• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lil boys mad they cant even get OS upgrades from the Manufacturer, lol even the 3gs got iOS 6

If the "new" OS they released is outdated, then they can keep that update.

iOS6 is pretty fitting for a 3gs that came out in 2009. :lol:

-Drew

No one wants your Apple fanboy *** in this thread, why are you even here? Maybe cuz you can't find your way back to the iPhone thread with the POS iOS maps.

The 3gs got the update because it's the exact same phone as the 5 you blind idiot :lol:

ether

:rofl:

Last edited:
Buying this rooted Evo 4G is becoming a big mistake. I have no idea of what I'm doing here. Trying to figure out how to get sense on the phone so I can activate it but I can't figure out which version of 2.3.7 I have.

Buying this rooted Evo 4G is becoming a big mistake. I have no idea of what I'm doing here. Trying to figure out how to get sense on the phone so I can activate it but I can't figure out which version of 2.3.7 I have.

Return that piece of **** back to where u got it from.

At least get u a nexus s4g if you're on a budget.

Return that piece of **** back to where u got it from.

At least get u a nexus s4g if you're on a budget.

thissss the nexus S will do you dam well homie

i told my mom to get a nexus S a year ago and its still a great phone even til this day
running jelly bean and all that unrooted too :pimp:

Last edited:
Played around with the new iPhone today and compared to my GNex. The hardware on the iPhone 5 is excellent and very well built. Blows my Nexus out of the water. Cant say the same for the software though. iOS has become very stale and the extra row of icons does nothing for me.

Waiting for the next Nexus

Played around with the new iPhone today and compared to my GNex. The hardware on the iPhone 5 is excellent and very well built. Blows my Nexus out of the water. Cant say the same for the software though. iOS has become very stale and the extra row of icons does nothing for me.
Waiting for the next Nexus

[COLOR=#red]Saw the iPhone 5 yesterday while at the mall. Nothing spectacular at all...for one I had the iPhone 4 so to me from the "hardware" perspective it was like "been there done that". Takes more than a .5 inch stretch and a weak a** aluminum back to drive me into a tizzy.

So now it's time to use critical thinking (obviously a long lost art)...If a phone that is released has close to %50 of the new buyers complaining about various nicks, dings, scuffs, scratches, and dents BEFORE they even use their phones...how in f**ks sake does that phone have "amazing build quality". Mind you build quality is inclusive of structural integrity, durability, AND stable, CONSISTENT, manufacturing processes, as evidenced in the words BUILD and QUALITY. In that case the HTC One X, SGSIII, GNex, Razrs, and even the LG's blow the iPhone5 out of the water.

Methinks everybody confusing aesthetics for build quality. And even as far as aesthetics go like I said before phones now are mostly screen and are getting thinner, so we really talking about what the back of the phone looks like. Overrated!!![/COLOR]

Finally got my the official jb after having it for a month when it first came out but then losing root.. Been running stock lately :tongue:

[COLOR=#red]Ironically the most well built iPhone to date was the iPhone 3G/3GS...You know the one with the plastic back.

Also ever wonder what the Otterbox cases are made out of???? Poly-freakin-carbonate. You know that cheap plastic everyone talks about these days.
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
My girl got the iPhone 5 on Friday and I was looking at it :x :smh:

Yo they messed up not making it wider... just longer... it doesn't look right, doesn't feel right in my hand either.

Of course the OS is the same **** since it came out in 05 or whatever :smh:

I told her that her rooted Evo 4G with the ROM she had running on it I prefer more than the iPhone 5... she got irritated :lol:

I also prefer the aesthetics of the Evo 4G over the iPhone 5... I think that was the best "size" for a phone so far.

I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they designed the 5... well they'll probably make it wider in two years, and call it the iPhone 6 :smh:

I never said that plasitc itself was cheap. Just something about the SG3 felt cheap to me.
I prefer HTC's build over Samsungs

[COLOR=#red]Ironically the most well built iPhone to date was the iPhone 3G/3GS...You know the one with the plastic back.

I used to throw my 3G on the floor all the time and it doesn't even have a scratch on it. Surprised I haven't broken any phones like my friends do. I've spiked my Droid X like a football and it only has a few minor scratches.

I never said that plasitc itself was cheap. Just something about the SG3 felt cheap to me.
I prefer HTC's build over Samsungs
[COLOR=#red]
It's the "Apple" in you :lol: I wouldn't expect a Cobra (Apple) to want to be friends with a Mongoose (Samsung). The whole Samsung products feels cheap is because people started associating quality with how solid phones felt in their hand. But in all reality they are referring to the weight of a device in their hands. Somewhere along the line the feeling of "heft" became associated with quality. So when came out with the Galaxy line that were relatively light in comparison to the devices out at the time people started saying they "felt" cheap and under built when this is actually far from the truth. It's all about perception, and unfortunately reality is often substituted with perception.

The same thing happens with metals. Let's take Titanium for example...a VERY strong metal that is much stronger than steel. If the SR-71 Blackbird was made of steel instead of Titanium it would disintegrate at sustained Mach 3 speeds. But titanium is MUCH lighter than steel. I had a Tissot T-Touch Expert watch made out of titanium and for such a huge chunky watch it was extremely light. The same version in Stainless steel was incredibly heavy by comparison. Perception would say the steel watch was stronger and more durable...it couldn't be further from the truth.

And if you prefer the HTC over Samsung then it's all good...for the most part it's still an Android device (I know they also make Windows devices), and it's still overall superior to the iPhone. Google with Android is clearly taking the Wolfpack approach...whether it's HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola, Samsung, and heck even Huawei, they are all running some iteration/version of Android. So much variety, so many choices, so many build types, so many preferences, so much FREEDOM. But Samsung must be doing something right...Apple could have sued any number of companies with their weak a** patent case...but they clearly went after Samsung, and went as far as trying to block devices from being released. There's a reason for that...they know that their biggest threat is Samsung and the SGSIII is their arch-nemesis, and to a slightly smaller extent the Galaxy Nexus. Samsung and Samsung.

All due respect to HTC though...the OA (Original Android) and the first OEM for the Nexus line, and how can we forget the amazing G2 and the Incredible. The One X and One S are beasts, and the HTC Evo let us know what life was like with a bigger screen.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
The 5 should've been 4.3" at least and wide as the EVO4G, it would've been perfect

Yeah, the s3/GNex feels cheap but it's flexible and durable and you really don't have to worry bout scuffs and scratches all that much.

Not to mention the DroidXs are damn near bulletproof.

I used to have my NexusS raw and dropped it so many times, there was barely a scratch on it. Loved that damb phone. :smokin

im thinking of getting a S3 after the disappointment of the iphone 5. it will be my first android. is this jelly bean as good as everyone makes it out to be? when is the S3 getting said jelly bean

im thinking of getting a S3 after the disappointment of the iphone 5. it will be my first android. is this jelly bean as good as everyone makes it out to be? when is the S3 getting said jelly bean

I made a similar decision to stick with my S3 as well after I saw what the iPhone 5 had to offer. One of the wisest decisions you'll ever make. I know a couple of people jumping ship too once they're eligible for an upgrade.

I believe JB should start rolling out by October.

-Drew

I jumped off the Apple ship recently and i'm glad i did. I've been using iphones since the 3gs launched and was getting really tried of the boring OS. Sold my iphone 4 and copped an unlocked Nexus from Google and this phone is :pimp:. Jelly Bean is silky smooth.

Seen this in TAN..
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

tumblr_m9j8khGPDV1rwutrpo1_1280.png

tumblr_m9j8khGPDV1rwutrpo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9j8khGPDV1rwutrpo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9j8khGPDV1rwutrpo4_1280.jpg

+1 for samsung

Back
Top Bottom