Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h2]Nexus devices updated to Android 4.3 will now have TRIM support[/h2]

By Andrew Martonik   | Jul 29 2013 | 10:58 pm  | 7 COMMENTS

n7-compare-7_0.jpg

[h3]Owners of original Nexus 7's with sluggish performance should see a speed boost after the update[/h3]
It seems that the curious case of the sluggish Nexus 7  has been solved with the inclusion of TRIM support in Android 4.3. TRIM is essentially a way for the device's software to communicate with the on-board storage to let it know when blocks are sitting unused and ready for garbage collection. This is a necessary process, because when a user "deletes" files on a device, the file isn't actually removed from storage but simply marked as being available space to be cleared later when it is needed by the system. Unless TRIM is working to actually clear up those unused blocks, they will still be considered full by the storage itself.

For previous versions of Android TRIM wasn't enabled, which led to slower and slower I/O performance over time -- something that hit the Nexus 7 particularly hard. Luckily thanks to some investigation and testing by AnandTech, it is confirmed that the Android 4.3 update is bringing  TRIM support to not only the Nexus 7 but every Nexus device.

READ MORE AND COMMENT

[h1]LG gives another sneak peek at the G2 — and its 'QuickWindow' case[/h1]

By Phil Nickinson   | Jul 29 2013 | 10:19 pm  | 26 COMMENTS

lg-g2-quickwindow.jpg

Never mind that we've got a little more than a week to go before the LG G2 is unveiled in New York City  — the Korea manufacturer is letting loose let another teaser.

What you see here is what appears to be a flip case with a transparent window — yes, just like what Samsung's got on a couple of its models — that'll add a bit of functionality to the G2. In fact, it's got a good half-dozen features packed in there. Through the window you'll be able to see a clock, the current weather, an alarm clock, music player, incoming call details and text messages.

And, as you see, it'll be available seven colors.

LG is set to launch the G2 on Aug. 7 — if it can wait that long.

Alright bro's I am finally ready to start messing with my Nexus 4 and modding it. Looking on xda forums seems like most of this stuff is geared toward people that have done this before. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get started?

i have an att one x that had a broken screen and i took apart the phone but i was dum and went too far and removed the camera from the motherboard and now its such a pain to put back to gether because they constructed it in like a backwards way

has anyone worked on an att one x?

Ok so I installed a really good touchwiz rom on my S4. I was very disappointed with the amount of lag out of the box though. It was really bad. Almost took it back and got a q10 :lol:

Thanks y'all.
That's prolly gonna be my last theme/setup for a while. I'm on TW Launcher right now.

Space Potato is my favorite theme thus far. It goes well with just bout any wallpaper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom