• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What was the non-contract, street price for the M8 when it first dropped? Not sure if I should cop the M9 on release day or wait a few months for the price to drop.
Mine was 649 straight from HTC around launch.  The non-contract prices usually hover around the same price for a while(unless buying used), usually until something new comes down the pipeline behind it. So if you are going to jump just do it. Sometimes htc randomly has deals but its hard to predict when that'll be.   I'd suggest you wait atleast a month for the reviews and real world use though, just in case there are any issues.

Last edited:
What was the non-contract, street price for the M8 when it first dropped? Not sure if I should cop the M9 on release day or wait a few months for the price to drop.

Mine was 649 straight from HTC around launch.  The non-contract prices usually hover around the same price for a while(unless buying used), usually until something new comes down the pipeline behind it. So if you are going to jump just do it. Sometimes htc randomly has deals but its hard to predict when that'll be.   I'd suggest you wait atleast a month for the reviews and real world use though, just in case there are any issues.

Yea definitely gonna sit a few weeks and wait for the real-world, real people reviews to come in.

Appreciate it.

3 days into my cycle :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

No more "unlimited" throttled.

Last edited:
Are there ANY Android tablets out there worth investing in? Gotta upgrade the tablet (currently an iPad 2) to something newer/faster. I'm heavily leaning on getting the Air 2, but wanted to make sure I did my due diligence with the GOAT platform, Android.

Are there ANY Android tablets out there worth investing in? Gotta upgrade the tablet (currently an iPad 2) to something newer/faster. I'm heavily leaning on getting the Air 2, but wanted to make sure I did my due diligence with the GOAT platform, Android.

Nexus 9 is pretty dope. Played around with it at best buy, but I don't have any reason to upgrade because my Nexus 7 is still holding up.

The G Pad was also very compelling. I'm not a huge LG fan sans the N5, but it might be worth taking a look at.

HTC isn't gonna meet there 90 day deadline they made. Of course [emoji]128529[/emoji][emoji]128529[/emoji] update is delayed.

HTC isn't gonna meet there 90 day deadline they made. Of course [emoji]128529[/emoji][emoji]128529[/emoji] update is delayed.
Blame your phone carrier... Lollipop is out, but carriers have their own update testing process/timeline.  Plus they need time to add their carrier bloat to the software.

[h1]Lollipop delayed for some carrier versions of HTC One M8 and M7[/h1]

NEWS

SMARTPHONES
By Dan Thorp-Lancaster  | Jan 30 2015 | 5:56 pm  | 95 Comments

htc-one-m7-m8.jpg

After releasing Lollipop  for the M8 on a few Canadian carriers just yesterday, HTC has announced today that it won't be able to hit the promised 90-day window  for a rollout to some carrier versions of the HTC One M8  and One M7.

Mo Versi, HTC's VP of Product Management wrote of the development in a blog post today, saying:
We've been working hard in the labs with Google and our carrier partners ever since the code release and are making great progress so far, but if you've been following the progress of this rollout you will know that Google has had to address several issues with this release. We've been diligently working to fix some of them on our end and incorporating Google's fixes as quickly as possible, but despite everyone's best efforts some carrier versions of the HTC One (M8) and HTC One (M7) will not meet our 90 day goal, which is February 1st. While we are committed to delivering within this time period, we are even more committed to ensuring these updates result in an even better experience with your device because that is what the updates are intended to do.
It's important to emphasize this is for certain carrier editions only. HTC has already managed to push Lollipop to both unlocked  and Google Play Edition  devices so far. There's no timeline on when users can expect the update to eventually rollout to their carrier version, but Versi notes that they are committed to hitting as close to that 90-day windows as possible.

Source: HTC

Its not all on the carriers. HTC hasn't been able to keep up with googles updates to it themselves. They shouldn't have been badasses and set a deadline.

Blame your phone carrier... Lollipop is out, but carriers have their own update testing process/timeline.  Plus they need time to add their carrier bloat to the software.
No ....

HTC promised a 90 day window to update all unlocked and international phones within 90 days, and within 90 days submit lolipop to all the crriers, they did not hold their promise

We understand carriers have to add in their stuff but HTC said it will have it to the carriers within 90 days

So what are you guys using to stream showbox to the chrome cast these days? I feel like you had to get a different app to do so but I can't remember which one.

So what are you guys using to stream showbox to the chrome cast these days? I feel like you had to get a different app to do so but I can't remember which one.
Avia
LocalCast
BubblePunP

And when everything fails, I just use Chromecast, cast screen. It will duplicate your phone image on the TV. You just can't turn the phone off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom