• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, another tidbit for all Androiders. If you find that your phone has been slowing down lately and rebooting isn't helping, try clearling the Dalvik-cache. It sped up my phone immensely. The only draw back is that rebooting the phone right after you clear the cache, take longer than normal (~2 min).

Also, another tidbit for all Androiders. If you find that your phone has been slowing down lately and rebooting isn't helping, try clearling the Dalvik-cache. It sped up my phone immensely. The only draw back is that rebooting the phone right after you clear the cache, take longer than normal (~2 min).

what does wiping the battery stats do? reason i ask is because i flashed a new rom and kernel like 2 or 3 days ago but the battery life still seems to be the same. Would this help tremendously or would i see minimal change by doing it?

what does wiping the battery stats do? reason i ask is because i flashed a new rom and kernel like 2 or 3 days ago but the battery life still seems to be the same. Would this help tremendously or would i see minimal change by doing it?

Smokey with that info
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

how do you clear the dalvik-cache?  Can't find it

I have a Nexus One

I have a Nexus One

Originally Posted by Regal Black

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

turn your phone off and turn it on while holding down the trackball

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

that's what I did, but I didn't see anything about clearing 'cache'

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

choose recovery using vol down key and press power to choose it
-then scroll down to advanced and then -wipe davlik cache after all that reboot.

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

-then scroll down to advanced and then -wipe davlik cache after all that reboot.

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

Alright thanks

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

Alright thanks

Originally Posted by djaward

i was referring to award. but yea ATK isn't koo. but that airplane mode thing does work.
So how do you control what's running in the background? Or should I not worry about whats running? I thought those programs running was a reason my battery was draining? Thanks for the help. 

Yea, don't worry about what's goin down in the background.  The way I understand it, Android is like Linux (which I also don't understand) in that it shuts down programs when memory is needed and when not in use they are taking up very little power if any.  Here's an article that convinced me.\
http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them
Very helpful information here. THanks. TASK KILLER HAS NOW BEEN DELETED. 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

i was referring to award. but yea ATK isn't koo. but that airplane mode thing does work.
So how do you control what's running in the background? Or should I not worry about whats running? I thought those programs running was a reason my battery was draining? Thanks for the help. 

Yea, don't worry about what's goin down in the background.  The way I understand it, Android is like Linux (which I also don't understand) in that it shuts down programs when memory is needed and when not in use they are taking up very little power if any.  Here's an article that convinced me.\
http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them
Very helpful information here. THanks. TASK KILLER HAS NOW BEEN DELETED. 
happy.gif

nickle dime.... did u change anything to keep boost ur battery performance?? cuz i have the same exact phone except fasinate.

nickle dime.... did u change anything to keep boost ur battery performance?? cuz i have the same exact phone except fasinate.

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

Alright thanks

Also, another way to do it is through an app called Titanium Backup.  It's the program I normally use to backup Apps and stuff for when I feel like updating or trying out a new ROM and I need to wipe the phone clear.  Through Titanium backup's settings you can clear the Dalvik Cache.
Also, another way to to it is if you have the Ultimate Droid ROM.  Not sure what devices it's available for (I have the OG Droid), but it comes with some cool settings and tools pre-installed in order to speed your phone, one of which clears the Dalvik for you.

Back
Top Bottom