• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tried 380 before this and it turned it into a tablet.

Settings and everything changed

Last edited:
I cant even dislike TW without some large conspiracy theory and analysis go on. Why can't it just suck compared to stock in terms of ease of use? 

[COLOR=#red]Nope, not while I have an active NT account :lol:

Dudes ain't being original and I'm calling them out, like it or not.[/COLOR]

lol i got nothin but love for my fellow tech heads in here but i see u wit the samsung cape b :lol:

IDK if its the rom I'm on or what but even I turn the vibration off for apps in their personal settings, the second I switch to vibrate mode those same apps are vibrating.

Tried 380 before this and it turned it into a tablet.

Settings and everything changed
yup.

I tried going back to 480 (from 380) and I thought my phone was broken. It looked so cartoon-ish.

Anyway, times are changing, and I have to credit the 6", low dpi, and incredibleness that is the google keyboard. I used to dread typing long messages on my phone, so I would boot up my laptop. Now I almost prefer typing on my phone. It's really incredible how far things have come. And it's all about simplicity combined with good behind-the-scenes processing. It is not about a crowded layout and all kinds of options and gimmicks in your face. Unfortunately one major company hasn't learned that yet...

The google voice and keyboard predictions have become so much better this past year. They no longer rely on just regular dictionaries and dont' require you to add words one at a time. They are using context, text from your email/texts/contacts/etc., and also info from the internet to help make spelling and predictions better. That iPhone ad where you can send voice texts because it's too difficult to type or recognize long words is idiotic because google is already capable of recognizing those things. True, there are some words where it has difficulty recognizing it. It's not perfect... yet.

Wonder what these other companies have contributed lately....

edit: my one complaint/request is that the keyboard is lacking the arrow/cursor keys that had been added in the past by CM and others. It's tough precisely moving your cursor to a specific point in the text at 380.

Last edited:
for those of you guys in socal, i was looking into the tmobile 4 lines unlimited data for $180 deal before taxes so like $200 probably after tax. currently paying $230 after taxes a month for our family's 4 lines on sprint with unlimited everything. is it worth the switch? service with sprint is pretty bad in my area and we dont really even get 4G everywhere in my area. hows tmobiles service? gonig to be getting the M9 with either tmobile or sprint so is there any negatives to getting android phones with tmobile instead of sprint as well?

edit: damn just realized tmobile doesnt do phone upgrades anymore, just financing. is that true? if so i wouldnt switch.

Last edited:
Wait you guys are running stock ROMs on Note 4s!? :lol:

Yup

what does touchwiz look like with a launcher on it? the only thing that i dislike from touchwiz is that its ugly.

im sure in terms of usability, it performs, cus i think any person can get used to an os and make it work for them if they use it long enough.

but in terms of looks is it fair to say that touchwiz is not as nice as the others?

as soon as I got my S5 I got rid of the touchwiz look. Installed Nova Launcher and downloaded some icon packs

what does touchwiz look like with a launcher on it? the only thing that i dislike from touchwiz is that its ugly.

im sure in terms of usability, it performs, cus i think any person can get used to an os and make it work for them if they use it long enough.

but in terms of looks is it fair to say that touchwiz is not as nice as the others?

on the surface, with google launcher it looks like nexus...or what you see kingfoamNYC has below. you don't get the dialer updated or the settings, and such. but 5.0.1 is already being released for note 4 so its only a matter of time, depending on carrier.

Wait you guys are running stock ROMs on Note 4s!? :lol:

Yup

good to know. whenever i pull that rom trigger, i can depend on NT for help lol. you paid of that phone already?

for those of you guys in socal, i was looking into the tmobile 4 lines unlimited data for $180 deal before taxes so like $200 probably after tax. currently paying $230 after taxes a month for our family's 4 lines on sprint with unlimited everything. is it worth the switch? service with sprint is pretty bad in my area and we dont really even get 4G everywhere in my area. hows tmobiles service? gonig to be getting the M9 with either tmobile or sprint so is there any negatives to getting android phones with tmobile instead of sprint as well?

edit: damn just realized tmobile doesnt do phone upgrades anymore, just financing. is that true? if so i wouldnt switch.

its not bad tho. with verizon you'd pay like 200 or 300 for the phone, but your bill would be high because im guessing (and read) they use the higher income to subsidize the discounts on otherwise absurdly expensive phones.

with tmobile...what i did to get my note 4, was they took 50 cash up front, and will add on 30 to my bill every month for 2 years. but the service plans are significantly lower on tmobile. i forget how soon i can get a new phone tho, i think its after 12 months. that or after you've paid 50% of the phone.

idk if that was confusing or helpful but i think financially its less with tmobile because of the lower service plan. and the acute costs are low because you pay it monthly bit by bit. verizon does that via their edge but its complicated in terms of if u really are saving with respect to verizon being already expensive.

note you do get a LOT more data for your $ with tmo.

Last edited:
I would myself. I'm just happy with my battery and don't wanna have it take a lil hit

I can get at least 5.5 hours sot with this Arcadia rom

on the surface, with google launcher it looks like nexus...or what you see kingfoamNYC has below. you don't get the dialer updated or the settings, and such. but 5.0.1 is already being released for note 4 so its only a matter of time, depending on carrier.
good to know. whenever i pull that rom trigger, i can depend on NT for help lol. you paid of that phone already?
its not bad tho. with verizon you'd pay like 200 or 300 for the phone, but your bill would be high because im guessing (and read) they use the higher income to subsidize the discounts on otherwise absurdly expensive phones.

with tmobile...what i did to get my note 4, was they took 50 cash up front, and will add on 30 to my bill every month for 2 years. but the service plans are significantly lower on tmobile. i forget how soon i can get a new phone tho, i think its after 12 months. that or after you've paid 50% of the phone.

idk if that was confusing or helpful but i think financially its less with tmobile because of the lower service plan. and the acute costs are low because you pay it monthly bit by bit. verizon does that via their edge but its complicated in terms of if u really are saving with respect to verizon being already expensive.

note you do get a LOT more data for your $ with tmo.

Still got a grip left on my N4 :lol: will pay whatever I have left to get the half of the device paid off to cop the S6 edge tho

Last edited:
Man I feel like that defeats the purpose of that phone?

Minus whale copp a Moto X or Nexus 6.

Unless you are strictly doing it for battery life?

^I got the S5 because it has a better camera. If the Nexus/M8 had better cameras and battery life I wouldn't have even considered the S5

Last edited:
I could se the S5 maybe, but the Note 4 of stock Android!? Whhhyyyy :lol:

That is literally the one Android phone that ads legitimate functionality

Maybe not the only Android phone but you get what I'm saying.

Need a cheap android tablet for the crib...

Going to run my Chromecast dongles off it...

Anybody have some suggestions?

I cant even dislike TW without some large conspiracy theory and analysis go on. Why can't it just suck compared to stock in terms of ease of use? 
you can bro. I'm not accusing anybody in here...

I'm saying in general... I think people are just riding the boat...

Same with how people said apple iPhone was so great...

Then you'd say.. "Why?"

Because it just is..

Same with the way people say New York City is so great...

Why?

"Because it just is"

:lol:

IMO HTC Sense is the best looking non stock Android. Loved my M7 until the battery went to @$#@ and I realized how bad the camera was compared to the competition (I was coming from an iPhone 4 at the time so ANYTHING was better :lol:). everything looked so clean, and then I switched to Samsung. Disgusting

Last edited:
I could se the S5 maybe, but the Note 4 of stock Android!? Whhhyyyy :lol:

That is literally the one Android phone that ads legitimate functionality

Maybe not the only Android phone but you get what I'm saying.

Don't they have stock-based ROMs with S-pen capabilities?

Nah I don't think so.

And for whoever asked, I would suggested a Nexus 7 2013

Mostly because that is what I have :lol:

I literally just keep it at the crib and it is useful for playing games and streaming music. I usually just keep it hooked to the Aux cord.

Nexus 7 one of the best purchases I ever made.

Showbox, TVMC, textbooks, epubs, web browsing. Long road trips and flights I'll load it with movies and shows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom