• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm thinking about trading in my Nexus 5 for the Note 4. Is that even a wise decision right now being that the phone release cycle is about to begin anew? I would wait for the Note 5 but by that point the trade in value of my Nexus 5 would be nothing, plus T-Mobile should be offering me an extra 85$ for it being that Sprint is offering $35 more trade in value for it and that entitles me to that plus another $50 according to this page.

https://manage.my.t-mobile.com/DeviceRecovery/LiteQuoteTool.aspx

I'm thinking about trading in my Nexus 5 for the Note 4. Is that even a wise decision right now being that the phone release cycle is about to begin anew? I would wait for the Note 5 but by that point the trade in value of my Nexus 5 would be nothing, plus T-Mobile should be offering me an extra 85$ for it being that Sprint is offering $35 more trade in value for it and that entitles me to that plus another $50 according to this page.

https://manage.my.t-mobile.com/DeviceRecovery/LiteQuoteTool.aspx

Not a bad idea. Note 4 will carry more value if you want to eventually trade for something else.

S6 Edge is legit. I'm on a Note 4 but might have to look into trading up when the Note 5 comes out. Samsung Pay, something I thought would be ridiculous and gimmicky, is extremely well implemented. The fact that it can do NFC payments AND mag-strip payments is awesome. Definitely one-upped the mobile payment world there IMO.

Samsung really impressed me with their new approach to how they do their phones now. I can only hope that software is next on their list of things to streamline and overhaul.

As sexy as the S6 Edge is, I'm probably gonna stick with the standard S6. Extra $100, some distortion on full-screen mode, increased likelihood of cracking the screen......nah.

I'll have to check them out in stores. I'm leaning towards the curve just cause :lol: no real reason. I think it has a slightly bigger battery?

anyone knows with tmobile the free stream service if music uploaded to google play cloud is included. Like my personal collection?  I got over 250Gb of music

anyone knows with tmobile the free stream service if music uploaded to google play cloud is included. Like my personal collection?  I got over 250Gb of music
I've been using my personal cloud since Google Play was announced as being added to the streaming list and none of it has applied to my data charges, but when I asked ITT they told me that your personal stash wouldnt apply. Its weird.

I've been using my personal cloud since Google Play was announced as being added to the streaming list and none of it has applied to my data charges, but when I asked ITT they told me that your personal stash wouldnt apply. Its weird.
Are you sure? if so that is good

You gotta pay to play homie. Cost to be the boss. No phone-mance without finance. Yada yada yada.

Samsung said "Oh y'all want premium...we got premium. Don't cry now peeps, now that you have to put out for it.
laugh.gif
so true. everybody wanted premium

S6 edge is one of the sexiest phones I've ever seen. Cost too much for me though :smh: got to wait for that OP2

Are you sure? if so that is good
I just played two straight songs then did #932#, no data usage. Also even when I go over my allotted 4G data use I still use Google music and songs queue right up which I dont think would happen if they were being loaded up using 2G data

Forgot T-Mobile started this. Would make having unlimited Play Music so much more glorious...

[COLOR=#red]You gotta pay to play homie. Cost to be the boss. No phone-mance without finance. Yada yada yada.

Samsung said "Oh y'all want premium...we got premium. Don't cry now peeps, now that you have to put out for it. :lol: [/COLOR]
Nobody wanted to get rid of removable battery, no SD slot, no waterproof tho.

I think the biggest drawback is the SD.

I haven't heard of waterproofing being a deal breaker from anyone I know.

I think the biggest drawback is the SD.

I haven't heard of waterproofing being a deal breaker from anyone I know.

Exact reason i copped the Note 4 last week. If everything goes non removable ill have the last great device with removable batt/storage

That's some nice stuff

[COLOR=#red]Thanks my dude, yeah even though i don't qualify for any of the jobs at the engineer fair, me and my crew go anyway to get the free stuff :rofl:[/COLOR]

you talking about 350 companies at a engineering career fair takes me back. struggle was serious. there were a lotta companies where i wasn't about that life. like spaceX i know you gotta be SSJ3 to apply/get considered.

or know someone i guess, but even then, you'd still gotta be crazy with it.

anyways i grabbed the Note 4 today. having growing pains i guess coming from nexus 5. my N5 battery life went out the window.

spending so much time on lollipop, and then going to touch wiz is...well its a bit different.

phone built quality is def there. really well built, and i can see myself getting use to the size, to the point where the n5 may seem small again. i think touch wiz looks very dated, so the 5.0.1 update will be appreciated. still have a lot of time to spend with the phone. looking forward to it. battery is def better tho! just need to customize it to make it feel more like home.

its not verizon level bloatware but still, some apps are just unnecessary lol.

was about to cop nexus 6, but tbh that joint looks uncomfortable in the pocket.

Just got the Note 4 
smokin.gif
. Someone link  a case please.
 anyways i grabbed the Note 4 today. having growing pains i guess coming from nexus 5. my N5 battery life went out the window.

spending so much time on lollipop, and then going to touch wiz is...well its a bit different.

phone built quality is def there. really well built, and i can see myself getting use to the size, to the point where the n5 may seem small again. i think touch wiz looks very dated, so the 5.0.1 update will be appreciated. still have a lot of time to spend with the phone. looking forward to it. battery is def better tho! just need to customize it to make it feel more like home.

its not verizon level bloatware but still, some apps are just unnecessary lol.

was about to cop nexus 6, but tbh that joint looks uncomfortable in the pocket.
We both flourished today. Couldnt be about that Nexus 5 life anymore either. 

Last edited:
Note 4 people are you guys still using Arcadia rom? I've seen all the posts about the stellar battery life, but see that it has no wifi calling capabilities, not a deal breaker but still.

Also case suggestions?

PLEASE RESPOND

Note 4 people are you guys still using Arcadia rom? I've seen all the posts about the stellar battery life, but see that it has no wifi calling capabilities, not a deal breaker but still.

Also case suggestions?

PLEASE RESPOND

wow some ROMS don't have that? been on nexus for a min, so i never had wifi calling. joint is mad useful.

Yeah I'm still on Arcadia..Battery life has been good for me. This has been a 50/50 mixture of wifi and data

So I should end up with close to 6 hours on screen..that's usually the average for my note. 5:30-6 hours on Arcadia the other roms I was getting slightly under 5. I did nothing after flashing..no tweaks no nada. I've never used wifi calling so I didn't even know it wasn't possible on this rom

Also #teamnaked

Back
Top Bottom