• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been rockin Airdroid , the app comes through in the clutch especially when my jack is charging 
smokin.gif

[h1]Samsung supposedly set to produce 350 ppi OLED display[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | Jul 28 2012 | 7:13 pm  | 25 COMMENTS

gnex-onex-720.jpg

One of the physical drawbacks of OLED  (Organic Light Emitting Diode) displays is that the manufacturing process can't quite reach the insane pixel density that traditional LCD makers can. We can argue about saturation, color representation, and pentile until we're blue in the face, but this particular issue is backed by real numbers, and because of it, high-end LCD displays like the ones on the HTC One X  are more crisp and clear in some areas. 

That all may be changing soon, if we're to believe a report from Korea that Samsung has perfected their FMM (Fine Metal Mask) production techniques to produce OLED displays at up to 350 ppi. In comparison, the iPhone 4S  display (labeled as "retina") is 326 ppi. More pixels per inch (that's what ppi stands for) means cleaner lines on text and image borders, and is generally considered a good thing. 

We'll keep our eyes on this one, and if it turns out to be true we should be seeing some interesting screens on Samsung phones late this year. We like interesting.

Source: ETNews  (Korean); via  OLED-Info

Thinking about getting the gnex from google play for 350, I use simple mobile service (tmobile towers) in order to get 4g on it would I need to flash any radios or

do anything special or is it as simple as popping in my sim and im all set?

Thanks

Thinking about getting the gnex from google play for 350, I use simple mobile service (tmobile towers) in order to get 4g on it would I need to flash any radios or

do anything special or is it as simple as popping in my sim and im all set?

Thanks
Just pop the sim in and go.

Is anyone having a problem using Tapatalk? I keep getting a "failed to connect to forum" message when I try to post.

Is anyone having a problem using Tapatalk? I keep getting a "failed to connect to forum" message when I try to post.

I think it has problems posting on large thread that have over 100 pages, cause i can post on pages that have like 1 or 2. Must be bug or something.

[h1]T-Mobile Galaxy Note price and availability: $249 on Aug. 8[/h1]

By Andrew Martonik   | Jul 30 2012 | 12:00 pm  | 10 COMMENTS

dsc06169.jpg

Yeah, we know that T-Mobile's take on the Samsung Galaxy Note is already officially official, but now its really super-duper official, and we've got all the gritty details. The magenta network is launching the Note on Aug. 8 for $249.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate (c'mon, stop it with those) and an industry-standard two-year contract. If you elect to go with one of T-Mobile's Value Plans, it'll cost you $199.99 up-front, and $20 installments thereafter until the handset is paid off.

As far as specs, it's pretty much the same Note we've seen before, with a gigantic 5.3-inch 800x1280 screen, dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage and the addition of a 42mbps HSPA+ radio for T-Mobile's "4G" network.

Interested in knowing every bit of information possible about the Note? Of course you are. Be sure to read our full review, and check the official press release after the break.

Source: T-Mobile Newsroom

Samsung readying 11.8-inch tablet with 'retina' display, say court documents

Court documents made public in the epic Apple v. Samsung trial that kicked off in California today reveal that Samsung is working on a tablet codenamed "P10" that would include LTE connectivity and an 11.8-inch display at 2560 x 1600 (WQXGA) resolution. With the new iPad, Apple has pushed the issue of so-called Retina displays in the tablet form factor — and it's no surprise that Samsung, one of the world's largest suppliers of LCDs and AMOLEDs — would be pushing for a screen to match in its own Galaxy line as quickly as possible. Though 11.8 inches might be on the hairy edge for tablet portability, the P10 would still qualify as a Retina-like device with a pixel density of 256 ppi.

BGR first broke news of a large, high-resolution Samsung tablet late last year, which had been pegged for a "likely" Mobile World Congress reveal — it seems that the Korean company's plans may have slipped several months, though the court documents simply refer to it as a 2012 product. There's an event taking place in mid-August in New York City, which we're hearing will be for the revised Galaxy Note 10.1; might we also see a Galaxy Tab 11.8 there?

Thanks, Slide83!

can someone recommend me a jelly bean rom for VZW GNEX :nerd:?

Never mind. :smokin Jelly Belly Rom Smoother than eggs.

Last edited:
[h2] [/h2]
[h2]Wikipad gaming tablet specs revealed, Tegra 3 and Jelly Bean[/h2]

By Richard Devine   | Jul 31 2012 | 5:41 am  | 3 COMMENTS

wikipad.jpg

What we see here is the Wikipad, a gaming centered Android tablet that first made an appearance atCES  in Las Vegas. In an interview with the guys over at Venturebeat, the hardware specs of the device were revealed in full. And it reads pretty nicely. 

Powering the Wikipad is a 1.4GHz Tegra 3, RAM is set at 1GB and onboard storage sits at 16GB. The storage could still be increased however prior to any actual launch of the device. Which version of Android will we see, Gingerbread? Ice Cream Sandwich? No. At launch the Wikipad will be runningAndroid 4.1 Jelly Bean. Cameras, they're included too and there is an 8MP shooter on the back, and a 2MP on the front.

The key to the gaming credentials lie within that pretty spectacular looking gamepad dock peripheral. Many might be expecting to have to shell out some of their hard earned green for it, but happily that isn't the case. The gamepad will be included in the box with every Wikipad purchased. It doesn't hide away any of the tablet's ports or speakers either, so it can pretty much live in this state round the clock if desired. 

Talk of a gaming focused device wouldn't be complete with talk of the screen. There isn't anything groundbreaking, but what there is should do the job well enough. The 10.1 inch display is an IPS panel running at 1280x800. For future models, glasses-free 3D may be considered -- although personally, we kind of hope it isn't. 

But what about battery life, a potential stumbling block for a device such as this. Apparently the battery is good enough to power 6 hours of continuous gaming, and 8 hours of video playback. Again, not groundbreaking but adequate for most prospective buyers. 

No specific pricing or release dates were discussed, although the intention is to ship the Wikipad before the end of the year. That leaves plenty of time to get it on to your Christmas lists. 

Ships with Jellybean , HD IPS display , 8 Megapixel camera, 16GB of storage (possibly more),  a bundled gamepad, and Tegra 3 ? Might have to cop one just to play my SNES, Genesis, and N64 ROMS. Hopefully it's $250 I can't see myself paying more than that .

Last edited:
Verizon S3 Owners, Where are y'all copping cases? I prefer something in store. The verizon cases are a joke. I want something that wont add bulk but still adds some protection. Screen protectors? I dont want that orange peel feel or mess with the HD screen look. Any help?

Finally got the ICS update on my SG2 and nothing really changed except that it runs a little slower. :smh: Not too surprised as a lot of people have been complaining about it.

Jus cracked my s3 screen already... phone is piff but build quality is piss poor... time for a case for the next one

Back
Top Bottom