• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Also, another tidbit for all Androiders. If you find that your phone has been slowing down lately and rebooting isn't helping, try clearling the Dalvik-cache. It sped up my phone immensely. The only draw back is that rebooting the phone right after you clear the cache, take longer than normal (~2 min).

how do you clear the dalvik-cache?  Can't find it

I have a Nexus One

go into recovery

turn your phone off and turn it on while holding down the trackball
that's what I did, but I didn't see anything about clearing 'cache'

choose recovery using vol down key and press power to choose it
-then scroll down to advanced and then -wipe davlik cache after all that reboot.

Alright thanks

Also, another way to do it is through an app called Titanium Backup.  It's the program I normally use to backup Apps and stuff for when I feel like updating or trying out a new ROM and I need to wipe the phone clear.  Through Titanium backup's settings you can clear the Dalvik Cache.
Also, another way to to it is if you have the Ultimate Droid ROM.  Not sure what devices it's available for (I have the OG Droid), but it comes with some cool settings and tools pre-installed in order to speed your phone, one of which clears the Dalvik for you.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

There is supposely a new Evo OTA flying around, don't know what it does though.

nerd.gif

What battery apps are you guys using?

I want something that tracks battery usage. Like a history of some sort.

Would be nice to know the longest and shortest my battery has lasted, etc, etc

Task killer was gone right when i read that page.

Can someone help me out with the phone idle being really high percentage situation?

Task killer was gone right when i read that page.

Can someone help me out with the phone idle being really high percentage situation?

[h4][/h4]
[h4]The PlayStation Phone[/h4]
By Joshua Topolsky posted Oct 26th 2010 9:09PM

Breaking News

Exclusive

It's hard to believe that what we're looking at is real -- but we assure you, the picture above is in fact the PlayStation Phone you've long been waiting for. As we reported back in August, the device you see is headed into the market soon, likely boasting Android 3.0 (aka Gingerbread), along with a custom Sony Marketplace which will allow you to purchase and download games designed for the new platform. The device snapped up top (and in our gallery below) is sporting a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 (a chip similar to the one found in the G2, but 200MHz faster), 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM, and the screen is in the range of 3.7 to 4.1 inches. Looking almost identical to the mockup we hit you with this summer, the handset does indeed have a long touchpad in the center which is apparently multitouch, and you can see in the photos that it's still bearing those familiar PlayStation shoulder buttons. For Sony buffs, you'll be interested to know that there's no Memory Stick slot here, but there is support for microSD cards.

The particular model in these shots is still in prototyping mode. As such, the unit doesn't have a custom skin (not even SE's Timescape design seen on the Xperia devices), and is said to be rather buggy. We're digging into more facts as we speak, but it's likely that much of what we reported earlier is still accurate, and though the device could still be headed for a 2010 release, 2011 is looking much more realistic. Still, there's a lot of time between now and the holidays... so keep your fingers crossed!

The PlayStation Phone

PlayStation Phone details

http://www.engadget.com/2...6/the-playstation-phone/

[h4][/h4]
[h4]The PlayStation Phone[/h4]
By Joshua Topolsky posted Oct 26th 2010 9:09PM

Breaking News

Exclusive

It's hard to believe that what we're looking at is real -- but we assure you, the picture above is in fact the PlayStation Phone you've long been waiting for. As we reported back in August, the device you see is headed into the market soon, likely boasting Android 3.0 (aka Gingerbread), along with a custom Sony Marketplace which will allow you to purchase and download games designed for the new platform. The device snapped up top (and in our gallery below) is sporting a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 (a chip similar to the one found in the G2, but 200MHz faster), 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM, and the screen is in the range of 3.7 to 4.1 inches. Looking almost identical to the mockup we hit you with this summer, the handset does indeed have a long touchpad in the center which is apparently multitouch, and you can see in the photos that it's still bearing those familiar PlayStation shoulder buttons. For Sony buffs, you'll be interested to know that there's no Memory Stick slot here, but there is support for microSD cards.

The particular model in these shots is still in prototyping mode. As such, the unit doesn't have a custom skin (not even SE's Timescape design seen on the Xperia devices), and is said to be rather buggy. We're digging into more facts as we speak, but it's likely that much of what we reported earlier is still accurate, and though the device could still be headed for a 2010 release, 2011 is looking much more realistic. Still, there's a lot of time between now and the holidays... so keep your fingers crossed!

The PlayStation Phone

PlayStation Phone details

http://www.engadget.com/2...6/the-playstation-phone/

Originally Posted by freshKRN

nickle dime.... did u change anything to keep boost ur battery performance?? cuz i have the same exact phone except fasinate.
Nah man, just using it and charging it when it gets in the low 20's. I have this app calld SYSTEMPANEL that tells me whats going on in the background, its really good. Not using a task killer either, guess i got a good battery.

Originally Posted by freshKRN

nickle dime.... did u change anything to keep boost ur battery performance?? cuz i have the same exact phone except fasinate.
Nah man, just using it and charging it when it gets in the low 20's. I have this app calld SYSTEMPANEL that tells me whats going on in the background, its really good. Not using a task killer either, guess i got a good battery.

minimal_drops_by_raadius-d31lph3.png

Don't mind the 15FAIR, it's using C* not F* (will be fixed soon), no way in hell it's 15* in LA right now lol.

Don't mind the 15FAIR, it's using C* not F* (will be fixed soon), no way in hell it's 15* in LA right now lol.

I downloaded Typoweather, but what the hell is woeid?

I downloaded Typoweather, but what the hell is woeid?

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Look up Battery Indicator by Darshan Computing in the Market.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Look up Battery Indicator by Darshan Computing in the Market.

Back
Top Bottom