Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
da build quality of da tilt >> *

32638455-2-300-DT3.gif

My first smartphone, **** held me down for real :pimp:

Enough with this read any blog nonsense.. and what's this about better material used when they use the same ****, though :lol:

I'm not really understanding this either. Complaints i hear about the S3 is the flimsy back panel when you take it off. Really? Do dudes seriously sit around taking the back cover off their phone and bending it back and forth wishing it was sturdier and not as bendable. Once it's on the phone they all feel the same.

yeah.. i know its gonna be a huge phone but eff it.. i dont wear skinny jeans and i dont think i use my phone with 1 hand that much either...

I really just wanna keep my S3. It really is perfect. I have it running on JB and it is dumb fast & good. I just get about 10 hours of battery life and want that MAXX battery . The 2 phones are basically the same size and I am very comfortable with that. So we will see. If the Razr drops next month I will probably get it. The Note is wild tho :smh:

Last edited:
New research has shown that more smartphone owners are considering a Samsung device for their next handset than any other Android device manufacturer.

The study, carried out by YouGov, shows a dramatic increase in consumer consideration for the Korean company, with 42% of respondents now considering a Samsung smartphone, up 10% on the previous year. All other major manufacturers including HTC and LG saw a decline in next handset consideration. According to the research only Apple has a higher rate of future consumer consideration at 44%, although this was down from 51% in the previous year.

The report comes less than 3 months after research from IDC Worldwide placed Samsung as the number one smartphone vendor in the world
, with a market share of 29.1% – a dramatic 267% year-on-year increase. Over the same period key competitor HTC saw a drop of 23.3% in its world market share.

The numbers are obviously encouraging for the Seoul-based electronics giant, but how did it get to such an enviable position in the market? Early smartphones such as the Galaxy S and S8500 Wave were decent mid-range devices that achieved respectable sales, however, it was with the Galaxy S II that the seeds were really sown. Following its launch, the S II was largely acknowledged by critics to be the best Android smartphone in the world at the time and as such, became a phenomenal success with over 20 million units shipped worldwide by February 2012.

Although the Galaxy S II has proven to be exceptionally popular across the globe, its successor, the Galaxy S III, has been an even more overwhelming success. With reports of over 9 million pre-orders in the two weeks following its unveiling, the latest flagship device from Samsung has garnered much critical praise and huge sales across the world. Indeed, a recent poll of industry analysts carried out by Reuters forecasts sales of 50 million S III’s in the second quarter of 2012 against sales of 30.4 million for Apple’s iPhone 4S.

The Galaxy S III was always going to impress on a technical level, thanks to a number of innovations such as Smart Stay and Pop-up Play, the likes of which had never been seen before in an Android device. But what really seems to have propelled the handset to such lofty heights is the strength of both the Samsung brand in the wider electronics world and the legacy laid down by the S II. It is here where the real parallels with Apple can be drawn, as both manufacturers have come to represent something more than simply a selection of devices.

In contrast, major competitor HTC had limited success with its One X smartphone, a handset which arguably matches the S III in terms of design and tech features. Although the One X is undeniably a worthy flagship unit, the Taiwanese company has historically competed at the budget end of the market and as such could be said to have the gravitas to appeal to aspirational consumers.

The debate will inevitably continue to rage as to who is the dominant force in the smartphone market and, with the forthcoming iPhone 5 expected to be a game changer, the battle is set to continue for some time yet. But one thing is quite clear; Samsung has now firmly established itself as one of the most important and influential forces in mobile.

[COLOR=#red]Something as subjective as "Build Quality" is overrated, well at least the market has said so. Features AND convenience factors (removeable/replaceable battery, Micro SD) are things that matter more to a mobile device. It makes absolutely no sense to have a phone as nice as the One X with its top notch screen, LTE, awesome camera and then hamstring it with a 1800 mah non-replaceable battery. At least they could have included a higher capacity battery especially since LTE is a hungry mofo. HTC could have done more and been smarter about it...but they didn't and as a result the SGSIII took over even after being released afterwards. [/COLOR]

Yeah the battery situation has been plaguing Android. Seems to have it figured out now and even though I hate to say it, battery life (originally) was the only reason why I ever even considered switching over to the iPhone

[h2]Google Play hits 25 billion downloads[/h2]
September 26, 2012

Whether you’re looking for directions, checking email or sharing a picture with friends, apps are now an indispensable part of life. And if you’re using Android, it all starts with Google Play, home to 675,000 apps and games. That’s a lot of choice. We’ve now crossed 25 billion downloads from Google Play, and to celebrate we’re offering some great discounts for the next five days.

Every day you’ll be able to choose from a collection of apps from some of the world’s top developers including Gameloft, Electronic Arts, Rovio, runtastic, Full Fat and more. And all for just 25 cents. We’ll also be offering some special collections like 25 movies you must own, 25 banned books, 25 albums that changed the world and our 25 top selling magazines, all at special prices. Visit Google Play a little later today to check them out.

Twenty-five billion is more than twice the distance, in miles, that the Voyager 1 spacecraft has travelled since its launch 35 years ago. It’s the amount of time, in minutes, that have passed since some of our earliest ancestors began to set foot in Europe. And now, thanks to all of you, it’s a Google Play milestone. We look forward to the next 25 billion.

Posted by Jamie Rosenberg, Director, Digital Content

I might be alone in this, but I CANT mess with 5+ inch screens :x. I absolutely hate the idea of having to use two hands just to hold my "phone" and I know there's a market for it, which is cool, but i'd be highly upset if the "regular" smartphones like the Nexus and Galaxy series start having 5-inch+ screens.

^
The larger screens are just so much better for web browsing, e-books, and watching movies. There will always be options for people but it does seem like the top of the line phones are going to be 5 inch screens and bigger.

Something as subjective as "Build Quality" is overrated, well at least the market has said so. Features AND convenience factors (removeable/replaceable battery, Micro SD) are things that matter more to a mobile device.
Sorry but that's not true at all. Especially considering the best selling phones of all time have neither.

I might be alone in this, but I CANT mess with 5+ inch screens :x. I absolutely hate the idea of having to use two hands just to hold my "phone" and I know there's a market for it, which is cool, but i'd be highly upset if the "regular" smartphones like the Nexus and Galaxy series start having 5-inch+ screens.

I"m with you man.

I got an iPad if I wanna read eBooks or watch movies. Just gimme a phone with a 4.3ish whatever screen.

I might be alone in this, but I CANT mess with 5+ inch screens
sick.gif
. I absolutely hate the idea of having to use two hands just to hold my "phone" and I know there's a market for it, which is cool, but i'd be highly upset if the "regular" smartphones like the Nexus and Galaxy series start having 5-inch+ screens.
You're definitely not alone. The screen size on the iPhone 5 is the only reason I ever considered it. My bro has the G3 and I couldn't imagine getting a phone bigger than that so 5" is definitely my limit 

I'm 6'1 with massive hands. I was thinking of getting the note2 and selling my S3, but as some stated I think the S3 is perfection. I cant find one flaw in my phone. The screen is perfect for my hand size. Fits perfectly in my pockets.

Getting a larger screen is unnecessary IMO especially if I already have the Nexus tablet.

The only thing about the Note 2 is putting it in your pockets.
Played with the OG Note and it does fit in my pocket but it's crazy tight and uncomfortable.

[COLOR=#red]If the HTC Nexus 5 or whatever it's called is released and is as nice as it is proclaimed to be then I'll more than likely get it. I go with what's hot. I just hope they it has more than a 2500 mah battery, because LTE and a big screen is a beast on battery life. I experienced that with my Note 1. And please no porthole looking, easy to scratch protruding camera like the One X.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Not sure if posted yet. Free The Avengers Movie Download for SIII T-Mobile Users only. smh

A quick reminder for Samsung Galaxy S III owners to be on the lookout for your special free download of The Avengers today. The download will be available in Samsung’s Media Hub and is a T-Mobile exclusive. In addition, the movie can be directly downloaded or streamed to other devices that support Samsung’s AllShare Cast feature or AllShare Cast Wireless Hubs. Future Galaxy S III owners fret not, the download is good for everyone who owns a Galaxy S III.

Get your download on now. Me, I’m still going for the BluRay today anyway.

The third most-popular movie of all time, “Marvel’s The Avengers,” will be virtually pre-loaded on all T-Mobile Galaxy S III smartphones with this exclusive offer. The movie will be available in HD quality beginning Sept. 25 — the same day “Marvel’s The Avengers” becomes available on Blu-ray 3D, Blue-ray, DVD, digital and on-demand across the nation. T-Mobile customers can download “Marvel’s The Avengers” movie by visiting Samsung Media Hub on their Galaxy S III.

Article here: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/26/just-clicking-a-link-could-wipe-some-android-phones

Just Clicking a Link Could Wipe Some Android Phones
Outdated Android dialer makes some phones vulnerable to dialer-based hack that initiates factory reset.
by Jon Fox SEPTEMBER 26, 2012

Did you know there's an 11-digit code that can wipe certain phones from the dialer? It looks like this:

It's actually an intentional feature, which uses the USSD protocol mobile operators use to provide basic services through their phone networks. One of those services, which certain phones enable and others don't, is a hard-reset of the phone.

The problem: some Android dialer apps will execute these codes straight from the browser, without user confirmation. So just clicking on a link like this or scanning a malicious QR-code could wipe your phone.

Scary stuff.

The source of the problem was a bug in the Android dialer, which was actually fixed several months ago. Samsung, whose flagship GS3 was temporarily thought to be the only phone with the problem, told the Telegraph that its most recent software update fixed the issue. But depending on carrier and manufacturer, the fix hasn't made it to all Android devices. Samsung's Galaxy S2 and S Advance and some HTC and Motorola phones still appear to be vulnerable.

Wondering if you're at risk? This site will test your phone by executing a different (harmless) USSD code. If you are vulnerable, we recommend downloading any available updates and (if you're still vulnerable,) an alternative dialer app. And keep your phone backed up.

Back
Top Bottom