• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
for picture backup, Google photos does automatic backup and unlimited storage (they'll compress down to 16 MB if picture size is large).
Also worth checking out are OneDrive and Flickr for backup. Flickr has 1TB and One Drive has like 5GB of storage capacity. The latter reduced from 15GB a little while back.

Google Photos is unlimited capacity as long as you upload images that are not full size (the images still look great, they're just not the original size you took with your phone)

what are some good apps y;all are using?

i just found out about clipboard actions, which is basically adds a bunch of functions to the clipboard (search, share, etc)

Did they send you an e mail or anything before they shipped it to you?
I havent heard back yet.

Shluld be getting two :nerd:

Just got my email, says it should be shipped out on April 1st. Another free year of Netflix code as well :pimp:

Testing this bad boy :smile:

V10 owners, keep your eyes on XDA.

Long time, no talk, fellow Droiders. :smile:

Still on my S5 Active, and still love it. As discussed before, the lack of expandable memory in the 6 had me skip right on past. I see that expandable memory has returned with the S7. Nice.

Question: will there be an Active 7? You'd think so. Will it have expandable memory?

Next, I was wondering i you guys have any suggestions for online pic storage. I have a Photobucket account, but is there something that appears as an app on my phone but is actually online storage and stores pics as soon as the camera takes the pic or as soon as a pic is downloaded? Like Dropbox, but you only 2 GB free right off the bat with Dropbox.

S5? :wow: you get repped cuz that is dedication.

and i also recommend google photos. its an excellent online photo solution, and only will get stronger as google updates it. its my go to photo app.

Pixel C never made sense to me. I don't know who the intended audience was for it

from what i read its not so much the hardware, but the software isn't ideal for that kind of application. essentially android is more of a phone software, and struggles to translate well on a tablet. now having said that, imo, that really goes for all big tablets android or apple. i think microsoft had the right idea in putting a full desktop OS on a tablet, and aiming to make it entirely tablet friendly with metro (...it sucked tho), where the ios and android is more on the opposite end of the spectrum.

i think a software that kind of finds that middle ground...whatever that looks like, would really strengthen the value of a tablet.

on the other hand, laptops are becoming exceedingly thin, and more energy and power efficient. word to those new macbooks dropping summer 16. throw in multiple usb type c ports and i'd have little reason to justify a tablet in general. (i.e. those thin macbooks vs an ipad pro or a surface)

Last edited:
Pixel C should have been Chrome OS imo. Making it the mobile variety kinda makes sense, giving it more capabilities but that's only because Chrome is so crippled by not being open to android apps and only chrome extensions basically. I enjoy the simplicity of my wife's CB but man it is pitiful

are there rumors of a 7P this year? I'm thinking about getting a 6P near future, but I don't to buy something that's out dated in 6 months.

That's a shame, I thought Huawei did a great job with the 6p. Hopefully the HTC Nexus is on point, I will be looking to come back to android sometime later this year.

HTC are making the Nexus device(s) for the next three years

not exactly what I asked :lol:

i take it there's nothing confirmed.

I just found out about this LTE+ thing, which is annoying because I have a note 4 on sprint :stoneface:

phone is terrific, minus sprints weak *** network, most likely switch to verizon at the end of the year.

I like to rock the same phone for ~2-3 years before upgrading.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom