• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyone know a nav app that displays gas stations, restaurants, etc? my old mytouch had that built in the google maps and could toggle on/off in layers if i want it to show gas stations or restaurants near my route.

I personally believe that usually the battery tests are pretty accurate among review sites based on the fact that most of the time their battery tests are comparable.

[COLOR=#red]There are too many variables involved based on usage bro. Even signal attenuation had an effect depending on your location. I stand by my comment that while the tests can be somewhat helpful, the best way to determine is by your own personal usage. They have 14 day trial periods for consumer protection reasons.[COLOR]

there is a small catch. with tmobile, you can switch to a new phone only once within said trial period, so second option is your final move. restocking fee applies in return or phone switch i believe as well.

Anyone know why my Note 4 Camera takes forever to focus? I googled it and all I see is people complaining about it, but nothing about fixing it.

PLEASE RESPOND

was one of the reasons I took it back and stuck with oneplus. Ish was annoying.

can't recreate the problem. if the cam isn't steady itll re focus, but that is a split second. shots come out sharp and clear so far...

^

Nah I would be still as hell, it would be in this blur phase for like 2 mins..literally. I would have to close and open the app 2-3x for it to be normal.
By that time, I've missed my shot of what I'm trying to get a pic of.

Yeah some cams are perfect..some won't focus at all..it would take over a minute it felt.

anyone know a nav app that displays gas stations, restaurants, etc? my old mytouch had that built in the google maps and could toggle on/off in layers if i want it to show gas stations or restaurants near my route.

Pretty sure Waze does it.

^

Nah I would be still as hell, it would be in this blur phase for like 2 mins..literally. I would have to close and open the app 2-3x for it to be normal.
By that time, I've missed my shot of what I'm trying to get a pic of.
you got one of the defective ones man...

When I first got the note 4 a few weeks back I had a defective camera. T mobile looked at it and exchanged it for a new one. Camera stayed blurry and would not focus at all.

Wait warranty exchange only gets you a refurb? That's annoying. They wouldn't exchange mine in store because they eventually got the camera to focus even though it takes almost an entire minute.

That store is full of **** and trying to be cheap, that is against policy. Go back to the store and speak with the manager. Or call into customer care while you are there.

And yes warranty exchanges normally get you a refurb, no guarantee on a new phone once outside buyers remorse.

Yeah some cams are perfect..some won't focus at all..it would take over a minute it felt.

Just sent mine in to Samsung to have it fixed. They replaced the camera components. Seems to be working fine now.

BTW

:x

Sheesh glad i didnt get hit with cam issues. For once hah

That thermal chart is cray tho. Damn htc we cant get some ventilation in the aluminum unibody? How hard is it to poke a few holes

Yea I'm 100% avoiding 810 phones. Word is that the S6 is having some throttling issues too.

Built-in battery has a capacity of 2550 mAh (2600 mAh in S6 EDGE), time - about a full-time under load. It is about 3 and a half hours of screen (Auto Brightness, cranked to maximum), data transmission in 4G. Video unit turns around 10.5 hours.

3.5 hours SOT :frown:

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/samsung-galaxy-s6.shtml

Last edited:
My group texts areN'T going through with textra.  Switched to Hangouts, and now its working.

Last edited:
Do you have the "use mms for group chats" box checked on in the settings?

Last edited:
My little brother was having same problem with Textra and group messaging... He wasn't receiving any text in our group chats with a few iPhone users

Me and him the only ones with Android devices
laugh.gif
Textra is telling me some messages are failing to be sent. When in reality the recipient has already received the message. Is anyone else having this problem?
Did the new update to Textra break group messaging for anyone else? I just get this long message of gibberish whenever someone texts me now. Going back to stock while I go look for a previous apk.
These problems, i just caught up on this thread and realized ya'll were talking about this 2-3 days ago, but my problems just started today.

My Textra was working fine as of Saturday, did nothing to it. Just started working.

The Note 4 they sent me also has the camera issues :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:. I feel like just taking the L on it. Cant send it to Samsung cause I rooted it.

I dont really take pictures like that, I feel like I'm obsessing over having to tap the back of the phone.

Last edited:
Textra group texts works fine for me. Also no longer getting that random coding. Guess T-Mo fixed that too :D

That M9 looks like it's boutta explode
This was from the phone running a benchmark app (GFXBench) with no thermal throttling (the phone was not allowed to shut off once it reaches a certain temp) while the others had their thermal throttling in tact.  1) It is impossible to reach anywhere even close to that temperature on any device in real use without protection kicking in. 2) If the other devices had their thermal protection disabled, they would get just as hot.  
 Tweakers  reports that no internal mechanism was in place for the device to shut itself off when these temperatures were met
Please post the entire source next time lol

[h1]Huawei Mate 7 Mini to have an 'invisible' fingerprint scanner[/h1]
16 March, 2015 | Comments (1)  | Post your comment

Tags: HuaweiAndroid

A couple of months ago some pictures got leaked that were said to depict the upcoming Huawei Mate 7 Compact, but it turned out they were actually showing a different Chinese smartphone. So we've been left without any leaked images of the Mate 7 Compact - up until today, that is.

A couple of new shots have surfaced in China, once again reportedly being of the smaller version of Huawei's Mate 7. This time though, we're told the handset will be launched as the Mate 7 Mini.

Huawei Mate 7 Mini

In the first picture, you can see it as the device on the left. The second image allegedly demonstrates a rather unique feature of the phone - a touch-sensitive area on the back, which features a built-in 'invisible' fingerprint sensor. It's invisible in that there isn't a marked space for it, instead you just place your finger roughly under the camera's LED flash and that's it.

The only leaked spec that accompanies these shots is the screen size, which will be 4.7". Everything else is still a mystery, however. Given the name, it might simply be a smaller version of the Mate 7 phablet, in which case it could come with mostly the same specs - if Huawei decides to emulate Sony's "Compact" devices in this regard. On the other hand the Chinese company might go the way of Samsung and HTC with their 'Mini' variants of flagship offerings, which are toned down both in size as well as in specs.

Source (in Chinese)  | Via

Back
Top Bottom