• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how do i go about "rooting" my Samsung fascinate? also whats the advantages of rooting it?

how do i go about "rooting" my Samsung fascinate? also whats the advantages of rooting it?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I'm thinking about the Galaxy Tab. The Wifi one. I can just tether my Evo to it. Gotta see it in person first. If it doesn't feel good, i'll just cop a used iPad.

yea, i was thinking of getting a tablet too, but rather wait for an official supported Tablet with android(gingerbread), a WebOS tablet from palm or the blackberry playbook. Ipad
grin.gif
, I got a macbook that will soon have ios like features when Lion comes out. Samsung Tab is great but its too much of a risk since its not fully supported from google.
I'd love to have a tablet right now, but price wise, I feel that it's going to be best to wait until next year. IMO, the Tab is overpriced, especially when you consider the pricing on the 3G model ...

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I'm thinking about the Galaxy Tab. The Wifi one. I can just tether my Evo to it. Gotta see it in person first. If it doesn't feel good, i'll just cop a used iPad.

yea, i was thinking of getting a tablet too, but rather wait for an official supported Tablet with android(gingerbread), a WebOS tablet from palm or the blackberry playbook. Ipad
grin.gif
, I got a macbook that will soon have ios like features when Lion comes out. Samsung Tab is great but its too much of a risk since its not fully supported from google.
I'd love to have a tablet right now, but price wise, I feel that it's going to be best to wait until next year. IMO, the Tab is overpriced, especially when you consider the pricing on the 3G model ...

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by davizzy

ALCHEMIST- have you tried out CM6.1 yet or has anyone tried it out yet? I was thinking about flashing to it but lots of people are having problems with it so i been holding off.

I can't even install it. Alchemist was helping me out too. 
Gonna try a dif rom. Any suggestions on which rom?

Dang I didn't know u were installing cm6.1 I haven't tried that

I tried to dl the one you sent im pretty sure. 6.0, right?
I

ALCHEMIST- have you tried out CM6.1 yet or has anyone tried it out yet? I was thinking about flashing to it but lots of people are having problems with it so i been holding off.

I

I
I recommend the Fresh 3.4 ROM by Flipz. Runs great. Dude always updates too.

I
I recommend the Fresh 3.4 ROM by Flipz. Runs great. Dude always updates too.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Seems like no smart phones these days have a desktop manager like Palm did with the Treo's. is there one for Droid?

I know HTC sense phones have a desktop manager for android that only runs on Windows OS, not sure of the other companies provided Desktop managers for android.

But you don't really need a Desktop manger when android syncs all your contacts to your gmail account and dropbox is one of the best cloud storage apps one can use. You can also use Doubletwist to sync apps and music to any android device.
Thanks for the reply.  Thing is. I don't want everything synced up with my gmail account.  I prefer to compartmentalize and limit how much info google/gmail has access to.

Seems like no smart phones these days have a desktop manager like Palm did with the Treo's. is there one for Droid?

I know HTC sense phones have a desktop manager for android that only runs on Windows OS, not sure of the other companies provided Desktop managers for android.

But you don't really need a Desktop manger when android syncs all your contacts to your gmail account and dropbox is one of the best cloud storage apps one can use. You can also use Doubletwist to sync apps and music to any android device.
Thanks for the reply.  Thing is. I don't want everything synced up with my gmail account.  I prefer to compartmentalize and limit how much info google/gmail has access to.

Running Myn's beta RL3 with some cfs kernel. Pretty good so far. Might have to flash riptide's theme.

Running Myn's beta RL3 with some cfs kernel. Pretty good so far. Might have to flash riptide's theme.

If you don't want google to have access to your info I'd look elsewhere for a phone, it's really not worth the effort when the phone revolves around a google sign-in. I believe if you get a phone that can be flashed to cyanogenmod you can use the phone without google apps but I don't know what the experience is like.There's nothing wrong with WebOS or the iPhone.

If you don't want google to have access to your info I'd look elsewhere for a phone, it's really not worth the effort when the phone revolves around a google sign-in. I believe if you get a phone that can be flashed to cyanogenmod you can use the phone without google apps but I don't know what the experience is like.There's nothing wrong with WebOS or the iPhone.

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

If you don't want google to have access to your info I'd look elsewhere for a phone, it's really not worth the effort when the phone revolves around a google sign-in. I believe if you get a phone that can be flashed to cyanogenmod you can use the phone without google apps but I don't know what the experience is like.

There's nothing wrong with WebOS or the iPhone.

Yea, you don't have to sync with google at all they give you that option to skip that setup. I was weary about this too when i 1st got my Evo, i didn't like the fact saving my contacts with google. However me doing all these roms, roots and its essential to have my contacts backed up with my gmail account if i ever were to brick my phone or lose my phone and it automatically sync with any android device. However on the apple side if you want the same service like gmail/backup content you have to pay for it "MOBILE ME" its better but the fact of paying $100 service is kinds apple trying to dig in your pockets even deeper unless you need that service and its essential to your work/lifestyle.

Dirty your probably better off with WebOS, they have a desktop manager its free( I believe) Palm just came out with the pre2 which has better software and faster hardware from the previous gen pre1. Only thing is, is that you have to wait for it to come stateside on gsm networks, I'm not sure about cdma.

If you don't want google to have access to your info I'd look elsewhere for a phone, it's really not worth the effort when the phone revolves around a google sign-in. I believe if you get a phone that can be flashed to cyanogenmod you can use the phone without google apps but I don't know what the experience is like.

There's nothing wrong with WebOS or the iPhone.

Yea, you don't have to sync with google at all they give you that option to skip that setup. I was weary about this too when i 1st got my Evo, i didn't like the fact saving my contacts with google. However me doing all these roms, roots and its essential to have my contacts backed up with my gmail account if i ever were to brick my phone or lose my phone and it automatically sync with any android device. However on the apple side if you want the same service like gmail/backup content you have to pay for it "MOBILE ME" its better but the fact of paying $100 service is kinds apple trying to dig in your pockets even deeper unless you need that service and its essential to your work/lifestyle.

Dirty your probably better off with WebOS, they have a desktop manager its free( I believe) Palm just came out with the pre2 which has better software and faster hardware from the previous gen pre1. Only thing is, is that you have to wait for it to come stateside on gsm networks, I'm not sure about cdma.

I currently use PhoneMyPC w/ Windows 7 Home Premium + a remote desktop registry tweak.  Still in beta but very useful.

Also looking into a QNAP drive & QMobile for streaming media files from home.

Sling Player (for streaming TV) + QMobile (for streaming PC media) + PhoneMyPC (for PC interaction) = the ultimate media setup.  Just make sure you are on wifi or know your carrier's data TOS.

I currently use PhoneMyPC w/ Windows 7 Home Premium + a remote desktop registry tweak.  Still in beta but very useful.

Also looking into a QNAP drive & QMobile for streaming media files from home.

Sling Player (for streaming TV) + QMobile (for streaming PC media) + PhoneMyPC (for PC interaction) = the ultimate media setup.  Just make sure you are on wifi or know your carrier's data TOS.

Back
Top Bottom