Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by 757bred

I've been dying to get on Android, but have an old SERO plan and didn't wanna lose it.  But now since they have the updated SERO plans I'm going to get an EVO Shift since it has a physical keyboard.

Honestly, I wouldn't tell you NOT to get the EVO shift, it feels cheap,doesn't have a front facing camera and is underpowered and overpriced . I rather tell you get the samsung Epic if you want a phone with a keyboard (Yes its on 2.1, but root it a flash it with a 2.2 or 2.3 rom) If you cop the Samsung Epic from Amazon.com its $100.00 on contract, in store its $200.00 and is $50.00 or 150.00 respectively less than the Evo Shift.

Originally Posted by SensitiveLoser

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

So I just got an Android powered tablet is there any way to get flash on it?
its in the market 

Its giving me a parse error when I try to install that and youtube... is there another way? It'd be a shame if I couldn't watch any type of video got it as a gift
hmm what tablet and what version of android 

its in the market 

Its giving me a parse error when I try to install that and youtube... is there another way? It'd be a shame if I couldn't watch any type of video got it as a gift

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

How does one link their .edu email, I'm having trouble with that. I don't want to link my school email with my gmail, but if I have too I will
trying to do this too but how would i link edu to gmail 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

How does one link their .edu email, I'm having trouble with that. I don't want to link my school email with my gmail, but if I have too I will
trying to do this too but how would i link edu to gmail 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

its in the market 

Cruz T301 and 2.0

I hope I can at least play youtube videos or this is a worthless device
frown.gif

Edit- now it froze and wont get past the android loading screen when I try to turn it on... im thankful for the gift but jesus nothing %*!@+%! works

its in the market 

Cruz T301 and 2.0

I hope I can at least play youtube videos or this is a worthless device
frown.gif

Edit- now it froze and wont get past the android loading screen when I try to turn it on... im thankful for the gift but jesus nothing %*!@+%! works

[h4]HTC ThunderBolt will support simultaneous voice and data in LTE areas[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 19th 2011 1:21AM

At CES, Verizon had mentioned that "some... but not all" of its first LTE handsets would support the simultaneous use of voice and data. That's not news for 3G customers on T-Mobile and AT&T, nor WiMAX customers on Sprint -- but for Verizon subscribers, this is a very novel concept, indeed. Well, we can chalk up the mighty ThunderBolt from HTC as one of the models that'll support it, if leaked training materials for the phone over on Android Central are to be believed. On a related note, the very existence of these materials gives us hope that we'll be seeing it on store shelves before too long; don't get us wrong, the two USB modems Big Red's launched for LTE service so far are all well and good, but we could really use some handsets on these airwaves.

[h4]HTC ThunderBolt will support simultaneous voice and data in LTE areas[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 19th 2011 1:21AM

At CES, Verizon had mentioned that "some... but not all" of its first LTE handsets would support the simultaneous use of voice and data. That's not news for 3G customers on T-Mobile and AT&T, nor WiMAX customers on Sprint -- but for Verizon subscribers, this is a very novel concept, indeed. Well, we can chalk up the mighty ThunderBolt from HTC as one of the models that'll support it, if leaked training materials for the phone over on Android Central are to be believed. On a related note, the very existence of these materials gives us hope that we'll be seeing it on store shelves before too long; don't get us wrong, the two USB modems Big Red's launched for LTE service so far are all well and good, but we could really use some handsets on these airwaves.

[h4]http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/18/samsung-vibrant-4g-for-t-mobile-gets-fcc-clearance/[/h4]
[h4]Samsung Vibrant 4G for T-Mobile gets FCC clearance? [/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 18th 2011 at 11:16PM

A new Sammy christened SGH-T959V just passed through the FCC, and we've got a good feeling this is the Vibrant 4G that we know is on its way to Big Magenta before too long. Why's that? Well, most notably, SGH-T959 is the model number for the original Vibrant -- and like the Vibrant, this device has support for AWS, which any T-Mobile 3G / 4G device would need. Furthermore, take one look at that outline up there -- certainly looks like a Galaxy S of some sort, doesn't it? More on this soon, we suspect.

[h4]http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/18/samsung-vibrant-4g-for-t-mobile-gets-fcc-clearance/[/h4]
[h4]Samsung Vibrant 4G for T-Mobile gets FCC clearance? [/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 18th 2011 at 11:16PM

A new Sammy christened SGH-T959V just passed through the FCC, and we've got a good feeling this is the Vibrant 4G that we know is on its way to Big Magenta before too long. Why's that? Well, most notably, SGH-T959 is the model number for the original Vibrant -- and like the Vibrant, this device has support for AWS, which any T-Mobile 3G / 4G device would need. Furthermore, take one look at that outline up there -- certainly looks like a Galaxy S of some sort, doesn't it? More on this soon, we suspect.

[h1]VZW's HTC Thunderbolt To Offer Simultaneous Voice and Data[/h1]
File under: News

By: Anton D. Nagy | 8:45 AM 19-Jan-11 | - Comments

VZWThunderboltTraining.jpg

HTC and Verizon launched the HTC Thunderbolt on January 6 at CES and it looks like the handset will be the first one at Verizon to offer simultaneous voice and data.

While Verizon also recently launched the iPhone 4, the Apple phone unfortunately does not support simultaneous voice and data. From a leaked picture of some Verizon training material we find out that the Taiwan-manufactured Thunderbolt will indeed be the first handset on Big Red to offer this feature, as employees get ready for the upcoming device.

We had our hands-on with the HTC Thunderbolt sporting a 4.3-inch WVGA display, 1GHz CPU, and 512MB of RAM but it looks like simultaneous voice and data is not the only "first" with Verizon phones. According to the same leak, the smartphone will be the first one on the carrier to feature Skype mobile with video, though it will be available post launch. We only need a date for the availability now.

Source: AndroidCentral

[h1]VZW's HTC Thunderbolt To Offer Simultaneous Voice and Data[/h1]
File under: News

By: Anton D. Nagy | 8:45 AM 19-Jan-11 | - Comments

VZWThunderboltTraining.jpg

HTC and Verizon launched the HTC Thunderbolt on January 6 at CES and it looks like the handset will be the first one at Verizon to offer simultaneous voice and data.

While Verizon also recently launched the iPhone 4, the Apple phone unfortunately does not support simultaneous voice and data. From a leaked picture of some Verizon training material we find out that the Taiwan-manufactured Thunderbolt will indeed be the first handset on Big Red to offer this feature, as employees get ready for the upcoming device.

We had our hands-on with the HTC Thunderbolt sporting a 4.3-inch WVGA display, 1GHz CPU, and 512MB of RAM but it looks like simultaneous voice and data is not the only "first" with Verizon phones. According to the same leak, the smartphone will be the first one on the carrier to feature Skype mobile with video, though it will be available post launch. We only need a date for the availability now.

Source: AndroidCentral

Back
Top Bottom