• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just ordered the S3 and it should be here on Monday. Had to switch from Sprint(EVO 4G LTE) to Verizon since there is no signal here in ND. Can't wait to see how it preforms compared to the EVO. I'll only have it about 6 months but it should hold me down til the Note 2 or the new Nexus devices come out.

[COLOR=#red]Little known GS3 fact. You can set up your camera for voice control. Simple say "Capture" and it will instantly take the pic...this beats pressing the screen and makes for perfectly still cam photos. I use it all the time. There is no shutter lag at all.[/COLOR]

How do I set this up good sir? :smokin

-Drew

Next Gen Nexus Rumors are churning......I'm glad that we will get multiple Nexus devices from each respected manufacture. (LG still and will never get my respect nor my money).The secrecy of This new Nexus makes a hotly anticipated smartphone. I actually hope images don't leak and Google just announce it.Google doing a better job than apple keeping it under wraps than the iPhone 5 and reason why they didn't get crazy amount of buzz they need because people have seen leak parts and images. So they knew what to expect. I want to be surprised. With that wild technology. Straight time travel type of phone yo lmao.

[COLOR=#red]Little known GS3 fact. You can set up your camera for voice control. Simple say "Capture" and it will instantly take the pic...this beats pressing the screen and makes for perfectly still cam photos. I use it all the time. There is no shutter lag at all.[/COLOR]

How do I set this up good sir? :smokin
-Drew

[COLOR=#red]Here it is my dude... Settings >>>>Language and Input>>>> Then slide the toggle for "Voice cmd for apps" to the On position. It will then give you a checkbox list for the apps it works for. One of which is the camera.

Here are the Voice Command Apps and what you say to use them

[COLOR=#red]
  • INCOMING CALLS: You can answer or reject calls by using the voice commands 'Answer' or 'Reject'
  • ALARM: You can stop or snooze alarms with the voice commands 'Stop' and 'Snooze'
  • CAMERA: You can take photos with voice commands like 'Capture' 'Shoot' 'Cheese' 'Smile'
  • MUSIC PLAYER: 'Next' 'Previous' 'Play' 'Pause' 'Volume Up' 'Volume Down'

[COLOR=#red]The GS3 has so many great features and more than a few of them aren't even advertised.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

I believe saying "shoot" also works when taking a picture.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see it up there.

Last edited:
Smartphones
Oct 04 AT 10:47 AM Taylor Wimberly 30 Comments
[h2]First hands-on report of the LG Optimus G Nexus[/h2]

inShare

Multiple sources have told us LG is working on a Nexus phone, and today we received the first hands-on report of the device. The source claims he is not a Google employee, but apparently he has access to one who says the devices were handed out last week for testing. Read his story after the jump.
“I can confirm the next nexus is LG Optimus based. The phone looks surprisingly like the Galaxy Nexus and does not have sharp corners like the LG Optimus we already know. It has a silver’ring like the iPhone 3G around the outer edge of the screen which seemed to be similar to the Galaxy Nexus in size but was much better in brightness.
I couldn’t have said if it was larger in the few minutes that I had the phone. Also, it has Nexus written on the back like the Nexus 7 except there is a color element to it. The ‘X’ is in four colors. There was also the LG logo on the back.
Android 4.2 in its current state looked exactly like the 4.1.1 we love. There were no tabs on that build version for home-screens as you suggested from your other tipster. What I was amazed by is how fluid everything seemed to be from exiting apps, switching, etc. It seems like they’ve increased the number of transitions and their types. It still had the hodge-podge mess of multiple communication tools: Messenger, GTalk, Voice and SMS.”
We were also sent a picture taken with the device, but we are unable to share it due to the nature of the photo. When we examined the EXIF data, we found the camera module was 8 megapixels. The LG Optimus G comes in two versions, one with 13 MP camera and another with 8 MP, so the Nexus model could feature the latter.
Googlers don’t traditional leak information on company products, but if these devices are in the wild then we can expect more details to be coming soon. For a better idea of what the LG Optimus G Nexus might include check out our post 5 reasons your next smartphone might be from LG and watch this hands-on video of the Optimus G.
If we dig up any additional details, we will surely update this post. Please contact us if you have something to share.
LG is :x :x :x :x :x

[COLOR=#red]Here it is my dude... Settings >>>>Language and Input>>>> Then slide the toggle for "Voice cmd for apps" to the On position. It will then give you a checkbox list for the apps it works for. One of which is the camera.
Here are the Voice Command Apps and what you say to use them
[COLOR=#red]
  • INCOMING CALLS: You can answer or reject calls by using the voice commands 'Answer' or 'Reject'
  • ALARM: You can stop or snooze alarms with the voice commands 'Stop' and 'Snooze'
  • CAMERA: You can take photos with voice commands like 'Capture' 'Shoot' 'Cheese' 'Smile'
  • MUSIC PLAYER: 'Next' 'Previous' 'Play' 'Pause' 'Volume Up' 'Volume Down'
[COLOR=#red]The GS3 has so many great features and more than a few of them aren't even advertised.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Repped, Dude. :nthat:

Truly appreciated. Now my hands are free to adjust any settings or just stabilizing the cam when I'm shooting.
So convenient. :smokin

-Drew

Repped, Dude. :nthat:
Truly appreciated. Now my hands are free to adjust any settings or just stabilizing the cam when I'm shooting.
So convenient. :smokin
-Drew

[COLOR=#red]No problem and thanks, let me know how it works for you. I found that the answer/reject phone command is hit or miss, but the cam works pretty well.[/COLOR]

LG is :x :x :x :x :x

Yes because you've seen and held the phone :rolleyes

LG's biggest problem was updates and if Google is choosing them to make the premier Nexus device I'm quite sure that won't be an issue anymore. It's funny because I vaguely remember dudes being pissed off that the Nexus S was being made by Samsung now fast forward a couple years later and Samsung is running the phone game.

LG's biggest problem was updates and if Google is choosing them to make the premier Nexus device I'm quite sure that won't be an issue anymore. It's funny because I vaguely remember dudes being pissed off that the Nexus S was being made by Samsung now fast forward a couple years later and Samsung is running the phone game.

Naw LGs biggest problem was their terrible skinned software, take any previous LG device and put vanilla OS on it and it would be solid, then I would say support comes in because they dont support their phones what so ever,

Naw LGs biggest problem was their terrible skinned software, take any previous LG device and put vanilla OS on it and it would be solid, then I would say support comes in because they dont support their phones what so ever,
Exactly.

Dudes can't even name one LG phone they would take over the Galaxy S III or One X, hell even over the Galaxy Nexus. When people talk about Android, LG is NEVER in the conversation.

Google really needs to reach out to Sony now, they're making exceptionable hardware, they just need better software (Sony xperia skin is ***).

The hardware sucks too.

Exactly.
Dudes can't even name one LG phone they would take over the Galaxy S III or One X, hell even over the Galaxy Nexus. When people talk about Android, LG is NEVER in the conversation.
Google really needs to reach out to Sony now, they're making exceptionable hardware, they just need better software (Sony xperia skin is ***).

Honestly I`m SHOCKED Sony is so far behind in the mobile device game, I been down with Sony since I got my Playstation in 96, and now Sony is soooo wack outside of video games, I got a Sony Google TV which is legit but still.

I just need a friggin new phone. Tired of my NS4G (even with JB). Thing is laggy and slow. Thought my upgrade was in August, but apparently it happened in June. Had I known that, I might have just gone with the S3, but I gotta stay Nexus.

Ish is clean and nice. I'm sure if Google is looking over the development of the phone, LG's Nexus will be just fine. I trust the Goog :pimp:

Nice phone.. don't know how I feel about the battery thoo
I just need a friggin new phone. Tired of my NS4G (even with JB). Thing is laggy and slow. Thought my upgrade was in August, but apparently it happened in June. Had I known that, I might have just gone with the S3, but I gotta stay Nexus.

Ish is clean and nice. I'm sure if Google is looking over the development of the phone, LG's Nexus will be just fine. I trust the Goog
pimp.gif
Pretty much.. I'd wait it out now if I were you since the rumors of all these great phones just around the corner..

Plus as long as Google is backing you, you'll be just fine.. even if you're LG

Thanks for the tips, case, and app recommendations fam!
So i might not get my S3 till tomorrow or Monday after all... Oh well, for the price i paid its worth the wait.

Nice phone.. don't know how I feel about the battery thoo
Pretty much.. I'd wait it out now if I were you since the rumors of all these great phones just around the corner..

Plus as long as Google is backing you, you'll be just fine.. even if you're LG

Yeah, I'm waiting it out until the next Nexus. Can't wait to have that buttery smooth, fast, pure Android experience.

I can't use half my apps because it's too slow. I've had to cut down on my apps on my screens and remove all forms of customization :lol:

can't wait!

after two days of using an iphone and traveling to unfamiliar territory im going to get rid of it

the maps and navigation absolutely sucks balls

when i search something i cant find it through maps i have to search it on google then input the address which is difficult and dangerous while driving
the gps is wack im on the 5 freeway and it thinks im on the street next to the freeway
i literally felt like i was looking for directions on windows mobile 6.5 on my htc touch pro 2.
and the browsing is just terrible compared to my gnex
i actually thought the iphone was pretty good but now i know the truth
i cant believe how people accept unfinished products and claim to "love it"

im switching back to my gnex tomorrow

What browser is everyone using?

I usually stick to Chrome for my general searchers, but the font size is messed up on some sites, so I don't use it 100% of the time. I used Dolphin for awhile but it seemed to kill my battery quicker than normal, plus it hasn't been working right for me recently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom