• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally made the switch to android. Coming from BlackBerry 9700 its going to be an adjustment.

Now to learn the tips and tricks then start getting some apps.
Congrats on dumping your Blackberry. I moved over to Android from the 9700 too and you won't regret it. Except you'll probably go through BBM withdrawal for a bit like me

The Galaxy Nexus for Verizon

So far I'm loving it but I'm having trouble with my wireless signal. It keeps dropping randomly, so it's not staying connected.

Is there a big difference from the Galaxy S3 and the HTC One X? I've given up on my Blackberry Bold and am looking into replacing it. Any users have any input?

I've had my SGS3 for a few days now, and I gotta say that I'm lovin' it so far.

Kinda a hassle to get the white one for sprint since only BB and sprint were selling it, but thankfully BB price-matched sams club mobile price (even though it's only for the blue one) of $148.88...plus I got a $50 gift card that was used towards the phone for having signed up for some BB promotion a while back that I saw on slickdeals for renewing at BB so the phone came out to about $100 plus tax.

I really like how it looks in the clear Distronic tpu case. Put a Clarivue screen protector on it. And I got 2 Anker spare batteries for $16. Gets pretty good battery life, but I prefer swapping out spares charged on an external battery charger than having to charge the phone.

what's the next big tech innovation to be implemented into the next generation of smartphones (aside from processor and screen res improvements)? trying to figure out if i should just get a sgs3 now even though i can wait it out for the next nexus or the sgs4

The Galaxy Nexus for Verizon
So far I'm loving it but I'm having trouble with my wireless signal. It keeps dropping randomly, so it's not staying connected.
That phone has well documented radio issues. Samsung's radios are extremely poor

Last edited:
Is there a big difference from the Galaxy S3 and the HTC One X? I've given up on my Blackberry Bold and am looking into replacing it. Any users have any input?
There is a big difference.
S3 has more features. But cheaply built.
Great camera
Removable battery and SD slot

OneX is better built but no SD slot or removable battery.
Camera could better.
I'm on the EvoLTE (OneX for sprint) and I like it over the S3.

Last edited:
No, not yet. Would that make a difference or is it a hardware issue?
It's definitely a hardware issue but since Jelly Bean is new software i'm quite sure Google has tried to improve the radio as much as they can even though the radio itself is poor.

Great camera
Camera could better.
Exactly pictures

Great camera
Camera could better.

Agreed cept the screen on the one x is better, the camera thing is kinda subjective, the saturation on their pics differ, I've heard diff things about both phones cameras. At the end of the day you can't go wrong with either.... Either one you pick you are sacrificing something. Just depends on what's important to you.

[h1]Rumored HTC One X+ with 1.7GHz Tegra 3 revealed in NenaMark report?[/h1]
By Terrence O'Brien    posted Aug 3rd 2012 9:27PM

8-3-2012htcpm63100.jpg

We've heard murmurings of it before, but they've been just that. Now we've got the first shred of hard evidence that the fabled HTC One X+ is actually real. Rumored to be heading to T-Mobile (or AT&T, depending on who you ask), this 1.7GHz super phone popped up over at NenaMark's site, bearing the model number PM63100. Sadly, that internal moniker doesn't really reveal much, but between that and the fact that it's running Jelly Bean 4.1.1  we're confident this isn't something already on the market. And the reported resolution of 1280 x 720 combined with its high-speed Tegra 3  innards puts this squarely in flagship territory. What else do we know? Not a whole heck of a lot. But, as always, the truth will be revealed in time.

[table][tr][td]
post_label_VIA.gif
Android and MeLand of Droid

post_label_source.gif
NenaMark
[/td][/tr][/table]

post_icon_comment_tail.gif

Leave A Comment

[h1]PSA: Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners now have direct access to Google Wallet[/h1]
By Joseph Volpe    posted Aug 2nd 2012 6:29PM

Nobody puts Google Wallet  in the corner for long, not even Big Red. Though the carrier courted controversy late last year by withholding support  for the burgeoning NFC-based platform amidst security concerns, it appears to have finally changed tack. Owners of that LTE Galaxy Nexus variant  are now reporting the ability to access the app from the Play store, no workarounds necessary. Though we weren't able to verify the success of that particular method -- no results surfaced during a quick store search -- we did have success downloading the application to our stock, unrooted device using a direct market link. We've since reached out to Verizon for official comment on the matter, but have yet to hear back. In the meantime, if you've been itching to give Mountain View's brand of mobile payment a go, hit up the source link below and let us know how you fare in the comments.

[Thanks, Keith]

[table][tr][td]
post_label_source.gif
Google Play
[/td][/tr][/table]

Exactly pictures
Agreed cept the screen on the one x is better, the camera thing is kinda subjective, the saturation on their pics differ, I've heard diff things about both phones cameras. At the end of the day you can't go wrong with either.... Either one you pick you are sacrificing something. Just depends on what's important to you.
Between the two phones, are these the best Android phones out at the moment?

[COLOR=#red]The Boss phones for Android are indeed the GNEX, One X (Evo LTE), and the SGSIII. You can throw the Note in there too especially since it got ICS. The One X has already been promised Jellybean in the not so distant future, SGSIII will get it too and will not have to wait as long at the SGSII had to wait for ICS...this has been all but confirmed. The Note 2 will be Android's Flagship phone and by all accounts it will have Jellybean, and to be released in the next two months internationally...that means the US release will lag behind sadly :frown:

Good time to be an Android owner I'll say. Some amazing devices across the board.[/COLOR]

Well I exchanged my Nexus for a replacement and I far so good with the signal staying connected.

This is a pretty awesome. I'm not used to a touchscreen but I'm getting used to it..

Well...I ended up picking up a white Galaxy S3...Time to get used to using a touchscreen phone again. I'm excited.

Back
Top Bottom