Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just curious as to what everyone expects out of their battery life :nerd:

As long as I can get 8 hours out of my phone I'm good...

Well the G2 I had was pretty much the gold standard for battery life. Made it 18 hours or more, mostly LTE, 4.5 hours SOT.

The g3 I have now dies about a 6 hours faster with an hour less SOT.

At this point 18 hours of battery life minimum. The fact that so many phone manufactures are making phones that exceed that has made it come a standard for me. Having to worry about my phone dying after eight hours isnt pleasant. It would be different if so many other phones out there weren't doing it.

So during the day you don't have access to a car charger or a charger at work? What do you consider moderate to heavy usage on your device? Just wondering cause most of the phones I've had easily last 12hrs with moderate/heavy usage...except for this iPhone 6+ which gives me about 8hrs but takes 4hrs to charge :smh:

Only time I can remember cursing my phone out was when I traveled to Europe and didn't have the converter at the euro airports :lol:

Well the G2 I had was pretty much the gold standard for battery life. Made it 18 hours or more, mostly LTE, 4.5 hours SOT.

The g3 I have now dies about a 6 hours faster with an hour less SOT.

Wow...I see a lot of people in here complaining about the G3 battery life...My G3 battery was just as, if not better than my G2. Never had any of the G3 issues people post about in here

I cant even open Textra cause of those messages, it just crashes. Switched back to stock messaging until you guys tell me its fixed.

Anyone know why my Note 4 Camera takes forever to focus? I googled it and all I see is people complaining about it, but nothing about fixing it.

PLEASE RESPOND

Happened to my first Note 4 out of the box, luckily returned it in buyers remorse for a brand new one, not have to do warranty exchange for a refurb. And like Carver said, anyone looking at buying a Note 4 need to look for that issue ASAP before walking out of the store.

I cant even open Textra cause of those messages, it just crashes. Switched back to stock messaging until you guys tell me its fixed.

Anyone know why my Note 4 Camera takes forever to focus? I googled it and all I see is people complaining about it, but nothing about fixing it.

PLEASE RESPOND

Happened to my first Note 4 out of the box, luckily returned it in buyers remorse for a brand new one, not have to do warranty exchange for a refurb. And like Carver said, anyone looking at buying a Note 4 need to look for that issue ASAP before walking out of the store.
Wait warranty exchange only gets you a refurb? That's annoying. They wouldn't exchange mine in store because they eventually got the camera to focus even though it takes almost an entire minute.

My Note 4 has those focus issues.

I didn't even notice it for a few weeks, and now it might be too late :smh:

Plus, I don't really feel like doing the whole exchange/reconfiguring process so I'll let it rock. I hardly use my camera anyway. It's 5.0.2 (with all of the same features the S6 has) or root access that I care most about.

It's on.

It doesn't show on my Nexus 7 either.

What have you done so far to try to fix it? Like have you searched the weather in Google Now? Checked the settings and all of that?

[COLOR=#red]:lol: Dudes act like they can't buy a phone and try it out themselves and take it back if it's underwhelming. Never have i made a final determination from these review sites. This goes for any device from any manufacturer.

Reviews have their place, but y'all give them too much power.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]:lol: Dudes act like they can't buy a phone and try it out themselves and take it back if it's underwhelming. Never have i made a final determination from these review sites. This goes for any device from any manufacturer.

Reviews have their place, but y'all give them too much power.

[/COLOR]
I personally believe that usually the battery tests are pretty accurate among review sites based on the fact that most of the time their battery tests are comparable.

My Note 4 has those focus issues.

I didn't even notice it for a few weeks, and now it might be too late :smh:

Plus, I don't really feel like doing the whole exchange/reconfiguring process so I'll let it rock. I hardly use my camera anyway. It's 5.0.2 (with all of the same features the S6 has) or root access that I care most about.

It's on.

It doesn't show on my Nexus 7 either.

What have you done so far to try to fix it? Like have you searched the weather in Google Now? Checked the settings and all of that?

Yep. Have "show weather updates" on and everything. Have searched "weather" with google. Location services are on high.

Yep. Have "show weather updates" on and everything. Have searched "weather" with google. Location services are on high.

Damn. I feel like that might've happened to me before and it randomly came back on its own.

Maybe an uninstall/reinstall or uninstall updates/clear cache, etc./reinstall would fix it though?

Anyone on t mobile have issues with calls going directly to voicemail? I have the t mobile visual VM app if that matters.

Also, in a seperate occasion received a group message 1 hour later. Fairly sure I had good reception in both occasions

I personally believe that usually the battery tests are pretty accurate among review sites based on the fact that most of the time their battery tests are comparable.

Yeah that's the only part of reviews I really take seriously. All the opinionated stuff about interface and stuff I usually ignore.

Yeah that's the only part of reviews I really take seriously. All the opinionated stuff about interface and stuff I usually ignore.

Same here, the UI experience is based on the opinions of the individual and plus android makes it so easy to change. I also believe camera reviews most of the time since the tests are more rigorous these days, which I appreciate.

[COLOR=#red]There are too many variables involved based on usage bro. Even signal attenuation had an effect depending on your location. I stand by my comment that while the tests can be somewhat helpful, the best way to determine is by your own personal usage. They have 14 day trial periods for consumer protection reasons.[COLOR]

PLEASE RESPOND

was one of the reasons I took it back and stuck with oneplus. Ish was annoying.

[COLOR=#red]There are too many variables involved based on usage bro. Even signal attenuation had an effect depending on your location. I stand by my comment that while the tests can be somewhat helpful, the best way to determine is by your own personal usage. They have 14 day trial periods for consumer protection reasons.[COLOR]
Good point, if anything, variables such as fluctuating signals makes the battery life even worse.

True, but I'd imagine the conditions the reviewers perform are similar/identical from phone to phone.

Back
Top Bottom