Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by remix

ehh friends have some droids OS fones, def did not like them,

still would pick my iphone 4 over them anyday

That's the beauty of Android.  There is a really great chance your friends didn't have a nice setup.

That's the beauty of Android.  There is a really great chance your friends didn't have a nice setup.

epqc1g.jpg

so93ra.jpg

I recently just got an Evo, I'm impressed with the overall functionality of the phone, but the apps are ******ed slow and laggy.

Youtube always has connection issues when I'm trying to watch a video.

Pandora will randomly stop playing music and even starting the app and loading it up takes about 3 minutes.

Fandango takes a million years to use, if that even works.

And when I try to use the 4G service, it always says "disconnected"

I'm extremly new to the phone and the whole adroid experience so any help with it will be appreciated.

ohwell.gif

I recently just got an Evo, I'm impressed with the overall functionality of the phone, but the apps are ******ed slow and laggy.

Youtube always has connection issues when I'm trying to watch a video.

Pandora will randomly stop playing music and even starting the app and loading it up takes about 3 minutes.

Fandango takes a million years to use, if that even works.

And when I try to use the 4G service, it always says "disconnected"

I'm extremly new to the phone and the whole adroid experience so any help with it will be appreciated.

ohwell.gif

How does one link their .edu email, I'm having trouble with that. I don't want to link my school email with my gmail, but if I have too I will

How does one link their .edu email, I'm having trouble with that. I don't want to link my school email with my gmail, but if I have too I will

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by SensitiveLoser

So I just got an Android powered tablet is there any way to get flash on it?
its in the market 

Its giving me a parse error when I try to install that and youtube... is there another way? It'd be a shame if I couldn't watch any type of video got it as a gift

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by SensitiveLoser

So I just got an Android powered tablet is there any way to get flash on it?
its in the market 

Its giving me a parse error when I try to install that and youtube... is there another way? It'd be a shame if I couldn't watch any type of video got it as a gift

Originally Posted by wrod7

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

G2 with contract- Free with upgrade
mt4g with contract- $50 with upgrade
nexus one with no contract- $200(refurb he got sent from T-Mo)

What should I go for? I dont care about the contract part or $ part... I just want to know which is my best bet in terms of specs or is there another phone im missing that I should consider?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm not a big fan of Samsung phones but you should definitely take a look at the nexus S, best phone on T-Mobile IMO. If not ill go with the g2 + root + cyanogenmod. Cyanogen supports nexus S also..
Oh yea I forgot about the Nexus S... Decisions decisions!

What should I go for? I dont care about the contract part or $ part... I just want to know which is my best bet in terms of specs or is there another phone im missing that I should consider?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm not a big fan of Samsung phones but you should definitely take a look at the nexus S, best phone on T-Mobile IMO. If not ill go with the g2 + root + cyanogenmod. Cyanogen supports nexus S also..

I've been dying to get on Android, but have an old SERO plan and didn't wanna lose it.  But now since they have the updated SERO plans I'm going to get an EVO Shift since it has a physical keyboard.

I've been dying to get on Android, but have an old SERO plan and didn't wanna lose it.  But now since they have the updated SERO plans I'm going to get an EVO Shift since it has a physical keyboard.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by MECKS

I use desktop visualizer to change homescreen icons

thank you sir.

do you know if it has services running in the background, or uses cpu? at the moment my battery lasts 10+ hours, i want to keep it that way

no idea..I just checked my task manager and it didn't show up so I guess not?
but 10+ hours? what rom are you using? I'm on stock froyo and have to charge this thing about every 5 hours but I hardly ever put it down.
no custom rom, im on stock froyo just underclock my processor to these settings:
16a26ce242f92c0bc7d95763b191d2dba767caae.png

then i set up juice defender so it prefers wi-fi , auto disables wi-fi based on location, stops all data when below 15% , and runs mobile data when im in  certain apps
after that, used titanium backup to uninstall like 7 google apps that were always running in the background no matter what (even if i wasnt using them, goggles, latitutde, photobucket, finance, earth, web2go, barcode scanner, twitter)
so now at any one time, i only have 5-6 processes running in the background, and my battery lasts 10 hours with normal usage. i tested it out one night when i slept, idle my phone went down 12% in about 11 hours

Originally Posted by MECKS

I use desktop visualizer to change homescreen icons

thank you sir.

do you know if it has services running in the background, or uses cpu? at the moment my battery lasts 10+ hours, i want to keep it that way

no idea..I just checked my task manager and it didn't show up so I guess not?
but 10+ hours? what rom are you using? I'm on stock froyo and have to charge this thing about every 5 hours but I hardly ever put it down.
no custom rom, im on stock froyo just underclock my processor to these settings:
16a26ce242f92c0bc7d95763b191d2dba767caae.png

then i set up juice defender so it prefers wi-fi , auto disables wi-fi based on location, stops all data when below 15% , and runs mobile data when im in  certain apps
after that, used titanium backup to uninstall like 7 google apps that were always running in the background no matter what (even if i wasnt using them, goggles, latitutde, photobucket, finance, earth, web2go, barcode scanner, twitter)
so now at any one time, i only have 5-6 processes running in the background, and my battery lasts 10 hours with normal usage. i tested it out one night when i slept, idle my phone went down 12% in about 11 hours

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

where are you getting the mt4g for $50 with upgrade?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

where are you getting the mt4g for $50 with upgrade?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 757bred

Honestly, I wouldn't tell you NOT to get the EVO shift, it feels cheap,doesn't have a front facing camera and is underpowered and overpriced . I rather tell you get the samsung Epic if you want a phone with a keyboard (Yes its on 2.1, but root it a flash it with a 2.2 or 2.3 rom) If you cop the Samsung Epic from Amazon.com its $100.00 on contract, in store its $200.00 and is $50.00 or 150.00 respectively less than the Evo Shift.

Back
Top Bottom