Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moto isn't updating the 2014 ATT and Verizon X to M :smh:

Thanks Lenovo, I'll never buy another Moto device again. SMH. This was my favorite Android device ever.

Im hurt. Good thing I bought an iPhone 6 recently.

Last edited:
Motorola really needs to be careful when it comes to losing the good/unique things they were doing.

The original Moto X promised fast updates with near stock Android, but they really struggled to get the 2013 X to Lollipop across all carriers.

And despite the 2015 Moto X being an awesome value and great phone, hearing that your one year old 2014 device won't get the latest Android update is pretty awful.

Especially with the Nexus 6P looking very  good.. they can't afford to start messing up. And I'd be a little concerned and I've loved my Moto 14. Of course, maybe it's a better reason to buy the Pure Edition, but still.. lame.

Motorola really needs to be careful when it comes to losing the good/unique things they were doing.

The original Moto X promised fast updates with near stock Android, but they really struggled to get the 2013 X to Lollipop across all carriers.

And despite the 2015 Moto X being an awesome value and great phone, hearing that your one year old 2014 device won't get the latest Android update is pretty awful.

Especially with the Nexus 6P looking very good.. they can't afford to start messing up. And I'd be a little concerned and I've loved my Moto 14. Of course, maybe it's a better reason to buy the Pure Edition, but still.. lame.

tybg i bought a pure.

but yeah, moto lenovo ****** up.

Last edited:
They stopped supporting the 2014 ones already?? 
sick.gif

Bought the Nexus 6P but wasn't sure I was going to keep it. Guess I will be keeping it seeing as they don't plan on upgrading the Moto X 2014 Verizon edition.

:x I told myself after I bought a moto phatom and it never got updates after they promised updates I would never buy another Motorola device again. I thought maybe things have changed so Iu copped a the pure edition. Please don't make me regret this Motorola.

@KingFoamNYC  did you grab the 32 GB or 64 GB? I've been holding off until I get closer to my jump upgrade, but this Note 4 is starting to do weird stuff, been a stickler for having the more memory but I have Spotify now and that's what takes up most of the space on my current SD card. How much memory is really available at the start assuming you have the bloat and stuff on there. 

anyone ever try those imei repairs on ebay? most phones that are blacklisted that i've seen on ebay are $100 less than what the good ones are going for. and the services I've seen range from like $30-50 depending on the phone.

Moto isn't updating the 2014 ATT and Verizon X to M
mean.gif

Thanks Lenovo, I'll never buy another Moto device again. SMH. This was my favorite Android device ever.

Im hurt. Good thing I bought an iPhone 6 recently.
If they're updating the other versions, thats probably more on AT&T and Verizon than Moto honestly

If they're updating the other versions, thats probably more on AT&T and Verizon than Moto honestly

One could make that assumption, one could also assume that those Motorola layoffs that occurred earlier in the year limited the companies personel available to update the software of their existing devices, or even not enough of the carrier variants of those devices were sold to warrant the cost of updating them.

All speculation up to this point, what's clear is a lot of Moto X owners have a device that's barley a year old and has been abandoned.

Not eem surprised with Moto. they've been giving everyone the run around since the beginning of time. talking about "remember that 5.0 update we promised? well google just announced 5.1, so we're going to skip 5.0 and give you the latest update." then that 5.1 never comes :lol:

Glad I didn't fall for the Moto X Pure trap. Gonna be the same old song.

:smokin  Google Now app on my 6S+ >>>>

Siri's voice recognition was unbearable smh.

Bruhhh, Siri is the worst. Used my boy's iPhone to play around with Siri....

"Siri, what's the weather like tomorrow?"

"calling (friend's ex-girlfriend) now"

:lol:

I didn't know that the Samsung Gear S2 dropped today.. When I get some free time.. I got to go to my local t-mobile and see if they got the watch.. :nthat:

For those going with the nexus, did you opt for the 5x of 6p. On the fence still on which one because of size.

Would speed and battery life be that noticeable?

I don't see a reason to go with the 5x unless screen size is that serious an issue for you

And yes battery will be a huge difference. 2700 vs 3450 mAH

Last edited:
Wow, very impressive. Mind if I ask what apps you use? I've seen other G4 users with 5+ hrs of SoT but they all just browse the web, send emails and watch YouTube videos. I figure since I do all that plus other social media I'll never break the 5hr mark. I think the best I've gotten was 4 and change.

Chrome, IG, YouTube, Textra, and Camera gets burn all day for me. Me not being a Facebook user definitely helps as well

@KingFoamNYC
 did you grab the 32 GB or 64 GB? I've been holding off until I get closer to my jump upgrade, but this Note 4 is starting to do weird stuff, been a stickler for having the more memory but I have Spotify now and that's what takes up most of the space on my current SD card. How much memory is really available at the start assuming you have the bloat and stuff on there. 

I copped 64 gig, you get 56GB available to you. After removing about 4 T-Mobile apps and 2 Google ones bloat is non existent. I jumped for the same reason my N4 started acting dumb with sometimes wonky touch input and the battery was falling off. Definitely a worthy upgrade this phone has absolutely 0 lag, is beautiful, GREAT battery life, and the best camera. Nothing more I can really ask for outside of timely updates

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom