• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by mrtito32

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

I think sprint knows im using my rooted cm7 rom for hotspot capabilities.

Just got this text.
SprintFreeMsg: Turn your EVO 4G into a Wi-Fi router and connect up to 8 devices with Sprint Mobile Hotspot. http://sprint.us/hs1 Reply END to stop

And i just read somewhere they can find out if your hotspoting.
I'm on VaelPak 3.2, and I've used the Sprint Hotspot App a few times. I haven't gotten a text, but I've used it no more that 30 minutes each time. Hopefully I won't get that big brother text too...

got that text also lol
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

Just got this text.

SprintFreeMsg: Turn your EVO 4G into a Wi-Fi router and connect up to 8 devices with Sprint Mobile Hotspot. http://sprint.us/hs1 Reply END to stop

I'm on VaelPak 3.2, and I've used the Sprint Hotspot App a few times. I haven't gotten a text, but I've used it no more that 30 minutes each time. Hopefully I won't get that big brother text too...
got that text also lol
laugh.gif

F that I'm going to hotspot either they like it or not
laugh.gif
or they just cancel my service all together
grin.gif
, which i wouldn't mind.

Anyone who got a text were you on a AOSP ROM like CM7?

Just got this text.

got that text also lol
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif
, which i wouldn't mind.

I got the text earlier and so did a couple people i know who aren't rooted and never used hotspot. Don't worry folks everyone who has an EVO got the same text.

I got the text earlier and so did a couple people i know who aren't rooted and never used hotspot. Don't worry folks everyone who has an EVO got the same text.

got that text also lol
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif
, which i wouldn't mind.

got it yesterday... im on an evo with latest cm7 nightly and constantly tether.... F sprint
laugh.gif

got that text also lol
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif
, which i wouldn't mind.

got it yesterday... im on an evo with latest cm7 nightly and constantly tether.... F sprint
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

aight just some stupid mass spam text sprint pushed out to all of us. Back to tethering my EVO
devil.gif

this is the aritlcle i read about carriers cutting down on who's tethering illegally and rooting
http://phandroid.com/2011...ad-for-anyone-who-roots/

got me paranoid for a sec once i got that text.

aight just some stupid mass spam text sprint pushed out to all of us. Back to tethering my EVO
devil.gif

this is the aritlcle i read about carriers cutting down on who's tethering illegally and rooting
http://phandroid.com/2011...ad-for-anyone-who-roots/

got me paranoid for a sec once i got that text.

I was gonna say this.  I havent used tethering more than 8-10 times since i got the phone last year, maybe once every month if im at someone else`s house and i got the message also.

I was gonna say this.  I havent used tethering more than 8-10 times since i got the phone last year, maybe once every month if im at someone else`s house and i got the message also.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Tetsujin- How's the battery life for you on Salvage? Thinking of checking it out
What's Salvage? Sense-based?
Google Music Player is decent, btw.

Tetsujin- How's the battery life for you on Salvage? Thinking of checking it out

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

salvage battery is good its asop....it has the 5% battery mod on it also...I gotta back up of it..the only problem I faced on it was that the phone sometimes rebooted when I use wifi tether, but afterwards it would be fine...its the best gingerbread rom out tho

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

salvage battery is good its asop....it has the 5% battery mod on it also...I gotta back up of it..the only problem I faced on it was that the phone sometimes rebooted when I use wifi tether, but afterwards it would be fine...its the best gingerbread rom out tho

Just got this text.

got that text also lol
laugh.gif
me to and i dont use hotspot

Just got this text.

got that text also lol
laugh.gif
me to and i dont use hotspot

Deal Of The Day: $12.79 with discount htc20phones code HTC EVO 4G Premium Extended Battery With Back Cover (3500 mAh)

by Chris Chavez on April 5th, 2011 at 8:46 pm

If you own an Evo you’ve probably run into this problem before: terrible battery life. It can take all the enjoyment out of an otherwise awesome phone when you have to dim the brightness all the way down or disable background synching.
Those are some tips I am forced to use when I wont have the luxury of plugging into a wall socket all day (like at an amusement park). But as we all know, one of the many benefits of owning an Android phone is the ability to switch out it’s battery!
I’ve browsed extended batteries in the past but I can’t say I’ve ever seen a 3500 mAh battery for anything less than $40 – $50. Needless to say, I was pretty jazzed when I came across this fatty for $15.99.
Better hurry before the deal is up. Enjoy… and if you’ve ever used an extended battery let us know good and bad experiences with different brands and retailers!
UPDATE: Use code to get it for $12.79

12.79 HTC EVO BATTERY discount code: htc20phones

I really don't like these bulky batteries, but im tried of my EVO dying on me and always bringing my charger everywhere i go, they sell this type of battery at my job and its even cheaper than my employee discount
laugh.gif

Hit it up EVO users.

Deal Of The Day: $12.79 with discount htc20phones code HTC EVO 4G Premium Extended Battery With Back Cover (3500 mAh)

by Chris Chavez on April 5th, 2011 at 8:46 pm

If you own an Evo you’ve probably run into this problem before: terrible battery life. It can take all the enjoyment out of an otherwise awesome phone when you have to dim the brightness all the way down or disable background synching.
Those are some tips I am forced to use when I wont have the luxury of plugging into a wall socket all day (like at an amusement park). But as we all know, one of the many benefits of owning an Android phone is the ability to switch out it’s battery!
I’ve browsed extended batteries in the past but I can’t say I’ve ever seen a 3500 mAh battery for anything less than $40 – $50. Needless to say, I was pretty jazzed when I came across this fatty for $15.99.
Better hurry before the deal is up. Enjoy… and if you’ve ever used an extended battery let us know good and bad experiences with different brands and retailers!
UPDATE: Use code to get it for $12.79

12.79 HTC EVO BATTERY discount code: htc20phones

I really don't like these bulky batteries, but im tried of my EVO dying on me and always bringing my charger everywhere i go, they sell this type of battery at my job and its even cheaper than my employee discount
laugh.gif

Hit it up EVO users.

[h1]Samsung Galaxy S Gingerbread Coming In "Next Couple Of Weeks"[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck | 3:21 PM 5-Apr-11 | Comments

samsung-galaxy-i9000-camera.jpg

Samsung's Galaxy S isn't exactly hurting for Gingerbread options: you have your choice of custom kernels, and an official update leaked last week. What we're still waiting for, though, is to see that official update go out OTA, finally reaching the hordes of phone users who aren't quite up to the task of manually flashing their smartphones. We could see that update arrive by mid-April, according to UK carrier Three, which has tweeted that Gingerbread will likely be available "in the next couple of weeks".

Elsewhere in Europe, we had heard out of both Germany and Romania that Gingerbread was supposed to come to the Galaxy S sometime during March. Obviously, that hasn't happened yet, and Samsung Romania reported that the release was facing unspecified delays. Assuming that carriers other than Three will have access to the update at roughly the same time, we may see a Europe-wide release before the end of the month.

Three wasn't willing to provide a hard date for the release, and the language it did use avoids making any promise that the Galaxy S will indeed get its update in the discussed timeframe. It's entirely possible that Gingerbread will hit yet another roadblock, but for the time being, a mid-to-late April release is the most likely.

Source: ThreeUK Twitter
Via: Android Spin

[h1]Samsung Galaxy S Gingerbread Coming In "Next Couple Of Weeks"[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck | 3:21 PM 5-Apr-11 | Comments

samsung-galaxy-i9000-camera.jpg

Samsung's Galaxy S isn't exactly hurting for Gingerbread options: you have your choice of custom kernels, and an official update leaked last week. What we're still waiting for, though, is to see that official update go out OTA, finally reaching the hordes of phone users who aren't quite up to the task of manually flashing their smartphones. We could see that update arrive by mid-April, according to UK carrier Three, which has tweeted that Gingerbread will likely be available "in the next couple of weeks".

Elsewhere in Europe, we had heard out of both Germany and Romania that Gingerbread was supposed to come to the Galaxy S sometime during March. Obviously, that hasn't happened yet, and Samsung Romania reported that the release was facing unspecified delays. Assuming that carriers other than Three will have access to the update at roughly the same time, we may see a Europe-wide release before the end of the month.

Three wasn't willing to provide a hard date for the release, and the language it did use avoids making any promise that the Galaxy S will indeed get its update in the discussed timeframe. It's entirely possible that Gingerbread will hit yet another roadblock, but for the time being, a mid-to-late April release is the most likely.

Source: ThreeUK Twitter
Via: Android Spin

Back
Top Bottom