• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The HTC 5-inch phablet to be the Google Nexus 5?

It will soon be a year from the Samsung Galaxy Nexus announced, and if Google keeps with the tradition, we should be seeing its successor. According to a tip we received, the device to replace it might be the oft rumored HTC 5″ phablet, known as Droid Incredible X or One X 5. There’s no way to confirm the validity of the tip so take it with a pinch of salt, but it certainly sounds plausible.

Our anonymous tipster claims that the Google Nexus 5 will run on Android 4.1.2, which brings bugfixes, Project Butter improvements, extra lockscreen functionality as well as other minor tweaks. Its traditional for Google to launch new versions of Android with its product announcements, so releasing a new Jelly Bean version with the Nexus 5 would make sense.

On the hardware side of things, the Google Nexus 5 will reportedly offer a 1080p display and a Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset. While not impossible, the former seems rather unlikely, even if it’s not the first time that this rumor comes up. The first Google phablet will reportedly offer a 12MP main camera, teamed up with a 2MP front-facing snapper.

All of this will come in a super slim design and a large, 2,500mAh battery. Internal memory is going to be up to 64GB and there will be LTE connectivity.

Our tipster tells us this info comes from a very reliable source within HTC but, once again, there’s no way of confirming its legitimacy.

[COLOR=#red]my body is more than ready...[/COLOR]

Will be waiting. :x :x

The 5 should've been 4.3" at least and wide as the EVO4G, it would've been perfect

Yeah, the s3/GNex feels cheap but it's flexible and durable and you really don't have to worry bout scuffs and scratches all that much.

Not to mention the DroidXs are damn near bulletproof.

I used to have my NexusS raw and dropped it so many times, there was barely a scratch on it. Loved that damb phone. :smokin

Truer words have never been spoken.

I'm going back and forth with my boy out in Cali that gets like every new iPhone no matter what first day... he goes hard for the iPhone.

Even he is having doubts about the 5... he's now telling me it's the same damn **** and he should or might end up with a Galaxy device.

I couldn't believe it when even he said that... that's like IHeartBoost clowning the Playstation and start repping Xbox :smh: ... he also said the same thing that they should have made it wider not just longer because now it feels like a TV remote in your hand.

My girl loves her iPhone 5 though and thinks it's the best thing since slice bread, but this is her first iPhone and she likes how it integrates with her other Apple devices so I guess different strokes for my girl's choch.

I'm still hoping to catch a GNex for the $200 range on Craigslist from someone caught up in the hype to keep up with the newest thing.

I could see it.
Never, EVER.

I've never had a HTC made phone.

You guys really prefer them over Sammy? I keep hearing that their build quality is top notch.

-Drew
HTC >

Build quality and materials are supreme. HTC makes the best designed Android phones IMO. Samsung is biting Apple too closely lately, it's disgusting.

I've only had my nexus for a couple weeks but if that HTC joint drops i might have to throw this nexus on craigslist :lol:

It will soon be a year from the Samsung Galaxy Nexus announced, and if Google keeps with the tradition, we should be seeing its successor. According to a tip we received, the device to replace it might be the oft rumored HTC 5″ phablet, known as Droid Incredible X or One X 5. There’s no way to confirm the validity of the tip so take it with a pinch of salt, but it certainly sounds plausible.

Our anonymous tipster claims that the Google Nexus 5 will run on Android 4.1.2, which brings bugfixes, Project Butter improvements, extra lockscreen functionality as well as other minor tweaks. Its traditional for Google to launch new versions of Android with its product announcements, so releasing a new Jelly Bean version with the Nexus 5 would make sense.

On the hardware side of things, the Google Nexus 5 will reportedly offer a 1080p display and a Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset. While not impossible, the former seems rather unlikely, even if it’s not the first time that this rumor comes up. The first Google phablet will reportedly offer a 12MP main camera, teamed up with a 2MP front-facing snapper.

All of this will come in a super slim design and a large, 2,500mAh battery. Internal memory is going to be up to 64GB and there will be LTE connectivity.

Our tipster tells us this info comes from a very reliable source within HTC but, once again, there’s no way of confirming its legitimacy.

898728098900835243376949.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's been posted yet but the jelly bean update for Verizon GNex owners is out. I woke up this morning to that beautiful dialog box asking me to accept the OTA update.

HTC >
Build quality and materials are supreme. HTC makes the best designed Android phones IMO. Samsung is biting Apple too closely lately, it's disgusting.
[COLOR=#red]
This dude again :lol: So HTC's materials and build quality and materials are better than Samsung's...when Samsung is made out of Polycarbonate just like the One X...and Samsung is biting Apple when the One X is the phone with a sealed battery and no upgradeable memory. If anything that seems more like design biting to me.

iHeartboost...go to the nearest mirror look into it and say " I am dumb, and I know nothing of what I am talking about". Those will be the truest words you would have probably ever spoken. [/COLOR]

Is the Nexus 7 still the top small tablet out right now or is there something releasing in the upcoming months that is worth a look? Any future tablets from HTC or new Samsung ones? I've been wanting to buy the N7 to use when I have big breaks between classes.

This dude again
laugh.gif
So HTC's materials and build quality and materials are better than Samsung's...when Samsung is made out of Polycarbonate just like the One X...and Samsung is biting Apple when the One X is the phone with a sealed battery and no upgradeable memory. If anything that seems more like design biting to me.
iHeartboost...go to the nearest mirror look into it and say " I am dumb, and I know nothing of what I am talking about". Those will be the truest words you would have probably ever spoken.
roll.gif

You guys, this is what they want from us. They want us to argue and fight, we have to stick together as a whole. The biggest enemy to the android community are android users. Stop the violence.

HTC >
[COLOR=#red]
This dude again :lol: So HTC's materials and build quality and materials are better than Samsung's...when Samsung is made out of Polycarbonate just like the One X...and Samsung is biting Apple when the One X is the phone with a sealed battery and no upgradeable memory. If anything that seems more like design biting to me.

iHeartboost...go to the nearest mirror look into it and say " I am dumb, and I know nothing of what I am talking about". Those will be the truest words you would have probably ever spoken. [/COLOR]

You need to:

1. Relax.

2. Its another man's opinion, disagree if you want but do it in a civil way.

3. It's a phone. It won't recognize you defending it and give you a passionate night of love making.

They're phones at the end of the day. I'm not your man because we use the same OS. For the record I have a iPhone and couldn't give two dambs about the next man using it. Do what works for you.

[COLOR=#red]Maybe it's just me, but I have a problem with opinion being disguised as fact, especially when the statement is erroneous. It's not responsible for an information thread. If you don't like something then you don't like something, but when a person couples that with bogus info then I'm going to refute that every time. I'll be more civil though.

With that being said I hope that info about the HTC tabphone is true. Would be good to have options in that category besides just Samsung and LG.[/COLOR]

HTC >
[COLOR=#red]

Who are you again?

Read any tech site, One X has been mention numerious times as one of the best, if not the best designed Android handset. HTC has great build quality, best materials and overall aesthetics. It's IMO too. You don't like my opinion, zero ***** will be given.

HTC biting Apple in designed? Oh. So Samsung didn't go to court and LOSE over a billion dollars against Apple a few weeks back for biting numerous patent designed? Wait...

That rock you've been living under lately... bash your skull with it g.

I don't know about that 5 inch though... I'll have to see how big it is when it's all said and done, no Karamo.

Back
Top Bottom