Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll play:

nexus 6
galaxy s3
macbook pro 13" (old model but has 2 ssd's and 16 GB ram)
panny 46" plasma TV + Chromecast

That's about it. I have an old external monitor but want to get a QHD display soon.

sreggie101, I concur. I haven't used tw in ages but whenever I see it I can't believe how awful some of it is. But also some of it is really good.

android 5.0 is just so clean and simple. it stays out of the way. there are a lot of simple touches that make it flow visually. true, it's buggy at times, but compared to older versions it is pretty stable actually.

the best compliment I can give stock lollipop is that I don't even notice it.

[COLOR=#red]Lol I tried to not like TW just because everybody else that's tech oriented seems to not like it, but I just can't. I have so many devices with so many different UIs that I learn to appreciate them for what they are.

I still think there's at least more than a few that don't like TW because they've heard other people say they don't like it. I'm not saying it's the best, not saying it's the worst, I just learn it and use it. [/COLOR]

I can't use TW, or any skin for that matter. Motorola is doing it right. Out of all the non-stock skins, I would have to LG's is the least offensive. This is why, regardless of how many phones I try throughout the year, I always end up back on a Nexus. A GPE S6 Edge would be ideal.

Can always flash a bone stock rock..or something close like cm12 for the note/s6 if you don't like tw.

I don't mind them too much. There's nothing I really miss about stock.

I'm not sure about LG ui..if you think Samsungs notification pull down menu is ugly..LGs I think is a strong contender for worst :lol:

Last edited:
Touch wiz is garbage. No one would use it if it was one of their infinite settings to turn it off.

Last edited:
It's really not that serious to me. It takes about a minute to get adjusted to any interface and I'm OK with it.

Touch wiz is garbage. No one would use it if it was one of their infinite settings to turn it off.

If it meant losing the S Pen features, then I would definitely still use it. If I had any other Samsung but a Note, I'd go stock in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
I've never seen people agree so much on anything regarding Android except the fact that Touchwiz is awful.

I always thought the touch wiz hate was just people trying to join the techie talk

Like saying Lebron isn't a great player or Kobe is the most clutch ever...

Tw is NOT as bad as people tried to make it out to be

I haven't even used a Samsung device yet, but the Note 4 or the S6 will be my next phone. Which is weird, because I never thought I would be the one to have a bigger phone, but the first moto x seems too small for me now for some reason.

Anyone with a note try xenonHD for lollipop :nerd: it's stable I see..what that battery like doe. If I can squeeze 5 hours it might be dope.

pick up some new toys. Anybody have any good apps, watch faces for the 360.

that watch is really cool. saw someone wearing it, and thought it looked sleek.

ya touch wiz is tolerable. and its not a bad idea. just could be a lot better. and the first step to accomplishing that is just to tone it down. anyone with a sprint note 4 should have the 5.0.1 update already...and with it the new touchwiz. what dat thang like?

I always thought the touch wiz hate was just people trying to join the techie talk

Like saying Lebron isn't a great player or Kobe is the most clutch ever...

Tw is NOT as bad as people tried to make it out to be
If there's so many people saying this (and Samsung is the largest Android manufacturer by a large margin so most have had one of their devices at some point), you have to see that there's something to this.  The TW discussion did not just appear out of thin air and its not a conspiracy lol.

Use a recent Stock or a Sense device for a while and then go back to Touch Wiz.  Not saying you will hate it but you will definitely notice the difference.

Last edited:
If there's so many people saying this (and Samsung is the largest Android manufacturer by a large margin so most have had one of their devices at some point), you have to see that there's something to this.  The TW discussion did not just appear out of thin air and its not a conspiracy lol.

Use a recent Stock or a Sense device for a while and then go back to Touch Wiz.  Not saying you will hate it but you will definitely notice the difference.

one will definitely notice a lot less slow, slimy, overly colorful, and sometimes unresponsive jizzy residue on the finger tips.

Last edited:
 [h1]Android 5.1 Lollipop Update Breakdown[/h1]
03/07/2015  By Adam Mills

With an Android 5.1 Lollipop update supposedly imminent  for Nexus users, we want to take a look at everything there is to know, right now, about the Android 5.1 Lollipop update and the Android 5.1 Lollipop release.

Google has stayed extremely busy since its initial Android 5.0 Lollipop release back in November. In the weeks since the company’s first roll out, we’ve seen the company dish out two new Android 5.0 Lollipop updates in Android 5.0.1 Lollipop and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Both brought bug fixes to Nexus users and owners of other big name devices including Samsung’s Galaxy smartphones.

While the two updates squashed some Android 5.0 Lollipop issues, many Nexus users are still complaining about Android 5.0 Lollipop problems. One visit to Google’s Nexus Help Forum  and you’ll get a feel for some of the issues that remain on board. Fortunately, it looks like Google will try and fix some of these problems as well.

Several weeks ago, Google quietly rolled out an Android 5.1 Lollipop update  to select devices in select parts of the world. As the weeks have passed, Android 5.1 Lollipop remains a bit mysterious though we’ve started to learn more about the contents of Google’s next big update. This is an update that appears to be much larger than Android 5.0.1 and Android 5.0.2, that’s for sure.

As we head deeper into March towards an inevitable Android 5.1 Lollipop release for Nexus smartphones and tablets, we want to take an updated look at what we know right now about Google’s Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Nexus smartphones and tablets and for non-Nexus devices as well.
[h2]Will My Device Get Android 5.1 Lollipop?[/h2]
Right now, the Android 5.1 Lollipop is available on Android One devices shipping in the Philippines and Indonesia. It’s a bit strange given that Google has yet to really acknowledge the existence of its Android 5.1 update. Perhaps this is a sort of beta test ahead of a wider roll out, maybe it was a way for it to bring attention to Android One, we don’t know. What we do know is that the Android One series, as a whole, should get Android 5.1 before everything is said and done. So what about everyone else?

Google still hasn’t confirmed any concrete Android 5.1 Lollipop release details but thanks to leaks and credible sources, the Android 5.1 Lollipop release picture has come into focus ahead of its release.

Weeks ago, it became clear that Google is least testing the Android 5.1 Lollipop update  on the Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 9. Testing doesn’t confirm a public release but it makes one extremely likely.

In February a benchmark, first noticed by  Dutch site TechTastic, showed a Nexus 5 model running an Android 5.1 Lollipop update. The benchmark is from the popular GeekBench database.

HTC’s Mo Versi, known for his candidness about Android software releases on Twitter, recently hinted at a release for the HTC One M7. Versi did not confirm the update for any other HTC One models.

In the past week or so, we’ve seen a few other bits of information emerge. Myce, a site known for tracking unreleased Nexus Android updates, has reportedly found  multiple Android devices testing and running the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop. Among them, the Nexus 4 and the Nexus 6. This hints at a widespread release for Nexus users.

In a post on the XDA-Developer Google+ page, Damian Junior  claims that his “friend, who works at Motorola, sent me these photos in the morning and said they are already testing the update 5.1.0 for the XT1033, he said, he already received your smartphone with android 5.1.0 of the company.” He also added some credible looking screenshots.

So it’s looking like the Android 5.1 Lollipop update and release will not only include Google’s stable of Nexus devices but it will also include other devices from HTC and Motorola, at the very least.
[h2]Android 5.1 Lollipop Release Date[/h2]
Several weeks ago, HTC’s Mo Versi stated that Google’s next MR release, MR stands for Maintenance Release, would be coming in March. Versi isn’t Google but he’s certainly plugged into key software releases so his information is credible. Especially now that Android Police’s  Artem Russakovskii has chimed in with new details about the Android 5.1 release date.

He claims pointed to a possible release this week though that may not the case given that it’s now Saturday and we haven’t seen a roll out. Historically, Google’s rolled its big updates out during the week. He claims that battery life issues may be to blame for the “delay” and that the Nexus 7 2013 could be the first device to get the update.

Next week is looking good for a release though nothing is confirmed until Google makes an announcement or plops the update(s) into the Android Open Source Project ahead of an OTA.
[h2]Android 5.1 Lollipop Update Features[/h2]
With Android 5.1 Lollipop already out on some phones, we’re starting to learn a bit more about what’s on board the software update. Android 5.1 Lollipop rumors have pointed to an extensive list of bug fixes but we’re starting see some new features pop up as well.

Here’s a look at all of the new features that will supposedly come on board Android 5.1. The older ones are at the top while the newer discoveries are listed toward the bottom.
[h3]New Wi-Fi Toggle[/h3]
Android 5.1 Lollipop comes equipped with a new Wi-Fi toggle that’s far less intrusive than the current method. To get a feel for the change, take a look at the video below.
[h3]New Clock Animations[/h3]
The Android 5.1 Lollipop update will bring some new animations to the clock application. These changes, discovered by  Android Police, can be seen in the short video below.
[h3]Screen Pinning[/h3]
Screen pinning, a feature that arrived with Android 5.0 Lollipop, will be getting an upgrade in Android 5.1 Lollipop. The interface changes, which are described in-depth by  Android Police, allow for more freedom when pinning a screen. Specifically, the changes eliminate a pesky dialog box and it explains how to unpin a screen with more clarity.
[h3]Quick Settings[/h3]
There are also a few changes to Quick Settings. You can now easily hide options like Wi-Fi Hotspot from the Quick Settings tiles. The Android 5.1 Lollipop update also brings some changes to the way that you can swipe to get rid of the Quick settings menu and unlock the device. Both features can be seen in action in the videos below.
[h3]New Dialer Colors[/h3]
One feature that’s available on Android One phones now and could come to other devices is a new option that allows users to change the dialer theme for a particular SIM card. Android Police also spotted this feature and while small, it could be useful for those using a dual-SIM smartphone. The feature can be seen in action in the video below:
[h3]New Volume Features[/h3]
The site also points out a useful option for those that are concerned with volume and alarms. You can now prevent notifications from showing until the next alarm. There are also changes to the look of the interface. Those changes can be seen in detail here.
[h3]Improvements to Contacts[/h3]
We’re also going to see some improvements to the look and feel  of the Contacts application. Specifically, Google’s made some changes that bring it closer to its other apps that use Material Design. The changes can be seen in the video below.
[h3]Bug Fixes[/h3]
Android 5.1 Lollipop rumors suggest that we’ll also see a number of bug fixes as well. Here’s the rumored Android 5.1 Lollipop change log  that leaked out at the tail end of last year and it could be similar to what we see arrive later this month:
  • Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
  • General improvements in system stability
  • Improved RAM management
  • Fixes for sudden app closures
  • Improved battery management
  • Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
  • Issues with wireless connections fixed
  • Problems with OK Google function solved
  • Notifications problems solved
  • Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
  • Other improvements and changes
With an Apple Watch and iOS 8.2 update looming, we could potentially see Google try to take some wind out of Cupertino’s sails with an Android 5.1 Lollipop update release of its own. Look for new details to arrive very soon.

Back
Top Bottom