• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

newb here
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i bought the htc droid incredible off verizon.com, i'll be getting it tomorrow and i know NT knows all the best $@%+ to get

so what are some of the must have apps?
nerd.gif

i read some reviews and people complain about the battery life, i saw there was an app for that too, so im just lookin for people to point me in the right direction so i can enjoy this nice !%+ phone
pimp.gif
this will be my first smartphone, currently rockin with the alias 2
sick.gif
Batt saver apps tend to just kill your batt more. (from my personal experience). I am running my incredible on launcher pro with no task killers. I would say turn off the animations and set to brightness to low for starters.. Turn off location also if you're not using it. I'm sure the other NT members will chip in. But if you have more questions, feel free to PM me.

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

newb here
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i bought the htc droid incredible off verizon.com, i'll be getting it tomorrow and i know NT knows all the best $@%+ to get

so what are some of the must have apps?
nerd.gif

i read some reviews and people complain about the battery life, i saw there was an app for that too, so im just lookin for people to point me in the right direction so i can enjoy this nice !%+ phone
pimp.gif
this will be my first smartphone, currently rockin with the alias 2
sick.gif
Batt saver apps tend to just kill your batt more. (from my personal experience). I am running my incredible on launcher pro with no task killers. I would say turn off the animations and set to brightness to low for starters.. Turn off location also if you're not using it. I'm sure the other NT members will chip in. But if you have more questions, feel free to PM me.

Just found another text clock widget on pocketnow. Looks pretty good:

[h1]Text-based Clock and Battery Widgets for Android[/h1]
File under: News

By: CJ Lippstreu | 4:33 AM 26-Oct-10 | 0 Comments

battstattclockr.jpeg

If you’re looking for alternatives to traditional clock and battery widgets, here are some options that may fit the bill. Out of XDA comes Clockr, a new text-based clock widget designed for the true minimalist. Instead of dressed up numerical digits, the numbers are represented in their respective word forms. So, the time 12:34 would actually read as “twelveTHIRTYfour,

Just found another text clock widget on pocketnow. Looks pretty good:

[h1]Text-based Clock and Battery Widgets for Android[/h1]
File under: News

By: CJ Lippstreu | 4:33 AM 26-Oct-10 | 0 Comments

battstattclockr.jpeg

If you’re looking for alternatives to traditional clock and battery widgets, here are some options that may fit the bill. Out of XDA comes Clockr, a new text-based clock widget designed for the true minimalist. Instead of dressed up numerical digits, the numbers are represented in their respective word forms. So, the time 12:34 would actually read as “twelveTHIRTYfour,

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I been getting EXCELLENT battery life out of my Captivate with heavy use 
pimp.gif

With 16% left, i know i couldve gotten atleast an hour more with that
2vv5le0.png
How did you get your android system % so low? Mine STAYS over 50%. It's charging now, but I'm gonna post the stats later. Also where are you all getting wallpapers from? I need something new, the ones preloaded aren't cutting it, and anytime I take something from the sd card the pics are zoomed in crazy.
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

2vv5le0.png
How did you get your android system % so low? Mine STAYS over 50%. It's charging now, but I'm gonna post the stats later. Also where are you all getting wallpapers from? I need something new, the ones preloaded aren't cutting it, and anytime I take something from the sd card the pics are zoomed in crazy.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Anyone got the NBA League Pass app workin. Mine isnt right now (I know the season hasnt started but none of the features work but they were a couple weeks ago) I checked XDA but didnt see a post on it. Ill try it 2morrow and see if it works since the season starts. Just checkin to see if anyone else had any info on it.

Same thing here. Hoping it starts working correctly tomorrow.
Still not working as of this morning but we will see. It doesnt really matter that much because of ATDHE but it would be nice to have a one stop app for all the games, stats, highlights and standings. Im sure something will come up if the demand for the app is there.

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Anyone got the NBA League Pass app workin. Mine isnt right now (I know the season hasnt started but none of the features work but they were a couple weeks ago) I checked XDA but didnt see a post on it. Ill try it 2morrow and see if it works since the season starts. Just checkin to see if anyone else had any info on it.

Same thing here. Hoping it starts working correctly tomorrow.
Still not working as of this morning but we will see. It doesnt really matter that much because of ATDHE but it would be nice to have a one stop app for all the games, stats, highlights and standings. Im sure something will come up if the demand for the app is there.

Droid X owners, is there any way to change the color of the status bar on top of the screen without having to root? I'm looking to change it to black.

Droid X owners, is there any way to change the color of the status bar on top of the screen without having to root? I'm looking to change it to black.

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

No. Only a custom theme or metamorph will do it, and you need superuser permission through root.

No. Only a custom theme or metamorph will do it, and you need superuser permission through root.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

pimp.gif

2vv5le0.png
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

2vv5le0.png
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I dropped my captivate getting off the car and it fell to the ground face down. Now the glass has 3 small rock chips in 3 different spots. I dont have a screen protector.FML It hurts everytime I use the phone. I thought gorilla glass was strong. +%*.

is there some guarantee or warranty with gorilla glass that can get your screen/phone replaced... look into it

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I dropped my captivate getting off the car and it fell to the ground face down. Now the glass has 3 small rock chips in 3 different spots. I dont have a screen protector.FML It hurts everytime I use the phone. I thought gorilla glass was strong. +%*.

is there some guarantee or warranty with gorilla glass that can get your screen/phone replaced... look into it

Originally Posted by freshKRN

pimp.gif

2vv5le0.png
ohwell.gif
This method helped the battery and other things on my phone. 
Update PRL- go to Settings, about phone, System updates and click on UPDATE PRL

Update PRIFILE- Same as above, but the last step is UPDATE PROFILE.

Turn on Airplane mode and leave it on for 30 seconds. - Hold the power button and the click on the airplane mode.

Turn it off after 30 seconds- Hold the power button and click on the airplane mode

Download Task Killer- go into the app store and download it. Its free. 

NOT A MUST but I did it- I downloaded battery indicator by DASHAN (the free version)

Wait about 24 hours so it kicks in. My Android system is at 3%. 

Hope this helps you. 

Originally Posted by freshKRN

pimp.gif

2vv5le0.png
ohwell.gif
This method helped the battery and other things on my phone. 
Update PRL- go to Settings, about phone, System updates and click on UPDATE PRL

Update PRIFILE- Same as above, but the last step is UPDATE PROFILE.

Turn on Airplane mode and leave it on for 30 seconds. - Hold the power button and the click on the airplane mode.

Turn it off after 30 seconds- Hold the power button and click on the airplane mode

Download Task Killer- go into the app store and download it. Its free. 

NOT A MUST but I did it- I downloaded battery indicator by DASHAN (the free version)

Wait about 24 hours so it kicks in. My Android system is at 3%. 

Hope this helps you. 

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I'm a little hesitant to root but if that's the only way, then I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try it out. Thanks.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I'm a little hesitant to root but if that's the only way, then I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try it out. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom