Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Code:
They did. I got 25GB on my One X.
Jokes on you. The guy on CL won.

Actually the joke is on you. You can get $275 for the Note at Best Buy. I just did that last week. My wife's Note got $375 on the trade in because she had BB's trade in plan. Mine didn't but I still got $275.

HTC is struggling. Just read a Wall Street Journal article this morning (Aug 8 2012) and it chronicles the woes of HTC. Apple and Samsung is kicking their ****. They were expecting the One series to save them, but that didn't happen. To me they made stupid mistakes to a phone that could have been a game changer...no capacity upgrade (SD), a relatively small (1800mah) non replaceable battery. Galaxy S3 came out with up to 64mb capacity upgrade, removable 2100mah battery, and some unique software enhancements as well as an advertising blitz.

[COLOR=#red]By the way guys. The LTE phones for Verizon are using SIM cards now...what does that mean??? That FINALLY us Verizon'ers can have the convenience and functionality of SIM cards and switch phones without calling Verizon customer service...the downside is that it's only for the new LTE phones, but as time goes on there will be more LTE hpones which means more phones in which we can switch SIMs with.[/COLOR]
Sorry but you're wrong about this.. The LTE sims are only for data, calling is still CDMA. You can put your LTE sim in an iPad or something though.

Went to DL the API for flash but there was a disclaimer saying dling it for my software can destabilize my device. Is this true or will I be alright?

article_label_fileunder.gif
 Cellphones
[h1]Is this the Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Image posted on official site looks worryingly familiar[/h1]
By Sharif Sakr    posted Aug 8th 2012 6:44AM

Hmmm, this is a strange one. Samsung Pakistan just posted the above pic on its official Facebook page. The caption reads, "Picture perfect view made even more perfect with Samsung Galaxy S3," but the picture clearly isn't of a GS III. So, what is it? It's big, that's for sure, and the bezel is quite the opposite. Dare we hope it's a next-gen Galaxy Note, or is it simply render fodder that has been re-posted by Samsung accidentally? There's one big reason to be skeptical, which is that this exact same pic already did the rounds as a potential GS III image before that flagship was launched. The only difference here is that it's on an official outlet, which implies the jpeg in question could be sitting on a member of staff's hard drive.

Oh, and since our brows are already furrowed with doubt, we may as well throw in another rumor that's going about today, which might actually connect with the notion of a thin bezel and no home button.Korea Times  is reporting that the Galaxy Note 2 will have a slightly expanded 5.5-inch display that just happens to be flexible -- or at least curved by the time it leaves the factory. We can't vouch for the trustworthiness of their sources, especially since we're still waiting on that 7.85-inch iPad Mini, but then again, Samsung has been exploring flexible AMOLED  for ages, not to mention bezel-free panels (see More Coverage).

Update:  And just like that, the Samsung Pakistan Facebook page has disappeared. For the sake of posterity (not least our own), we've kept a record of it after the break. Roll on, August 15th.

Update:  As keen-eyed commenters have spotted, the page has re-appeared with the photo now captioned as a "Galaxy Note." Mind-boggling.

Update:  Now the Facebook pic is truly dead. It's almost a relief. We've linked the main Samsung Pakistan page instead.

[Thanks, Kashif and Leonard]

galaxy-note-2-screengrab.jpg

[table][tr][td]
post_label_source.gif
Korea TimesSamsung Pakistan (Facebook)
[/td][/tr][/table]

If this is the Note 2 it's gorgeous , love the edge to edge display.

article_label_fileunder.gif

Cellphones

[h1]Is this the Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Image posted on official site looks worryingly familiar[/h1]

By Sharif Sakr 
 posted Aug 8th 2012 6:44AM

[FLOAT=LEFT] [/FLOAT]

Hmmm, this is a strange one. Samsung Pakistan just posted the above pic on its official Facebook page. The caption reads, "Picture perfect view made even more perfect with Samsung Galaxy S3," but the picture clearly isn't of a GS III. So, what is it? It's big, that's for sure, and the bezel is quite the opposite. Dare we hope it's a next-gen Galaxy Note, or is it simply render fodder that has been re-posted by Samsung accidentally? There's one big reason to be skeptical, which is that this exact same pic already did the rounds as a potential GS III image before that flagship was launched. The only difference here is that it's on an official outlet, which implies the jpeg in question could be sitting on a member of staff's hard drive.

Oh, and since our brows are already furrowed with doubt, we may as well throw in another rumor that's going about today, which might actually connect with the notion of a thin bezel and no home button.Korea Times is reporting that the Galaxy Note 2 will have a slightly expanded 5.5-inch display that just happens to be flexible -- or at least curved by the time it leaves the factory. We can't vouch for the trustworthiness of their sources, especially since we're still waiting on that 7.85-inch iPad Mini, but then again, Samsung has been exploring flexible AMOLED for ages, not to mention bezel-free panels (see More Coverage).

Update: And just like that, the Samsung Pakistan Facebook page has disappeared. For the sake of posterity (not least our own), we've kept a record of it after the break. Roll on, August 15th.

Update: As keen-eyed commenters have spotted, the page has re-appeared with the photo now captioned as a "Galaxy Note." Mind-boggling.

Update: Now the Facebook pic is truly dead. It's almost a relief. We've linked the main Samsung Pakistan page instead.

[Thanks, Kashif and Leonard]

galaxy-note-2-screengrab.jpg

[table][tr][td]
[FLOAT=LEFT] [/FLOAT]

post_label_source.gif
Korea TimesSamsung Pakistan (Facebook)

[/td]

[/tr][/table]

If this is the Note 2 it's gorgeous , love the edge to edge display.

Yes gawd, I remember when that image first appeared a few months ago, I was praying it would be the Galaxy S3...but yeah if thats the NOTE 2...ima trade in my S3 lol

whats a good walk-through to install jellybean on a sprint galaxy nexus

I have never rooted or done any of that stuff to a phone before

Please lord let that be the Note 2..

On this HTC/Samsung bs.. go with whatever phone you prefer got damn... But Sense is just as doodoo as TW

So I copped me a Google nexus and now know I can't put in my memory card. Any other way I can have more memory?

Sorry but you're wrong about this.. The LTE sims are only for data, calling is still CDMA. You can put your LTE sim in an iPad or something though.

I'm pretty sure he asked about just being able to switch phones. Which in that case, yes you can switch phones by switching sim cards as long as they are both the same size. no need to call customer service.

Last edited:
Whats the best android phone out for T-Mobile right now? Im still using my HTC Sensation. Had it since it first came out. I just want a something new lol.

Four days in using my new Samsung Galaxy S3...I love it. The Android OS is very nice to use. Definitely more customizable than iOS. Still learning a lot about this phone. But I am definitely happy with my purchase.

So I copped me a Google nexus and now know I can't put in my memory card. Any other way I can have more memory?
The two first things you need to do.

1) Upload music collection to Google Music http://music.google.com/.  It streams your entire collection from the cloud, and you can also store whatever select music you want locally on the device for when you dont have data/WiFi access.

2) Upload other miscellaneous stuff to Google Drive https://drive.google.com/  , Dropbox, Box, etc.

16 Gigs is plenty for anything else you may have. The phone is meant for you to take advantage of cloud storage.  I have my documents, my videos, hundreds of pictures i've taken, plenty apps, and access to the thousands of songs in my music library, and still have plenty space on my Nexus.  There's really no need for a micro sd honestly.

[COLOR=#red]I'm not entirely wrong...[/COLOR]

If ever there were a way to distinguish jetset types from stateside-bound citizens, it'd be by the flavor of their wireless network. While GSM and its easily swappable SIMs have long been the world standard, CDMA networks like Verizon have had to offer special global-ready handsets to accommodate the flighty. It wasn't until Big Red's latest crop of LTE devices (see: Droid 4 and LG Spectrum), that the carrier's begun the process of enabling previously inaccessible world roaming capabilities. Now, joining that very shortlist is none other than Samsung's newest flagship, the Galaxy S III. As the operator confirmed to the folks over at PhoneScoop, the feature won't be accessible in time for the phone's launch, but will, instead, come in the form of an OTA at an unspecified date. As if you needed any more reason to run out and pre-order this svelte beauty come tomorrow, the operator's just sweetened the pot.

EWD, that just means you can use the GS3 overseas.. Still can't switch handsets sadly. CDMA is just set up so that you can't do that and please believe they don't wanna give us that option.

Back
Top Bottom