• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anyone with a note try xenonHD for lollipop
nerd.gif
it's stable I see..what that battery like doe. If I can squeeze 5 hours it might be dope.
Stay away from that gotdamn rom. It's very unstable.
why da hail it say stable 
mean.gif

Might give it a shot tomorrow.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.gottabemobile.com/author/adam/[/URL]"]

[h1]Android 5.1 Lollipop Update Breakdown[/h1]

03/07/2015 By Adam Mills

With an Android 5.1 Lollipop update supposedly imminent for Nexus users, we want to take a look at everything there is to know, right now, about the Android 5.1 Lollipop update and the Android 5.1 Lollipop release.

Google has stayed extremely busy since its initial Android 5.0 Lollipop release back in November. In the weeks since the company’s first roll out, we’ve seen the company dish out two new Android 5.0 Lollipop updates in Android 5.0.1 Lollipop and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Both brought bug fixes to Nexus users and owners of other big name devices including Samsung’s Galaxy smartphones.

While the two updates squashed some Android 5.0 Lollipop issues, many Nexus users are still complaining about Android 5.0 Lollipop problems. One visit to Google’s Nexus Help Forum and you’ll get a feel for some of the issues that remain on board. Fortunately, it looks like Google will try and fix some of these problems as well.

Several weeks ago, Google quietly rolled out an Android 5.1 Lollipop update to select devices in select parts of the world. As the weeks have passed, Android 5.1 Lollipop remains a bit mysterious though we’ve started to learn more about the contents of Google’s next big update. This is an update that appears to be much larger than Android 5.0.1 and Android 5.0.2, that’s for sure.

As we head deeper into March towards an inevitable Android 5.1 Lollipop release for Nexus smartphones and tablets, we want to take an updated look at what we know right now about Google’s Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Nexus smartphones and tablets and for non-Nexus devices as well.

[h2]Will My Device Get Android 5.1 Lollipop?[/h2]

Right now, the Android 5.1 Lollipop is available on Android One devices shipping in the Philippines and Indonesia. It’s a bit strange given that Google has yet to really acknowledge the existence of its Android 5.1 update. Perhaps this is a sort of beta test ahead of a wider roll out, maybe it was a way for it to bring attention to Android One, we don’t know. What we do know is that the Android One series, as a whole, should get Android 5.1 before everything is said and done. So what about everyone else?

Google still hasn’t confirmed any concrete Android 5.1 Lollipop release details but thanks to leaks and credible sources, the Android 5.1 Lollipop release picture has come into focus ahead of its release.

Weeks ago, it became clear that Google is least testing the Android 5.1 Lollipop update on the Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 9. Testing doesn’t confirm a public release but it makes one extremely likely.

In February a benchmark, first noticed by Dutch site TechTastic, showed a Nexus 5 model running an Android 5.1 Lollipop update. The benchmark is from the popular GeekBench database.

HTC’s Mo Versi, known for his candidness about Android software releases on Twitter, recently hinted at a release for the HTC One M7. Versi did not confirm the update for any other HTC One models.

In the past week or so, we’ve seen a few other bits of information emerge. Myce, a site known for tracking unreleased Nexus Android updates, has reportedly found multiple Android devices testing and running the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop. Among them, the Nexus 4 and the Nexus 6. This hints at a widespread release for Nexus users.

In a post on the XDA-Developer Google+ page, Damian Junior claims that his “friend, who works at Motorola, sent me these photos in the morning and said they are already testing the update 5.1.0 for the XT1033, he said, he already received your smartphone with android 5.1.0 of the company.” He also added some credible looking screenshots.

So it’s looking like the Android 5.1 Lollipop update and release will not only include Google’s stable of Nexus devices but it will also include other devices from HTC and Motorola, at the very least.

[h2]Android 5.1 Lollipop Release Date[/h2]

Several weeks ago, HTC’s Mo Versi stated that Google’s next MR release, MR stands for Maintenance Release, would be coming in March. Versi isn’t Google but he’s certainly plugged into key software releases so his information is credible. Especially now that Android Police’s Artem Russakovskii has chimed in with new details about the Android 5.1 release date.

He claims pointed to a possible release this week though that may not the case given that it’s now Saturday and we haven’t seen a roll out. Historically, Google’s rolled its big updates out during the week. He claims that battery life issues may be to blame for the “delay” and that the Nexus 7 2013 could be the first device to get the update.

Next week is looking good for a release though nothing is confirmed until Google makes an announcement or plops the update(s) into the Android Open Source Project ahead of an OTA.

[h2]Android 5.1 Lollipop Update Features[/h2]

With Android 5.1 Lollipop already out on some phones, we’re starting to learn a bit more about what’s on board the software update. Android 5.1 Lollipop rumors have pointed to an extensive list of bug fixes but we’re starting see some new features pop up as well.

Here’s a look at all of the new features that will supposedly come on board Android 5.1. The older ones are at the top while the newer discoveries are listed toward the bottom.

[h3]New Wi-Fi Toggle[/h3]

Android 5.1 Lollipop comes equipped with a new Wi-Fi toggle that’s far less intrusive than the current method. To get a feel for the change, take a look at the video below.

Last edited:
If there's so many people saying this (and Samsung is the largest Android manufacturer by a large margin so most have had one of their devices at some point), you have to see that there's something to this.  The TW discussion did not just appear out of thin air and its not a conspiracy lol.

Use a recent Stock or a Sense device for a while and then go back to Touch Wiz.  Not saying you will hate it but you will definitely notice the difference.

[COLOR=#red]Phi, you don't even know the sample size to say so many people. Problem is that the comparison mentality has ruined technology. Peeps can't just appreciate something for what it is without making it about the best this ir best that. TW is TW bro, Sense is Sense, iOS is iOS, Vanilla is Vanilla...guess what though? For the most part they all do the same things just in different manners.

I blame these tech blogs that everybody seems to quote from instead of really buying and using the tech. For example had I listened to those hipsters I would have never bought a Surface Pro 3 because according to them it was incapable. Yet I buy it and try it out knowing i could take it back if it sucked, and the thing is downright powerful. I did a test where I hooked it up to a 1080p HDTV via HDMI, ran two instances of ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, 4 browsers with YouTube playing "I'm in Love with the CoCo" and had OneNote up, and the SP3 ran all of those resource intensive programs split between 2 screens without the slightest slowdown or stutter flawlessly.

I challenge y'all to step away from the tech blogs, those guys are paid by the manufacturers for biased reviews. Trust and believe TW hate in some way has been influenced by them. There's nothing wrong with TouchWiz, if it was as truly flaw3d as a few of the vocal minority says then Samsung devices would be a non-factor. But we all know that's not the case so stop lying to yourselves.

In before someone says I'm a Sam-stan. I have roughyl $8k invested into current tech right now...less than $1k is Samsung, so stop it :rofl:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Well said ;most people are sheep. Only difference being what herd(Samsung,Apple,Microsoft etc) they choose to flock to.

On another note, I feel like it should be much easier/faster for OEMs to update their products than has been typical. Anyone have any technical insight on this?

Last edited:
If there's so many people saying this (and Samsung is the largest Android manufacturer by a large margin so most have had one of their devices at some point), you have to see that there's something to this.  The TW discussion did not just appear out of thin air and its not a conspiracy lol.

Use a recent Stock or a Sense device for a while and then go back to Touch Wiz.  Not saying you will hate it but you will definitely notice the difference.

[COLOR=#red]Phi, you don't even know the sample size to say so many people. Problem is that the comparison mentality has ruined technology. Peeps can't just appreciate something for what it is without making it about the best this ir best that. TW is TW bro, Sense is Sense, iOS is iOS, Vanilla is Vanilla...guess what though? For the most part they all do the same things just in different manners.

I blame these tech blogs that everybody seems to quote from instead of really buying and using the tech. For example had I listened to those hipsters I would have never bought a Surface Pro 3 because according to them it was incapable. Yet I buy it and try it out knowing i could take it back if it sucked, and the thing is downright powerful. I did a test where I hooked it up to a 1080p HDTV via HDMI, ran two instances of ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, 4 browsers with YouTube playing "I'm in Love with the CoCo" and had OneNote up, and the SP3 ran all of those resource intensive programs split between 2 screens without the slightest slowdown or stutter flawlessly.

I challenge y'all to step away from the tech blogs, those guys are paid by the manufacturers for biased reviews. Trust and believe TW hate in some way has been influenced by them. There's nothing wrong with TouchWiz, if it was as truly flaw3d as a few of the vocal minority says then Samsung devices would be a non-factor. But we all know that's not the case so stop lying to yourselves.

In before someone says I'm a Sam-stan. I have roughyl $8k invested into current tech right now...less than $1k is Samsung, so stop it :rofl:[/COLOR]

there are different ways of doing something...totally agree. i want to make something clear tho. I don't think touchwiz is a bad idea. i think it could much better than it already is. built better, faster, cleaner. thats all i've been saying. touchwiz is a way for samsung to make itself stand out from the rest, or as i said, keep it unique.

but even i can tell the company has been hard focused on competing on the hardware front, and has dedicated less in the software dept.

now i have yet to fully explore the phone, s pen, all that. but if you come from simplicity of nexus (my last 3 phones), and especially the fire that is lollipop (bugs aside), it is a change.

i was this close to grabbing the N6 but was worried about it not being pocket friendly at 6" and that all reviews were saying note 4 was the truth in battery, and n6 was not as good.

tech blogs are critical of touch wiz, but at the same time, the note 4 has been one of the best reviewed phones. so clearly touchwiz isn't that big a deal. as u said, if it were, it would be a diff story. for me tho, its a step back from pure lollipop but the bigger screen and battery life prompted me to make the change.

my critical comments about TW are just from someone who has spent a long time on pure android, that is all. this is my first samsung phone. and hey like i said, when that lollipop touchwiz drops maybe things might improve!

^ true. If anything, tech blogs have been trashing the N6. I can't tell you how many random articles are suggested on my google now cards saying that the Nexus 6 is a failure, too big, a bad experiment, etc...

So my ideas on phones (whether it's an appreciation for nexus or a dislike for touchwiz) are not coming from the tech sites that I read. If anything, the small but consistent minority on here over the years who stood by Nexus and vanilla Android led me to take a look at those things. Without them it may never have crossed my mind to try CM, Nexus, etc.

For the record, Touchwiz is not terribly flawed. It's just not great. But it should be given how much money Samsung has and how many units they sell.

Last edited:
Any note users running cmRemix 
nerd.gif
 it's on lollipop

Ain't been on stock in a minute.. and with all this TW slander I want to see what I'm missing with a "pure" android rom.

In before someone says I'm a Sam-stan. I have roughyl $8k invested into current tech right now...less than $1k is Samsung, so stop it :rofl:
[/COLOR]

Still hate touchwiz.

Last edited:
I cant even dislike TW without some large conspiracy theory and analysis go on. Why can't it just suck compared to stock in terms of ease of use? 

I cant even dislike TW without some large conspiracy theory and analysis go on. Why can't it just suck compared to stock in terms of ease of use? 

[COLOR=#red]Nope, not while I have an active NT account :lol:

Dudes ain't being original and I'm calling them out, like it or not.[/COLOR]

Well I just love stock. Stock Android is the reason why I went back to the Nexus line twice even though the battery life is always poor. They've fooled me enough times though, you can just flash stock roms.

[COLOR=#red]Nope, not while I have an active NT account :lol:

Dudes ain't being original and I'm calling them out, like it or not.[/COLOR]

Well I just love stock. Stock Android is the reason why I went back to the Nexus line twice even though the battery life is always poor.

EWD, stock is cleaner, faster and less obtrusive. People can have opinions against something and it not be because they are influenced by tech blogs. I've tried every flagship (and will continue to do so), there's a reason I always go back to stock (or Motorola's version of stock). If a stock-like ROM is available, I flash that. Why do you think Motorola's X phones have been lauded? Do you see a lot of ROMs trying to replicate Sense or TW for other devices? Do you see people on a Nexus device wanting a more Samsung-y type experience? Why do you think those Google Play Edition devices existed?

I'm not saying you are on Samsung's payroll or anything, but to say that anyone with a negative opinion of a skin or OS is just a sheep is weak.

On 5.0.2 and must say I do like the look over tw :lol: now if the battery life can hold up.

Foam how do you take a screenshot on this ROM..doesn't work the same way as stock tw with home and power.

Last edited:
so im curious...what did samsung do exactly, to become the best android smartphone maker there is?

I'd say that it largely stems from a consistently strong marketing campaign, eye-catching gimmicks, and learning how to tap into the same simplicity-loving consumer base that Apple feeds on.

All while still making their devices powerful enough to please the real tech-lovers.

Last edited:
so im curious...what did samsung do exactly, to become the best android smartphone maker there is?

I think they just had the best marketing and the s3 was a good phone that blew them up

Last edited:
I'm not getting into the debates.  I've used Touch Wiz devices,  Nexus, Sense, etc.  In my use, TouchWiz' experience just wasnt as cohesive as the rest(LG either).  This is my opinion from OWNING them.  USING them.  You cant debate hands on experience.  Im not saying Samsung sucks.  They make good devices.  But being a Software Engineer myself, the software does not perform like it should coming from the company with the biggest budget out of all OEMs.  Im not saying this because anyone else has.   But like I said, i'm sure others in this thread have owned a Samsung device at one time or another.

On 5.0.2 and must say I do like the look over tw
laugh.gif
now if the battery life can hold up.

Foam how do you take a screenshot on this ROM..doesn't work the same way as stock tw with home and power.
Power and Volume down probably

i've used both..

and i remember when it was getting the hate BAD with the gs3..

i just always thought it was a runaway train of hate..

i've given tons of people my nexus with stock android... and they did not like it..

honestly, i think the stock android was overrated and people just hated on the TouchWiz.

not saying the people in here are sheep... i'm just saying that i think if the general consensus on something is a negative opinion, people will follow suit...

[COLOR=#red]"Doesn't perform like it should". Lies, and subjectivity if I've ever heard it before. Samsung's budget isn't the reason why they are ahead...because Samsung has always had a huge budget as a multi-billion dollar conglomerate and at one time HTC was king of the hill.

Samsung is at the top because they were the only manufacturer that successfully went at the neck of Apple when Apple took their foot off the throttle with the 4S and Samsung had the Galaxy S2, then hot off the heels of the S2, they redefined the smartphone industry with the Original Note. They haven't looked back since. Know your history.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
On 5.0.2 and must say I do like the look over tw :lol: now if the battery life can hold up.

Power and Volume down probably
that was it..thanks brah.

Also trying out the 420 DPI its :pimp: along with stock lollipop

Last edited:

So much text on the screen :pimp: :pimp:. Will never keep stock Dpi ever. I may go lower the this just to see what it's like but 420 is the sweet spot for me right now

Back
Top Bottom