• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just saw a website with some of the supposed specs of the phone. It is probably unaccurate, but it paints a picture of what the phone will be able to do. Sorry folks, no breaking news here

I just saw a website with some of the supposed specs of the phone. It is probably unaccurate, but it paints a picture of what the phone will be able to do. Sorry folks, no breaking news here

samsunggalaxynote.png

Well let's get this right out there: No need to hide it, as it will come up a lot: the Galaxy Note is a big damn phone. While one of my complaints about the Motorola Droid RAZR was it's size in the hand.

For some reason it didn't seem to bother me as much with this Tabphone. Maybe because subconsciously my brain is thinking it's more of a tablet and less of a phone. That said, it's a solid mix of the two.

With a 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED screen on the front, giving you a 1280 x 800 pixel count, you won't have to squint anymore. It truly is one of the best displays I have ever seen on any device.

Let's talk about some inside components of note: 1.5 Dual-core Snapdragon processor, 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage and a microSD slot as well for that extra storage. Bluetooth 3.0 to help connect with hands free devices along with the 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi connectivity. As far as radio bands, you've got GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and of course LTE bands.

You have an 8-megapixel camera in the back teamed up with an LED flash, capable of capturing 1080p/30 fps footage, with a 2-megapixel front facing camera. There are capacitive touch buttons on the bottom representing the Home, Menu, Back and Search functions. Around the device you have a 3.5mm headphone jack, the power/lock button and the volume rocker, the microUSB jack and what is that?...oh right - the S Pen.

Here is a picture I took comparing the size of my Galaxy Note to the Samsung Galaxy S II.

2586ys7.jpg

samsunggalaxynote.png

Well let's get this right out there: No need to hide it, as it will come up a lot: the Galaxy Note is a big damn phone. While one of my complaints about the Motorola Droid RAZR was it's size in the hand.

For some reason it didn't seem to bother me as much with this Tabphone. Maybe because subconsciously my brain is thinking it's more of a tablet and less of a phone. That said, it's a solid mix of the two.

With a 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED screen on the front, giving you a 1280 x 800 pixel count, you won't have to squint anymore. It truly is one of the best displays I have ever seen on any device.

Let's talk about some inside components of note: 1.5 Dual-core Snapdragon processor, 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage and a microSD slot as well for that extra storage. Bluetooth 3.0 to help connect with hands free devices along with the 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi connectivity. As far as radio bands, you've got GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and of course LTE bands.

You have an 8-megapixel camera in the back teamed up with an LED flash, capable of capturing 1080p/30 fps footage, with a 2-megapixel front facing camera. There are capacitive touch buttons on the bottom representing the Home, Menu, Back and Search functions. Around the device you have a 3.5mm headphone jack, the power/lock button and the volume rocker, the microUSB jack and what is that?...oh right - the S Pen.

Here is a picture I took comparing the size of my Galaxy Note to the Samsung Galaxy S II.

2586ys7.jpg

I'm sorry but the Galaxy Note is OD
eek.gif

Do they even make a case for that
laugh.gif

Just want the Nexus LTE to come to Sprint already...

eek.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cubanref

eek.gif

laugh.gif

All you need is screen protector for the Note. It fits surprisingly good in your pocket since it's so slim, and it isn't very heavy either. Once this gets ICS at the end of March it blows anything Android related out of the water until the SGS3 comes out, and even then I can't go back to a small screen anymore so I'll just wait for the Note2 to come out.

eek.gif

laugh.gif

All you need is screen protector for the Note. It fits surprisingly good in your pocket since it's so slim, and it isn't very heavy either. Once this gets ICS at the end of March it blows anything Android related out of the water until the SGS3 comes out, and even then I can't go back to a small screen anymore so I'll just wait for the Note2 to come out.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
I'm tempted to buy it because it's so obnoxiously big and probably won't even fit in my pockets 
laugh.gif
It's ridiculous but awesome at the same time.  I've been wanting a new phone and tablet and this is like a hybrid of the two.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
I'm tempted to buy it because it's so obnoxiously big and probably won't even fit in my pockets 
laugh.gif
It's ridiculous but awesome at the same time.  I've been wanting a new phone and tablet and this is like a hybrid of the two.

Originally Posted by shogun

eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It'll fit in your pocket. Well not skinny jeans but almost anything else. Yeah it's the perfect compromise between a phone and a tablet. Almost all the apps got reworked for it...the calendar app is so much better than what's on the SGSII that I might even use it, also FB look incredible on it...it utilizes the extra screen size in a really good manner. Typing with both thumbs works better than anything I've ever used. All you need is a really good bluetooth headset or a pair of inline mic headphones and you are good. I wouldn't put this behemoth to my ear though, wold be too ridiculous.

Originally Posted by shogun

eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It'll fit in your pocket. Well not skinny jeans but almost anything else. Yeah it's the perfect compromise between a phone and a tablet. Almost all the apps got reworked for it...the calendar app is so much better than what's on the SGSII that I might even use it, also FB look incredible on it...it utilizes the extra screen size in a really good manner. Typing with both thumbs works better than anything I've ever used. All you need is a really good bluetooth headset or a pair of inline mic headphones and you are good. I wouldn't put this behemoth to my ear though, wold be too ridiculous.

Main reason why I'm so excited about MWC. If this doesn't come to VZW idk what I'll do
frown.gif

[h1]HTC One X rumored with on-screen buttons only, more specs leak[/h1]

HTC One X, formerly known as the HTC Endeavor, is shaping up to be one Android Ice Cream Sandwich device worth its salt. The latest spill about it says that it won't have any hardware buttons but the power/lock and the volume keys on the sides, taking advantage of the onscreen buttons opportunity that came with ICS. 
[table][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
In the first leaked render below it seemed that the device has capacitive buttons under the display, but in the recently leaked ROM from the HTC One X it was with "soft" back and home buttons strip at the top, so if the above rumor is true - whew, we thought no manufacturer outside the Nexus line will be brave enough to risk it with virtual buttons only!
It is also said to be very thin, at 0.35" (8.8mm), without compromising HTC's sturdy looks and tank-like build quality, and feature the staple amber/green LED notification light. 

The rest of the specs are what you can expect from the first flagships for the year - 4.7" HD display with the Super LCD-2 tech and optical lamination, a quad-core Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP camera with BSI sensor and 1.3MP front-facer. 

We are a little worried about the 1800mAh battery powering such a monster for long hours, but let's not prejudge. The phone is, after all, rumored to be already on order by 20+ carriers, so there must be something enticing in it for sure.

[table][tr][td]
HTC-One-X-2.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]
Another interesting decision is to leave out the microSD slot and hop directly to 32GB of internal storage. Does that mean a Google Drive launch is imminent? We'll see, but the 32GB are accessible in mass memory mode, which is great. Also, the HTC One X is to come with a microSIM slot as is increasingly becoming the trend, and 21Mbps HSPA+ radio.

As for accessories, the phone will be fully Beats Audio branded, and feature a 5-pin dock connector for a rumored speaker dock, and also a Bluetooth speaker bar is said to be unveiled. These are maybe a sign that HTC indeed plans to launch its own music streaming service, in cooperation with Beats Audio's Jimmy Iovine, and is equipping its flagship handset now in sync with its quality sound status.

We are most excited about the onscreen button configuration, though, meaning that the handset might have crammed a 4.7-incher in a body reserved for 4.3" phones, and that was precisely the point. But let's see what gets unveiled at MWC, we can't wait to handle the dimensions and see if the HTC One X will be the first truly Android ICS phone, virtual buttons and all.

Main reason why I'm so excited about MWC. If this doesn't come to VZW idk what I'll do
frown.gif

[h1]HTC One X rumored with on-screen buttons only, more specs leak[/h1]

HTC One X, formerly known as the HTC Endeavor, is shaping up to be one Android Ice Cream Sandwich device worth its salt. The latest spill about it says that it won't have any hardware buttons but the power/lock and the volume keys on the sides, taking advantage of the onscreen buttons opportunity that came with ICS. 
[table][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
In the first leaked render below it seemed that the device has capacitive buttons under the display, but in the recently leaked ROM from the HTC One X it was with "soft" back and home buttons strip at the top, so if the above rumor is true - whew, we thought no manufacturer outside the Nexus line will be brave enough to risk it with virtual buttons only!
It is also said to be very thin, at 0.35" (8.8mm), without compromising HTC's sturdy looks and tank-like build quality, and feature the staple amber/green LED notification light. 

The rest of the specs are what you can expect from the first flagships for the year - 4.7" HD display with the Super LCD-2 tech and optical lamination, a quad-core Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP camera with BSI sensor and 1.3MP front-facer. 

We are a little worried about the 1800mAh battery powering such a monster for long hours, but let's not prejudge. The phone is, after all, rumored to be already on order by 20+ carriers, so there must be something enticing in it for sure.

[table][tr][td]
HTC-One-X-2.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]
Another interesting decision is to leave out the microSD slot and hop directly to 32GB of internal storage. Does that mean a Google Drive launch is imminent? We'll see, but the 32GB are accessible in mass memory mode, which is great. Also, the HTC One X is to come with a microSIM slot as is increasingly becoming the trend, and 21Mbps HSPA+ radio.

As for accessories, the phone will be fully Beats Audio branded, and feature a 5-pin dock connector for a rumored speaker dock, and also a Bluetooth speaker bar is said to be unveiled. These are maybe a sign that HTC indeed plans to launch its own music streaming service, in cooperation with Beats Audio's Jimmy Iovine, and is equipping its flagship handset now in sync with its quality sound status.

We are most excited about the onscreen button configuration, though, meaning that the handset might have crammed a 4.7-incher in a body reserved for 4.3" phones, and that was precisely the point. But let's see what gets unveiled at MWC, we can't wait to handle the dimensions and see if the HTC One X will be the first truly Android ICS phone, virtual buttons and all.

That note is looking real good right now. I'm due for an upgrade in four days and i'm really tempted to get one. Considering waiting until June to see if the Iphone 5 comes out also. I've been using iphones the last four years so jumping to Android will be a big change.

Question for you guys that switch phones often. Since i'm unsure of Android i'm thinking of getting the Galaxy Note and trying it out. Says theirs a 30 day return policy, if i do end up returning it am i locked into the new contract i sign when i first get the phone. Since i'll have to re sign a two year contract in order to get the phone for $299 i don't want to be locked in for two years again and not be able to get a discount on the future iphone. If i don't like it i'm gonna return it and wait for the iphone 5.

One more question, i have all my music on my mac in itunes right now which obviously syncs seamlessly with my iphone. Read up on programs like doubletwist and isyncr to put my music on to any future android device i potentially may get. Is their anything out their that transfers digital copies of movies that i currently have in itunes into an android phone? I've got a few movies that i have digital copies from when i bought the blu rays that i have in itunes/my phone that i watch when i travel. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

That note is looking real good right now. I'm due for an upgrade in four days and i'm really tempted to get one. Considering waiting until June to see if the Iphone 5 comes out also. I've been using iphones the last four years so jumping to Android will be a big change.

Question for you guys that switch phones often. Since i'm unsure of Android i'm thinking of getting the Galaxy Note and trying it out. Says theirs a 30 day return policy, if i do end up returning it am i locked into the new contract i sign when i first get the phone. Since i'll have to re sign a two year contract in order to get the phone for $299 i don't want to be locked in for two years again and not be able to get a discount on the future iphone. If i don't like it i'm gonna return it and wait for the iphone 5.

One more question, i have all my music on my mac in itunes right now which obviously syncs seamlessly with my iphone. Read up on programs like doubletwist and isyncr to put my music on to any future android device i potentially may get. Is their anything out their that transfers digital copies of movies that i currently have in itunes into an android phone? I've got a few movies that i have digital copies from when i bought the blu rays that i have in itunes/my phone that i watch when i travel. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

first... if you choose to return your phone during the allowed timeframe, your account goes back to how it was before you got the phone. i.e. you are not stuck in a 2 year contract again and are still eligible for an upgrade.
second... google music. free for up to 20,000 songs. not sure about the movies.

make the jump to android! galaxy s III should be announced next month.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

first... if you choose to return your phone during the allowed timeframe, your account goes back to how it was before you got the phone. i.e. you are not stuck in a 2 year contract again and are still eligible for an upgrade.
second... google music. free for up to 20,000 songs. not sure about the movies.

make the jump to android! galaxy s III should be announced next month.

Note is too big for a phone and too small for a tablet.

Unless you use it with a bluetooth all day, i cant hold that up to my ear and NOT feel like an idiot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom