Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ordered the nexus S for att....cant wait
did you mean galaxy nexus?

if you did get the nexus S you still good though
smokin.gif
my girls nexus S got jelly bean few days ago
yea nexus s.....needed a cheap replacement phone till my upgrade in 3 months..so i said minuswell go android

if i like it ill may get the best available nexus phone

yea nexus s.....needed a cheap replacement phone till my upgrade in 3 months..so i said minuswell go android

if i like it ill may get the best available nexus phone

The nexus s was the best replacement phone I've ever had. Root day bad boy and have fun with an endless selection of ROMs. Or wait for the JB OTA.

has anyone upgraded their Samsung galaxy s2 from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich?
if so, have u encountered any problems?
ive heard from a few people encountering lag issues.
thanks in advance
(tmobile if it matters)

I updated my friends GS2 with kies software, relatively easy if you the kies software to upgrade. As for problems, I don't own the phone but my friend hasn't come to me about problems (I guess that's a good thing) and your going to Gingerbread to ICS...things like smoothness and battery performance were improved in the upgrade.

Dropped my phone, screen is all cracked.:frown:

[plainview] I am a sinner. I have abandoned my phone. I will never backslide. I've abandoned my phone! [/plainview]

I can't live with it in this condition. Gonna have to drop some money. :smh:

I worked there for about a year a few years back. It is a cool and fun job. The pay is also not bad depending on foot traffic at the location you will be at.
You will have your daily A-holes who come in complaining about the service, or their phone not working and expect you to fix it. The worst is people threatening to cancel service because you can't give them what they want. Customers with no insurance and no upgrade available are the worst to deal with.
One thing to keep in mind is.... Whenever a girl comes in with phone issues and hands her phone over to you to look at, make sure you look through her pics. 9 out of 10 times you will find some interesting stuff.
Girls will also hit on you constantly just for a discount or free accessories.
Good luck bro.

Thanks, i've worked at Best Buy for a few years so i'm used to the *****ing and complaining :lol:. Only difference now is all the complaints now will be regarding cell phones. Thanks again.

my s3 has been butter...

only psuedo gripe is the back can get really hot while playing gta 3 for extended periods of time or web browsing.

[h1]Sony Xperia ‘Mint’ breaks cover, exposes S4 processor, 13MP camera, and HD display in the process[/h1]
posted on Jul 26th 2012 at 8:05am by Kevin Krause

Share This Story
[img]http://phandroid.com/img/share.tt.jpg[/img]

xperia-mint.jpeg

It seems Sony is always one step behind the curve lately, releasing flagship devices like the Xperia S with specs that fall short of what users have come to expect from a high-end device. But that might be changing soon, as the latest leaked device from the Japanese electronics firm looks to go toe-to-toe with the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X. Given model number LT30p and dubbed the Sony Xperia “Mint”, the new phone sports a 720p HD display (said to be 4.3-inches, though a comparison to the GS3 suggests it may be bigger), a 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, and a 13MP camera.

xperia-mint-2.jpeg

The phone surpasses that of the upcoming Xperia GX, which has up to know boasted the most robust feature set of any Sony handset this year. The Xperia Mint is rumored to debut at IFA, so the only question remaining is when it will reach the general public and if it will launch in time to challenge competitors on an even playing field.

[MobileReview  via Engadget]

[h1]Early 'Jony' iPhone concept shows Sony design influence[/h1]
By Bryan Bishop  on 
July 26, 2012 04:26 pm440COMMENTS
20120726-14365407-jony-sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes15_1020_gallery_post_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

inShare

The Apple vs. Samsung trial  is just a few days away, but the legal proceedings are already providing insight into the inner workings of Cupertino — and how the iPhone's design team drew inspiration from Sony. A recent court filing by Samsung  reveals that in 2006 Apple industrial designer Shin Nishibori was directed to design an iPhone prototype inspired by Sony's aesthetics after Tony Fadell internally circulated an interview with a designer from the company. An assortment of renders reveal his design, complete with a Sony logo — save for one where the logo has been modified to read "Jony," presumably in honor of Apple's Jony Ive.

[h3]SONY-INSPIRED IPHONE DESIGN RENDERS[/h3]
sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes15_1020_gallery_post.jpg

VIEW FULL GALLERY

Previous

• sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes15_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes18_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes19_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes16_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes14_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes21_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes20_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes17_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes13_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes12_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes11_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes9_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes8_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes7_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes6_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes5_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes4_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes3_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes2_1020_medium.jpg
  • sony_inspired_iphone_prototypes_1020_medium.jpg

Next

Apple designer Richard Howarth took note of the renders, and in a 2006 email told Ive that that he felt the design allowed for a "much smaller-looking product with a much nicer shape" for making calls when compared to another prototype, referred to as "P2." The extruded design of the P2 bears a striking resemblance to the iPod Mini, with a large screen replacing the scroll wheel (looking at the P2 prototype also strongly brings Nokia's Lumia line to mind). Pictured with the P2 is what is clearly an early prototype for what would become the iPhone 4 and 4S sandwich design. Howarth comments that Nishibori's Sony-inspired look is "only half a step away" from what is now Cupertino's current model. In an amusing aside, Howard also tells Ive that the iPhone 4 design "looks old" when compared to the P2, but that it would be more usable.

This is no doubt just the first glimpse inside Apple's design process that we'll get thanks to the forthcoming trial. Things are scheduled to kick off on Monday, and we'll be there to bring you all the news.

Matt Macari contributed to this report.

[h3]2006 IPHONE PROTOTYPE IMAGES[/h3]
2006_iphone_prototypes_1020_gallery_post.jpg

VIEW FULL GALLERY

Previous

• 2006_iphone_prototypes_1020_medium.jpg
  • 2006_iphone_prototypes3_1020_medium.jpg
  • 2006_iphone_prototypes2_1020_medium.jpg
  • 2006_iphone_prototypes1_1020_medium.jpg

Next

[h2]IN THE ARTICLE[/h2]
Previous

[h4]Apple iPhone[/h4]
Available: Jun. 29, 2007

[h4]Apple iPhone 4 (GSM)[/h4]
Available: Jun. 7, 2010
Next

http://
[h2]THERE ARE 440  COMMENTS. ADD YOURS.[/h2]

has anyone upgraded their Samsung galaxy s2 from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich?
if so, have u encountered any problems?
ive heard from a few people encountering lag issues.
thanks in advance
(tmobile if it matters)

I posted about this a few pages back.
I ended up trading in my s2 a few days ago..
but when I did have it, a lot of programs would lag.
my phone never dropped calls but after the upgrade if would say no sim card installed
and would end up resetting.
Overall the lagging is what really pissed me off, it was a good phone before ICS.

some AOKP JellyBean Preview Build are starting to show up in forums. cant wait for the final Build. AOKP ROMS :smokin:ha t

Patiently waiting for the next Nexus smartphone. Really hope its made by HTC or Samsung (not a fan of Motorola). New G3 from T-Mobile might also peak my interest

Back
Top Bottom