of apps, here's a list of the ones I use the most:

DoubleTwist (Syncs my entire iTunes library to my Android)
AirSync (I use this together with DoubleTwist to sync my phone wirelessly)
AirDroid (Just DL it. Insanely useful)
Twicca (Great twitter app)
Pocket (Use it for storing articles)
PicSay Pro (To edit photos)
Paper Camera (To edit photos as well)
Photo Shake (To resize my pics)
Catch Notes along with AK Notepad
Soundhound (For those times I want to find out the name of a song I hear)
Business Calendar (Best calendar app I've used. Well worth upgrading)
Aldiko (REALLY GOOD app for reading books)
HandyScanner (I use this to scan some notes for my nursing classes and convert them to .pdf files so I can store them on Dropbox)
Field Trip, Yelp, and HopStop (For when I hit up the city)
Ringdroid (To make custom ringtones)
Swiftkey 3 (Best keyboard I've ever used)
Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher (To customize the phone to your preferences)

If I can remember anything else, I'll be sure to post it up.

Enjoy that GS3 man. :nthat:

My Galaxy S3 came in today, can't put it down :nthat:

Welcome to the GS3 team as well dude. :nthat:

-Drew

Last edited:
Smartphones
Oct 04 AT 10:47 AM Taylor Wimberly 30 Comments[h2]First hands-on report of the LG Optimus G Nexus[/h2]
inShare

Multiple sources have told us LG is working on a Nexus phone, and today we received the first hands-on report of the device. The source claims he is not a Google employee, but apparently he has access to one who says the devices were handed out last week for testing. Read his story after the jump.

“I can confirm the next nexus is LG Optimus based. The phone looks surprisingly like the Galaxy Nexus and does not have sharp corners like the LG Optimus we already know. It has a silver’ring like the iPhone 3G around the outer edge of the screen which seemed to be similar to the Galaxy Nexus in size but was much better in brightness.

I couldn’t have said if it was larger in the few minutes that I had the phone. Also, it has Nexus written on the back like the Nexus 7 except there is a color element to it. The ‘X’ is in four colors. There was also the LG logo on the back.

Android 4.2 in its current state looked exactly like the 4.1.1 we love. There were no tabs on that build version for home-screens as you suggested from your other tipster. What I was amazed by is how fluid everything seemed to be from exiting apps, switching, etc. It seems like they’ve increased the number of transitions and their types. It still had the hodge-podge mess of multiple communication tools: Messenger, GTalk, Voice and SMS.”

We were also sent a picture taken with the device, but we are unable to share it due to the nature of the photo. When we examined the EXIF data, we found the camera module was 8 megapixels. The LG Optimus G comes in two versions, one with 13 MP camera and another with 8 MP, so the Nexus model could feature the latter.

Googlers don’t traditional leak information on company products, but if these devices are in the wild then we can expect more details to be coming soon. For a better idea of what the LG Optimus G Nexus might include check out our post 5 reasons your next smartphone might be from LG and watch this hands-on video of the Optimus G.

If we dig up any additional details, we will surely update this post. Please contact us  if you have something to share.

I've been a Google Reader user for years, it's the number one way I keep up with news, blogs, sports, everything...

I used a Reader app for my BB awhile back and it was cool, and the Reader app for Android was cool and could read some articles in full on that, but couldn't for others. But I found out I could easily send any story to Pocket with a couple taps. It might be a relatively simple thing, but this is insanely convenient to be able to read through my feeds, see an article I want to read later, and have them all on my phone whenever I need it and have time to read.

It's the small things like that which have made me love my Galaxy Nexus and how I use it in my life.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Little known GS3 fact. You can set up your camera for voice control. Simple say "Capture" and it will instantly take the pic...this beats pressing the screen and makes for perfectly still cam photos. I use it all the time. There is no shutter lag at all.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom