• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
personally i think if a phone can't get you through a solid day of casual use ( occasional web browsing, email check, typical texting, occasional phone call) while leaving you with 20% towards the night, the phone hasn't been designed well at all.
companies try to use speed to market these phones, but moto has been the only one to market a phone strictly off battery life. quad core processors x LTE? cmon son that battery life reads terrible on paper what makes you think itll be difference in real life? who the hell needs a quad core processor? 3 yrs ago we got along fine with single core 1ghz processors, and that hasn't changed honestly.
these phones nowadays come with 1.5ghz dual core with super duper HD LED better than blu ray quad color 4D screens, with LTE and a measly little battery.
...and they try to give u a free battery with these phones? that admitting to selling a phone with a bad battery lol. this is the one thing i've always given credit to apple for, their PCB design is MUCH more space efficient than other manufacturers so they can maximize battery capacity. iphones consist mostly of battery and the actual logic board uses very little real estate. more companies need to follow. if moto can make a 20hr high end LTE phone why can't everyone else?

I pretty much agree with a lot of your points. It's certainly frustrating that batteries lag behind new cell phone tech. And all phones should be striving to put out razr maxx type battery life.

Regardless, I prefer the convenience of a removable battery. S3 can get decent battery life. I'd just rather pop in a new battery in case of emergency, and I wanna be able to conveniently change my battery once it inevitably starts to lose its charge after a while. I also find that my batteries get a fuller charge on an external battery charger. Its these factors that make me prefer a removable battery. I just don't see the convenience in non-removable.

http://gizmodo.com/5928239/this-is-...source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

This Is Why Android Can’t Have Nice Things

Kyle Wagner

Dead Trigger, a mobile video game for iOS and Android, is now free in the Google Play Store. Awesome, right? Except no. It's not awesome, since it's only free because the piracy rate for the Android version is "unbelievably high." Ugh.

It's just one example, but it's a problem that's endemic to the platform—or at least seen that way. There are a lot of things keeping developers from succeeding on, or even wading into the Android platform. Fragmentation doesn't help. But developers having to just give up charging for their game—which was only a buck!—because everyone's pirating it has to have a lot to do with it.

And look, we've given you plenty of advice about how to pirate. But in general, you want to limit those habits to things you actually own, and are being inconvenienced out of, by DRM or format or whatnot. Not every app on your mobile platform.

Pirating on Android is different than iOS because it has a much lower barrier to entry; just find a copy of the file and sideload it onto your phone. For iOS, you can jailbreak, but that's far more involved, akin to rooting an Android phone and installing a custom ROM. It's not something you'd do on a whim just because an app caught your eye, and not nearly as pervasive a practice as Android sideloading.

In the near future, Jellybean will add paid app encryption, which should make pirating significantly harder. But it's going to be a while before that offers a protective blanket to developers; with the notoriously slow and limited distribution of OS updates to Android phones, its effect will be localized to just a few handsets for the foreseeable future. This feature will be supported by Gingerbread 2.3+ handsets. Hopefully, it will genuinely help curb piracy in the way Bouncer has cleaned up malware. But we'll see—piracy is nothing if not unrelenting.

Until this problem corrects itself, iOS is going to continue to obliterate Android in app profits. And as long as that keeps up, Android's going to keep getting second-rate effort from good developers, and inferior versions of good apps. And that's not fair to anybody. [Verge]

Great points Sreggie.

If motorola can throw in a 3300mah battery into phone and keep very thin. Other Manufactures should be doing the same for there hi-end phones. Battery technology is some what of up and down roller coaster cause there is little innovation to create long lasting batteries that isn't about how much "mah" it has but the chemical process that goes into making them efficient and reliable. Internal batteries have the advantage more that external batteries cause you can mold them and shape them to the structure of the device, you create more space and allow it carry more "mah". External batteries can't do that so you basically have to design around it and hopefully keeping a thin profile. However the "Android fan boys" want that ability to do what they want to it throw in fat aftermarket battery, sd cards, laser beams, coffee makers in there phones. Manufactures still want to please a few. However I do see manufactures moving towards internal batteries cause like describe you can pack more power with internal batteries and if they keep packing these quad-core chips, 2GB of ram, 1080p displays, 4G LTE you'll need crazy amounts of energy for those components alone.

[table][tr][th=""]S4 Pro MDP (APQ8064)[/th][th=""]Nexus 7 (Tegra 3)[/th][th=""]Galaxy S III (Exynos 4412)[/th][th=""]One X (Tegra 3)[/th][th=""]Galaxy S III (AT&T, MSM8960)[/th][th=""]One X (AT&T, MSM8960)[/th][/tr][tr][td]Quadrant[/td][td]7,698[/td][td]3,501[/td][td]4,454[/td][td]4,906[/td][td]5,084[/td][td]4,784[/td][/tr][tr][td]Vellamo[/td][td]2,538[/td][td]1,650[/td][td]1,751[/td][td]1,617[/td][td]2,153[/td][td]2,259[/td][/tr][tr][td]AnTuTu[/td][td]13,826[/td][td]8,995[/td][td]11,960[/td][td]11,030[/td][td]6,713[/td][td]6,956[/td][/tr][tr][td]SunSpider 0.9.1 (ms)[/td][td]1,227[/td][td]1,785[/td][td]1,460[/td][td]1,773[/td][td]1,926[/td][td]1,453[/td][/tr][tr][td]GLBenchmark Egypt Offscreen (fps)[/td][td]132[/td][td]63[/td][td]99[/td][td]63[/td][td]54[/td][td]56[/td][/tr][tr][td]CF-Bench[/td][td]18,219[/td][td]11,807[/td][td]13,110[/td][td]13,233[/td][td]9,439[/td][td]9,479[/td][/tr][tr][td]SunSpider: lower scores are better[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][/tr][/table]
Snapdragon S4 Pro just obliterates everything else in benchmarks , hopefully it powers the next Nexus

ZRXQj.png

please god

[h1]HTC One X+ coming to T-Mobile with blazing 1.7GHz quad-core processor[/h1]
By: Brad Reed  | Jul 25th, 2012 at 04:10PM

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]8[/color]  Comments
Filed Under: MobileRumor

TmoNews  reports that T-Mobile will soon get a souped-up version of the HTC  (2498) One X dubbed the One X+. The “+,” in case you’re wondering, refers to the handset’s Tegra 3+ chipset, a quad-core processor that clocks in at a very speedy 1.7GHz. TmoNews  says that this super-fast new device will be available from T-Mobile  sometime this September. The original One X launched earlier this year on AT&T  (T) and featured a comparatively wimpy dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor along with a 4.6-inch 720p HD display and an 8-megapixel camera.

Read

[h1]HTC One X+ coming to T-Mobile with blazing 1.7GHz quad-core processor[/h1]
By: Brad Reed  | Jul 25th, 2012 at 04:10PM

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]8[/color]  Comments
Filed Under: MobileRumor

TmoNews  reports that T-Mobile will soon get a souped-up version of the HTC  (2498) One X dubbed the One X+. The “+,” in case you’re wondering, refers to the handset’s Tegra 3+ chipset, a quad-core processor that clocks in at a very speedy 1.7GHz. TmoNews  says that this super-fast new device will be available from T-Mobile  sometime this September. The original One X launched earlier this year on AT&T  (T) and featured a comparatively wimpy dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor along with a 4.6-inch 720p HD display and an 8-megapixel camera.

Read
S4 is wimpy though ? LOL

of course not, the dude who want to trade clearly don't like htc sense, but if you wana play smart, do the trade sell the one x and get like $400 for it and buy another GNEX from google play store for $349. You might walk away with a W.

I was thinking about doing this. But man the HTC One X is nice. The screen is amazing, and the new sense actually isnt that bad when you download a bloat free rom. But the GNexus is great if you want Roms and most up to date software. Im still thinking about getting the GNexus haha.

question about removable batteries.

what are you dudes carrying around your batteries in? a man purse? wallet? pocket?

I guess if you got a backpack that works, but as someone who doesn't always have a pack
how do you tote around an extra battery without having all this other stuff? (keys, wallet, phone, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
what are you dudes carrying around your batteries in? a man purse? wallet? pocket?
I guess if you got a backpack that works, but as someone who doesn't always w
, how do you tote around an extra battery without having all this other stuff? (keys, wallet, phone, etc.)
I usually don't need to carry my 2nd battery with me, but when I do it is usually in the car. If not then summer time I'm usually in cargo shorts so I just toss it in one of the pockets and in the winter it's in my jacket pocket.

I guess if you got a backpack that works, but as someone who doesn't always w
, how do you tote around an extra battery without having all this other stuff? (keys, wallet, phone, etc.)
depends on the person. i usually only carry my car key and my house key when i go out so they dont take up alotta space. then in my back pocket i have wallet in one front pocket is my phone and the other front pocket is keys and battery. and smartphone batteries are very small and compact u wont really notice it 

but now that i have the evo lte i dont need an extra battery.

The Nexus S?

We need bench warmers for "Team Nexus" 8)

If its your 1st time buying a Android device always go with the highest spec to enjoy the experience of good hardware and software so won't making complaints like "this phone sucks im going get the iphone5" If you spend more money than there won't be any problem about the choice you made.

Last edited:
would you guys do this trade? trade my rezound for incredible 4g... i like my rezound but its a lil bulky for me and i think the incredible would be perfect... only problem is i used my upgrade already so i have to buy the incredible out of contract... i was thinking of selling my rezound then buying the incredible... if not selling on ebay where is the best place to trade old phones and get cash back for it

Not really android related but have any of you ever worked for T-mobile as far as sales positions go? Might have an interview with them soon, full time hourly position with commission. Pros/cons working for them? Thanks.

Not really android related but have any of you ever worked for T-mobile as far as sales positions go? Might have an interview with them soon, full time hourly position with commission. Pros/cons working for them? Thanks.

I worked there for about a year a few years back. It is a cool and fun job. The pay is also not bad depending on foot traffic at the location you will be at.
You will have your daily A-holes who come in complaining about the service, or their phone not working and expect you to fix it. The worst is people threatening to cancel service because you can't give them what they want. Customers with no insurance and no upgrade available are the worst to deal with.
One thing to keep in mind is.... Whenever a girl comes in with phone issues and hands her phone over to you to look at, make sure you look through her pics. 9 out of 10 times you will find some interesting stuff.
Girls will also hit on you constantly just for a discount or free accessories.

Good luck bro.

has anyone upgraded their Samsung galaxy s2 from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich?
if so, have u encountered any problems?
ive heard from a few people encountering lag issues.
thanks in advance
(tmobile if it matters)

Back
Top Bottom