• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody have a Google Nexus 7? How do you like it?
bruh its smooth as helll.
i had/have two. first one cracked the screen and sold it then bought another one and still on it.
its one of the best smart phone know to man kind. gs3s feature are on gnex aswell.

lol only Apple device on own is a classic ipod and a MBP. I still own the Incredible, easily the best phone I've ever had but it's on it's last leg now.
Same with me. It's just such a good phone you can afford to wait it out to see who has the best to offer for your next one. But I'm definitely ready for something new with a bigger screen. Still waiting for official specs for the HTC "Phablet/Incredible X" which I'm 90% sure I'll end up getting anyway.

im thinking of getting a S3 after the disappointment of the iphone 5. it will be my first android. is this jelly bean as good as everyone makes it out to be? when is the S3 getting said jelly bean

jelly bean :pimp: >>>>

no matter how good you think your s3 already is you will def notice the jelly bean upgrade

Last edited:
Pardon me if I'm late but this caught my attention. :lol:

It seems like the A6 chip that all the Apple fanboys have been so boa****l about is STILL made by Samsung. :lol:

http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/23/samsung-making-apple-a6/#s:apple-a6-package

Samsung still making Apple’s A6 chip, electron microscopes reveal

September 23, 2012 8:34 AM
Dylan Tweney

Add a Comment

Apple and Samsung have many beefs. But for now, it appears, Samsung is still manufacturing the A6 processor inside Apple’s flagship iPhone 5.

That’s the conclusion reached by UBM TechInsights, whose engineers have been carefully disassembling the iPhone 5 since it launched Friday. Unlike other teardown teams, TechInsight’s engineers don’t stop when they expose the circuit boards and chip packages inside the phone. These guys pried the A6 chip out, stripped off its cover, and have been carefully shaving it down, layer by layer, and examining it with electron microscopes.

“All signs point to Samsung doing the manufacturing,” TechInsights technical research manager Allan Yogasingam said in an email to VentureBeat. “Manufacturing semiconductors is like a fingerprint, as each process is unique to the fabrication facility, in this case Samsung’s 32nm process technology.”

Yogasingam also provided the images below, from his team’s research into the A6 chip. Among other revelations, the A6 has a triple-core GPU (the graphics engine of the chip).

The “32nm process” in Yogasingam’s comment refers to the average size of the components, such as transistors, in the chip. One of the ways semiconductor makers increase the speed and power of chips is by developing equipment that can make smaller and smaller components, enabling them to keep pace with Moore’s Law — the market imperative to double chip performance without increasing price every 18 months.

Yogasingam adds more technical detail:

Our initial SEM cross-sections of the A6 processor show metal and dielectric layering that is almost identical to that used in the previous A5 processor found in the Apple TV, which was, as well, likely manufactured by Samsung. The process node appears to be held constant at 32nm. Examination of the gate stack shows a Gate First-High K metal gate structure. The PMOS devices incorporate a Silicon Germanium layer in the active channel. More detailed analysis will confirm these results but that will take some more time.

Neither Apple nor Samsung have disclosed the manufacturing relationship for the A6. Since Samsung manufactured previous versions of the Apple-designed CPU, it makes sense for the company to continue doing so. However, manufacturers are often replaceable, and the two companies have had a nasty public feud in multiple countries’ courts over the past year. Most significantly, Apple accused Samsung of ripping off its patented designs for the iPhone and iPad — and recently won a resounding court victory in the U.S. For its part, Samsung has accused Apple of violating communications patents it holds. In light of the disputes between the two companies, Apple recently replaced Samsung as the maker of its iPhone displays, preferring to use the services of Sharp instead.

But such switches aren’t so easy to do with semiconductor technology, which depends on extremely advanced fabrication techniques and multimillion-dollar equipment. It’s likely that there are no manufacturers outside of Samsung capable of making A6 chips at this point.

So, for now, the relationship continues — in this domain, at least.

Meanwhile, Apple has asked a Korean court to forbid Samsung from selling its iPhone-infringing devices in the U.S., and is asking the Korean company to cough up another billion dollars.

But such switches aren’t so easy to do with semiconductor technology, which depends on extremely advanced fabrication techniques and multimillion-dollar equipment. It’s likely that there are no manufacturers outside of Samsung capable of making A6 chips at this point.

Samsung. :nthat:

:lol: @ Apple trying to take credit for making that chip.

-Drew

Seen this in TAN.. :pimp: ..:lol:

tumblr_m9j8khGPDV1rwutrpo1_1280.png
tumblr_m9j8khGPDV1rwutrpo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_m9j8khGPDV1rwutrpo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_m9j8khGPDV1rwutrpo4_1280.jpg

+1 for samsung

YYYOOOOO :lol:

How ******g dope is that :lol:

That's really cool of them :nthat:

The 5 should've been 4.3" at least and wide as the EVO4G, it would've been perfect

Yeah, the s3/GNex feels cheap but it's flexible and durable and you really don't have to worry bout scuffs and scratches all that much.

Not to mention the DroidXs are damn near bulletproof.

I used to have my NexusS raw and dropped it so many times, there was barely a scratch on it. Loved that damb phone. :smokin

Truer words have never been spoken.

I'm going back and forth with my boy out in Cali that gets like every new iPhone no matter what first day... he goes hard for the iPhone.

Even he is having doubts about the 5... he's now telling me it's the same damn **** and he should or might end up with a Galaxy device.

I couldn't believe it when even he said that... that's like IHeartBoost clowning the Playstation and start repping Xbox :smh: ... he also said the same thing that they should have made it wider not just longer because now it feels like a TV remote in your hand.

My girl loves her iPhone 5 though and thinks it's the best thing since slice bread, but this is her first iPhone and she likes how it integrates with her other Apple devices so I guess different strokes for my girl's choch.

I'm still hoping to catch a GNex for the $200 range on Craigslist from someone caught up in the hype to keep up with the newest thing.

Last edited:
still waiting out for the JB update for the VZW Galaxy nexus. :smh::x:rofl:

I'm too lazy to figure out how to unlock the phone. Oh well. I thought Verizon/Google would have me set months ago, shame on me.

The 5 should've been 4.3" at least and wide as the EVO4G, it would've been perfect

Yeah, the s3/GNex feels cheap but it's flexible and durable and you really don't have to worry bout scuffs and scratches all that much.

I used to have my NexusS raw and dropped it so many times, there was barely a scratch on it. Loved that damb phone.
smokin.gif

I'm going back and forth with my boy out in Cali that gets like every new iPhone no matter what first day... he goes hard for the iPhone.

Even he is having doubts about the 5... he's now telling me it's the same damn **** and he should or might end up with a Galaxy device.

I couldn't believe it when even he said that... that's like IHeartBoost clowning the Playstation and start repping Xbox
mean.gif
... he also said the same thing that they should have made it wider not just longer because now it feels like a TV remote in your hand.

My girl loves her iPhone 5 though and thinks it's the best thing since slice bread, but this is her first iPhone and she likes how it integrates with her other Apple devices so I guess different strokes for my girl's choch.

I'm still hoping to catch a GNex for the $200 range on Craigslist from someone caught up in the hype to keep up with the newest thing.
laugh.gif
My girl feels the same way, except not the iPhone but about my S3 maybe cause it's red and that's her favorite color.. whenever I get a new phone I'll prob just give her my S3. She hates the iPhone which made me love her even more
laugh.gif

She just likes bigger phones, all she does is surf the web and play her with friends games on her phone.

If I seen a GNex on craigs for 200 I'd cop

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]
Had Apple released this instead of the iPhone 4S a year ago...and a slightly more progressive iOS update then it would have been real ugly for Android...I had the iPhone 4 and the above phone was thought to be the iPhone 5 by many. Once the announcement came and Apple revealed the 4S instead I jumped ship and so did a number of people who were disappointed.

Funny thing is it resembles the Note 2 kind of.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Question for you guys. I have a Motorola Photon on Android 2.3.5. I was planning on rooting it so I could get ICS on it, but from the little googling that I've done, I've seen that it isnt possible now. Am I screwed or is there something I'm missing.

PLS respond

I have the GS2 and I plan on getting the 3 on the first when I'm eligible for an upgrade. I wanted to know more from you guys your opinions on these Nexus devices you make them sound so cool.

I used to have my NexusS raw and dropped it so many times, there was barely a scratch on it. Loved that damb phone. :smokin

I couldn't believe it when even he said that... that's like IHeartBoost clowning the Playstation and start repping Xbox :smh: ... he also said the same thing that they should have made it wider not just longer because now it feels like a TV remote in your hand.

I could see it.

I have the GS2 and I plan on getting the 3 on the first when I'm eligible for an upgrade. I wanted to know more from you guys your opinions on these Nexus devices you make them sound so cool.
The best thing about Nexus devices are that all the OS updates you'll get them first... I have the GS3 love the phone no complaints.. big, fast, can last me the whole day on medium to high usage.. If you're upgrade is later, you can always wait to see what releases towards the end of the year.. there will be some heat out by then

[COLOR=#red]Let's take a trip down memory lane shall we?[/COLOR]
http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/16/t-mobile-g1-review/

g1_main.jpg

It's hard to believe, but rumors of a "Googlephone" have been floating around since 2006. To put it in perspective, the first Gphone post on Engadget was written by Peter Rojas. Needless to say, it's been a long, slow ride to get to Android, the Open Handset Alliance, and ultimately the T-Mobile G1. If we said expectations were high for the introduction of this device, it would be an understatement. It's not every day that a company with the stature of Google announces it's getting into the phone game, and it's certainly not every day that an honest-to-goodness innovator comes along. That last time the team at Engadget got this stoked for a device, it was a little something called the iPhone -- and you know how that turned out. Will Android and the G1 live up to the hype? Is this the first coming of a serious new contender in the mobile space, or has the triple threat of Google, HTC, and T-Mobile not delivered on their promises? We've put both the device and the software through its paces to bring you the definitive review of the T-Mobile G1 and Android, so read on to get your answers.

As we've really gone to great lengths to dissect the phone and OS, we're splitting the review into two, easy to digest parts. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom