Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by djaward

This method helped the battery and other things on my phone. 
Update PRL- go to Settings, about phone, System updates and click on UPDATE PRL

Update PRIFILE- Same as above, but the last step is UPDATE PROFILE.

Turn on Airplane mode and leave it on for 30 seconds. - Hold the power button and the click on the airplane mode.

Turn it off after 30 seconds- Hold the power button and click on the airplane mode

Download Task Killer- go into the app store and download it. Its free. 

NOT A MUST but I did it- I downloaded battery indicator by DASHAN (the free version)

Wait about 24 hours so it kicks in. My Android system is at 3%. 

Hope this helps you. 

I have android 2.2, there is no available update.

Turn on Airplane mode and leave it on for 30 seconds. - Hold the power button and the click on the airplane mode.

Turn it off after 30 seconds- Hold the power button and click on the airplane mode

NOT A MUST but I did it- I downloaded battery indicator by DASHAN (the free version)

Hope this helps you. 

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Hope this helps you. 

Thats ok. Mine said the same thing. Just follow those steps and your battery life should be better and your system percentage should lower. 

Hope this helps you. 

Thats ok. Mine said the same thing. Just follow those steps and your battery life should be better and your system percentage should lower. 

You mean start from step 3? Because I can't click on something that's not there. Plus, I just uninstalled ATK. Seemed like it was draining the battery, and I posted a link maybe 2 pages back stating that they aren't needed anyway.

You mean start from step 3? Because I can't click on something that's not there. Plus, I just uninstalled ATK. Seemed like it was draining the battery, and I posted a link maybe 2 pages back stating that they aren't needed anyway.

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Droid X owners, is there any way to change the color of the status bar on top of the screen without having to root? I'm looking to change it to black.

No. Only a custom theme or metamorph will do it, and you need superuser permission through root.

I'm a little hesitant to root but if that's the only way, then I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try it out. Thanks.
It's easier than you think. I had the fear of god in me for the first month i had my X with regards to rooting. Took no more than 5 minutes and now that the .sbf for the 2.2 update is out, you can get back to stock just in case you have to send your phone back for whatever reason.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Droid X owners, is there any way to change the color of the status bar on top of the screen without having to root? I'm looking to change it to black.

No. Only a custom theme or metamorph will do it, and you need superuser permission through root.

I'm a little hesitant to root but if that's the only way, then I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try it out. Thanks.
It's easier than you think. I had the fear of god in me for the first month i had my X with regards to rooting. Took no more than 5 minutes and now that the .sbf for the 2.2 update is out, you can get back to stock just in case you have to send your phone back for whatever reason.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

i was referring to award. but yea ATK isn't koo. but that airplane mode thing does work.
So how do you control what's running in the background? Or should I not worry about whats running? I thought those programs running was a reason my battery was draining? Thanks for the help. 

i was referring to award. but yea ATK isn't koo. but that airplane mode thing does work.
So how do you control what's running in the background? Or should I not worry about whats running? I thought those programs running was a reason my battery was draining? Thanks for the help. 

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I been getting EXCELLENT battery life out of my Captivate with heavy use 
pimp.gif

With 16% left, i know i couldve gotten atleast an hour more with that
2vv5le0.png
How did you get your android system % so low? Mine STAYS over 50%. It's charging now, but I'm gonna post the stats later. Also where are you all getting wallpapers from? I need something new, the ones preloaded aren't cutting it, and anytime I take something from the sd card the pics are zoomed in crazy.
ohwell.gif
Im not really sure, i have a screen shot from right now and android system isnt even there. I dont have any task killer installed, just this app called systempanel that tells me whats running and also facebook and some other widgets that i check often, I also text A LOT and am always on the phone and so far its held up like a champ.

14e8cqf.png

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I been getting EXCELLENT battery life out of my Captivate with heavy use 
pimp.gif

With 16% left, i know i couldve gotten atleast an hour more with that
2vv5le0.png
How did you get your android system % so low? Mine STAYS over 50%. It's charging now, but I'm gonna post the stats later. Also where are you all getting wallpapers from? I need something new, the ones preloaded aren't cutting it, and anytime I take something from the sd card the pics are zoomed in crazy.
ohwell.gif
Im not really sure, i have a screen shot from right now and android system isnt even there. I dont have any task killer installed, just this app called systempanel that tells me whats running and also facebook and some other widgets that i check often, I also text A LOT and am always on the phone and so far its held up like a champ.

14e8cqf.png

I have no percentage for voice calls. But the 35% phone idle is killing me i think.

Nba league pass isnt workin for me either.

I have no percentage for voice calls. But the 35% phone idle is killing me i think.

Nba league pass isnt workin for me either.

Yea, don't worry about what's goin down in the background.  The way I understand it, Android is like Linux (which I also don't understand) in that it shuts down programs when memory is needed and when not in use they are taking up very little power if any.  Here's an article that convinced me.\
http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

Yea, don't worry about what's goin down in the background.  The way I understand it, Android is like Linux (which I also don't understand) in that it shuts down programs when memory is needed and when not in use they are taking up very little power if any.  Here's an article that convinced me.\
http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

Back
Top Bottom