Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h4][/h4]
[h4]T-Mobile Comet sends $9.99 shot across the bow of dumbphones[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Nov 1st 2010 12:54PM

The argument used to be that carriers' higher pricing for smartphone data plans were what kept them out of the low end, regardless of the upfront on-contract cost -- but now that T-Mobile has rolled out a 200MB / $10 package, phones like the Comet -- a T-Mobile branded version of the Huawei Ideos announced at IFA -- might actually pose a serious threat to the livelihoods of dumbphones everywhere. Why's that? Well, the carrier will be charging a ridiculously low $9.99 on contract after $50 rebate for it, featuring 7.2Mbps HSPA, FM radio, integrated Swype, microSD expansion up to 32GB, and 802.11b / g / n atop Froyo; in fact, the only immediately-obvious downside to it is that it's got just a 2.8-inch QVGA display. As you might recall, Huawei worked closely with Google to design the Ideos as an Android device for the masses, and we came away with a pretty positive impression with it when we checked it out at IFA -- so we're bullish that this thing is going to make some waves in its Comet guise. It launches on November 3 -- and you'll be able to get it in prepaid guise through some third-party retailers for "less than $200."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
more devices sold = bigger market
Link

[h4][/h4]
[h4]T-Mobile Comet sends $9.99 shot across the bow of dumbphones[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Nov 1st 2010 12:54PM

The argument used to be that carriers' higher pricing for smartphone data plans were what kept them out of the low end, regardless of the upfront on-contract cost -- but now that T-Mobile has rolled out a 200MB / $10 package, phones like the Comet -- a T-Mobile branded version of the Huawei Ideos announced at IFA -- might actually pose a serious threat to the livelihoods of dumbphones everywhere. Why's that? Well, the carrier will be charging a ridiculously low $9.99 on contract after $50 rebate for it, featuring 7.2Mbps HSPA, FM radio, integrated Swype, microSD expansion up to 32GB, and 802.11b / g / n atop Froyo; in fact, the only immediately-obvious downside to it is that it's got just a 2.8-inch QVGA display. As you might recall, Huawei worked closely with Google to design the Ideos as an Android device for the masses, and we came away with a pretty positive impression with it when we checked it out at IFA -- so we're bullish that this thing is going to make some waves in its Comet guise. It launches on November 3 -- and you'll be able to get it in prepaid guise through some third-party retailers for "less than $200."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
more devices sold = bigger market
Link

yo that 10 dollar smart phone is a win. Honestly for 10 bucks I can't see many of these "dumbphones" last much longer....

yo that 10 dollar smart phone is a win. Honestly for 10 bucks I can't see many of these "dumbphones" last much longer....

Originally Posted by DunkeDinSaucE

Alright guys, so after a month or so i finally rooted my vibrant. The main reason is someone came into my work today claiming hes overclocked his to 1.6ghz. i changed the proccessor speed using Setcpu and it is  fast!

heres my set up:
I used the OCLF app to root
SetCpu app to over clock (max 1ghz)
LauncherPro for customizations
Desktop visualizer
Battstatt
TAJM app

I spent a few hours researching, and setting it up. Is there anything else you guys reccomend? Also where can i down load new icons and what not? annnd for the guys who used desktop visualizer, how do you guys change the font on the shortcuts, all of mine look corny. heres a screen shot

71573488299736893605191.jpg
With no notification bar how do you know if you have a new text, email, etc?

Originally Posted by DunkeDinSaucE

Alright guys, so after a month or so i finally rooted my vibrant. The main reason is someone came into my work today claiming hes overclocked his to 1.6ghz. i changed the proccessor speed using Setcpu and it is  fast!

heres my set up:
I used the OCLF app to root
SetCpu app to over clock (max 1ghz)
LauncherPro for customizations
Desktop visualizer
Battstatt
TAJM app

I spent a few hours researching, and setting it up. Is there anything else you guys reccomend? Also where can i down load new icons and what not? annnd for the guys who used desktop visualizer, how do you guys change the font on the shortcuts, all of mine look corny. heres a screen shot

71573488299736893605191.jpg
With no notification bar how do you know if you have a new text, email, etc?

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

phone looks impressive for 10 bucks

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

phone looks impressive for 10 bucks

Back
Top Bottom