• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use 8sms. Although sometimes my pictures don't go through. My pictures never went through on Textra though. Had to stop using it.

Handcent crashes, GO has endless adds (chomp too), evolve and hello SMS are just awkward for me.

Zenfone 2 just went on sale in Taiwan.

Price breakdown:

5 inch variant:
ZE500CL: 1.6Ghz Intel Atom Z2560, 2GB RAM, 720p and 16GB storage for ~$158

5.5 inch variants:
ZE550ML 1.8Ghz Intel Atom Z25600, 720p resolution, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage for ~$190
ZE551ML 1.8Ghz Intel Atom Z2560, 1080p display, 2GB RAM and 32GB storage for ~$221
ZE551ML 2.3Ghz Intel Atom Z3580, 1080p display, 4GB RAM and 32GB storage for ~$285

Gonna see if my pops can snag one ...

Had no idea Atoms were being put into phones. Interesting.

I don't know about phones but maaaaannnnn they make the BEST monitors :lol:

Quality motherboards too :pimp:

I hear their laptops are good quality as well.

Laptops are the goods as well

Textra :pimp:

New Macbook looks sick, if I can get a Windows laptop with that form factor I'd be satisfied

on the surface, with google launcher it looks like nexus...or what you see kingfoamNYC has below. you don't get the dialer updated or the settings, and such. but 5.0.1 is already being released for note 4 so its only a matter of time, depending on carrier.
good to know. whenever i pull that rom trigger, i can depend on NT for help lol. you paid of that phone already?
its not bad tho. with verizon you'd pay like 200 or 300 for the phone, but your bill would be high because im guessing (and read) they use the higher income to subsidize the discounts on otherwise absurdly expensive phones.

with tmobile...what i did to get my note 4, was they took 50 cash up front, and will add on 30 to my bill every month for 2 years. but the service plans are significantly lower on tmobile. i forget how soon i can get a new phone tho, i think its after 12 months. that or after you've paid 50% of the phone.

idk if that was confusing or helpful but i think financially its less with tmobile because of the lower service plan. and the acute costs are low because you pay it monthly bit by bit. verizon does that via their edge but its complicated in terms of if u really are saving with respect to verizon being already expensive.

note you do get a LOT more data for your $ with tmo.

Still got a grip left on my N4 :lol: will pay whatever I have left to get the half of the device paid off to cop the S6 edge tho

:wow: :lol: n4 tho! respect, that phone was fire when it came out and is still one of the best looking phones i ever owned. of course now the screen doesn't look as dope as what you can cop now.

Man I feel like that defeats the purpose of that phone?

Minus whale copp a Moto X or Nexus 6.

Unless you are strictly doing it for battery life?

note 4 battery is crazy and the camera is god like. nexus 6 size and battery life prevented me from fulling being like yea ill cop. but in retrospect the size is only a little bit bigger. they are just as thin. n6 screen is massive tho.

What texting app do you guys use? The stock one on my OPO is buggy as hell after its last update. I hear GoSMS is garbage now also...

hangouts for now. textra is prolly the best outside of that. may go back to it.

does anyone in here have a spare HTC elevate invite? id love to be in that forum being an avid HTC user

Last edited:
Android users talk about Apple more than Apple itself :lol:

The companies even do it in the ads and pretensions.

It is all good though. I like the Moto 360 but overall I am not into Smart Watches. I feel like the iWatch brings more as far as use goes. Obviously it is within their ecosystem but yeah that is a hell of a watch for iPhone users.

[COLOR=#red]Well I actually worked for Apple...like not Apple retail store but full on Apple Corporate with full benefits and privileges. It was then I realized the real deal with Apple but I'll never put it out there over the Internet.

Put it this way after seeing the real deal, I'm happy ti5be an Android guy, that still buys Apple products. That new MacBook is bought immediately[/COLOR]

@ElderWatsonDiggs  Explain this annoying Vibrate thing. You guys are messing up man, why do the settings for vibrate in the sound profile override the per app vibrate settings. Put my phone on vibrate, uncheck the vibrate box in GMail and the phones still vibrating for every email. Tell them to fix it man

@ElderWatsonDiggs
 Explain this annoying Vibrate thing. You guys are messing up man, why do the settings for vibrate in the sound profile override the per app vibrate settings. Put my phone on vibrate, uncheck the vibrate box in GMail and the phones still vibrating for every email. Tell them to fix it man

[COLOR=#red]It's the often used systems engineering doctrine of global settings have a higher priority than local settings my dude. Basic heirarchy.[/COLOR]

@ElderWatsonDiggs
 Explain this annoying Vibrate thing. You guys are messing up man, why do the settings for vibrate in the sound profile override the per app vibrate settings. Put my phone on vibrate, uncheck the vibrate box in GMail and the phones still vibrating for every email. Tell them to fix it man

[COLOR=#red]It's the often used systems engineering doctrine of global settings have a higher priority than local settings my dude. Basic heirarchy.[/COLOR]

you a EE right?

[COLOR=#red]Well I actually worked for Apple...like not Apple retail store but full on Apple Corporate with full benefits and privileges. It was then I realized the real deal with Apple but I'll never put it out there over the Internet.

Put it this way after seeing the real deal, I'm happy ti5be an Android guy, that still buys Apple products. That new MacBook is bought immediately[/COLOR]

I worked for Apple as well. Welcome to the club. But yea that's for retail not corporate lol

Last edited:
Zenfone 2 just went on sale in Taiwan.

Price breakdown:

5 inch variant:
ZE500CL: 1.6Ghz Intel Atom Z2560, 2GB RAM, 720p and 16GB storage for ~$158

5.5 inch variants:
ZE550ML 1.8Ghz Intel Atom Z25600, 720p resolution, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage for ~$190
ZE551ML 1.8Ghz Intel Atom Z2560, 1080p display, 2GB RAM and 32GB storage for ~$221
ZE551ML 2.3Ghz Intel Atom Z3580, 1080p display, 4GB RAM and 32GB storage for ~$285

Gonna see if my pops can snag one ...

Link? And will it work in USA?

And 1080p is worthless on a phone. You won't tell the difference. Its really other technology they use to make the screen look better and they call it 1080p for selling purposes. But yes,it's worthless

Last edited:
yeah but you're acting like captain save-a as if touchwiz is your girlfriend. whenever anyone says anything about her being fat or smelly or about how she needs to tend to her hair lip or about how she snorts when she laughs or about how she needs to stop wearing tight clothes because it accentuates her rolls, you are always there to defend her. :\

edit: but nyc IS that great.

Lmao

I worked for Apple as well. Welcome to the club. But yea that's for retail not corporate lol

[COLOR=#red]that's what I appreciate about you Superb. You have the amazing ability tell people what's going on for them...and be totally wrong :lol: I'd never work retail for Apple. I did that for Sony once and it's for the birds.[/COLOR]

whenever anyone says anything about her being fat or smelly or about how she needs to tend to her hair lip or about how she snorts when she laughs or about how she needs to stop wearing tight clothes because it accentuates her rolls, you are always there to defend her. :\

edit: but nyc IS that great.

[COLOR=#red]But if I didn't defend your girl who would? :rofl:

That wasn't my original joke BTW but dudes get too sensitive in here so I altered it a little.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]that's what I appreciate about you Superb. You have the amazing ability tell people what's going on for them...and be totally wrong :lol: I'd never work retail for Apple. I did that for Sony once and it's for the birds.[/COLOR]

Right Right...

Which positon did you have?

Last edited:
Link? And will it work in USA?

And 1080p is worthless on a phone. You won't tell the difference. Its really other technology they use to make the screen look better and they call it 1080p for selling purposes. But yes,it's worthless

Your personal opinion=Fact?....

1080p is noticeable in my opinion.

Your personal opinion=Fact?....

1080p is noticeable in my opinion.
Technically there is no difference. like i said they just make better screens more (ppi) and call it 1080p

Like if you look at reviews many people said the iphone 5 screen i which is 720p is same on par as the s4 screen which is 1080p

heres some articles

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/10/1080p-on-a-smartphone-screencan-it-possibly-matter/
 “For ordinary viewing of videos, 1920×1080 is really not going to make a visual difference.”  Even with a 5-inch display on a phone, the difference will be hard to make out.
http://www.androidauthority.com/1080p-phone-screen-may-not-matter-124408/

720p use less battery,energy and cpu and it really isnt much of a differnce. its all in the pixels

Last edited:
Some other quotes from the article you posted.

When it comes to 1080p on a smartphone, he admits that it might not matter for the most casual users. "For some people, it is possible to tell the difference if we were to sit down and study a [1080p] display and a [720p] display, side-by-side," he said in a phone interview with Ars.

I have an iPhone 4s and an S5 next to each other right now and the screen of the S5 looks more crisp like colored paper. And when I look at movies on the S5, it looks more smooth and crisp.

Back
Top Bottom