• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You don't necessarily need to flash a custom rom after root. You could just run Xposed module and be cool.

I'm assuming you're on XDA?

For you, there are Touchwiz based roms, adds on tweaks/mods to touchwiz.

Then there are AOSP (stock google) based roms like Cyanogen mod which bring their own teaks and modifications as well. There are also roms that use CM as a base, and so on.

You don't necessarily need to flash a custom rom after root. You could just run Xposed module and be cool.

I'm assuming you're on XDA?

For you, there are Touchwiz based roms, adds on tweaks/mods to touchwiz.

Then there are AOSP (stock google) based roms like Cyanogen mod which bring their own teaks and modifications as well. There are also roms that use CM as a base, and so on.

Thank you! Repped. I think I'm going to try rooting. I'm guessing there might be many different programs and ways to root, can you send me a trustworthy site with instructions for a Verizon Galaxy S5? Or can anyone for that matter? :nerd:

Last edited:
Thank you! Repped. I think I'm going to try rooting. I'm guessing there might be many different programs and ways to root, can you send me a trustworthy site with instructions for a Verizon Galaxy S5? Or can anyone for that matter? :nerd:

You could use towel root

Step by step guide:

Guide on how to root:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2784860

Make sure you use the right method depending on what version of android you are running!! Read everything carefully before attempting to root especially if it's your first time, make a backup of your files using titanium backup. Youtube it if you're not familiar with it.

Last edited:

You could use towel root

Step by step guide:

Guide on how to root:

Make sure you use the right method depending on what version of android you are running!!

Thank you!! Will try this right now. I appreciate the fast help. Repped!

You could use towel root

Step by step guide:

Guide on how to root:

Make sure you use the right method depending on what version of android you are running!!

Make sure you read everything thoroughly before doing it!!!! Can't stress that enough or else you will brick your phone.

You could use towel root

Step by step guide:

Guide on how to root:

Make sure you read everything thoroughly before doing it!!!! Can't stress that enough or else you will brick your phone.

I'm reading currently and I noticed that this is for an older version. I'm on 5.0 already :smh:

I can't help you there then, I'm sure there's a method out there maybe not for verizon though. Maybe skim through the last few pages of that thread that were posted in the last month and something in them will help you out.

Last edited:
Come on Sprint get the Z3

lulz

htc looking like the old dog thats past its prime and is just begging to be taken out back and murdered with this worthless M9 nonsense :smh:

overheating, still ****** camera, same design from the last company anyone expected to completely reuse design, and these jokers couldn't even get the damn screen right and made it worse than the M8? :stoneface: At this point Huawei/Xiaomi might really bury them :smh:

Yea HTC done shot themselves in the foot. You guys see them announcing their announcement like it's gonna be the next best thing since sliced bread?

Capture-55-441426647722.png

They even have a live channel on YouTube for it counting down to the announcement:

It leaked out that it's for a phone replacement program:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_uhoh_will_be_a_broken_phone_replacement_service-news-11582.php

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really wanted the M9 to be my next phone, but NOPE.

HTC is really disappointing. I LOVED the M7 at first and was willing to continue giving them a chance if they would at least address the garbage camera and crap battery life, but they seem content with producing the same phone over and over :smh:

Last edited:
G Flex 2 review

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/17/lg-g-flex-2-review/

I could potentially overlook some of the missing Lollipop features and broken system tools (that’s a lie, I probably couldn’t), but the level of jank and lag in this phone is something you just can’t avoid. I don’t know if LG had to throttle the hell out of the Snapdragon 810 to keep it from melting all of this plastic and so it just can’t keep up, or if Lollipop’s memory leak is to blame, but what I do know is that this phone is the worst performing phone I have used in probably four years.

G Flex 2 review

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/17/lg-g-flex-2-review/

I could potentially overlook some of the missing Lollipop features and broken system tools (that’s a lie, I probably couldn’t), but the level of jank and lag in this phone is something you just can’t avoid. I don’t know if LG had to throttle the hell out of the Snapdragon 810 to keep it from melting all of this plastic and so it just can’t keep up, or if Lollipop’s memory leak is to blame, but what I do know is that this phone is the worst performing phone I have used in probably four years.

Goodness. Qualcomm and all of the flagships using the 810 are screwed. Wonder if it's too late for the Z4 and G4 to divert to another chip

Probably the software etc rather than the chip but who knows. I'm not a genius when it comes to the technical stuff. I feel like the G3 lagged more than it really should have so I am not surprised by the Flex 2. At least at launch.

But yeah the way it is described in that review is pretty bad. The most difficult/laggy phone he has used in the last 4 years? Lawd

Last edited:
So my contract is ending in about a month, and I can't decide on a carrier. Price isn't really an issue, more like connectivity/speed. Been on ATT and it's been pretty average. Also I'm going to assume they'll lock the bootloader of whatever phone I get, which is no bueno. Heard TM was pretty good. Inputs?

So my contract is ending in about a month, and I can't decide on a carrier. Price isn't really an issue, more like connectivity/speed. Been on ATT and it's been pretty average. Also I'm going to assume they'll lock the bootloader of whatever phone I get, which is no bueno. Heard TM was pretty good. Inputs?

Haven't had any problems with T-Mobile (via Straight Talk) here in LA.

Finally picked up a LTE capable device last month so it's been pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Just switched to Textra from Hangouts, giving it another try

Just yesterday, I had over 200+ messages come up from a 24hr span... I was :wow: at the fact that I was missing that much

Not sure if it's the messaging app itself, T-Mobile or the rom I'm on... But this **** is crazy... Girls are thinking I'm ducking them, can't have this happening :lol:

As far as overheating goes I'd blame Qualcomm more than HTC.

[COLOR=#red]Au contraire mon frere. I blame the HTC for using it. They could have used a competitor's chip. Heck Apple does and they are still winning. Heck Apple even did it with their Macs...they were using PowerPC chips then switched to Intel chips and they've never looked back since.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom